gloomyharlow

Bat For Lashes

22 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Did ya’ll get a FB message about something ominous coming from her like “stay tuned and stay in touch cause somethings about to happen” and then there was just radio silence? :stareney2:

it’s her patreon! Patreon.com/batforlashes. It’s wonderful, highly rec subscribing

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

WHAAAT I had no idea :rip: What kind of stuff does she put up there?

a lot of cool stuff– there's a monthly handwritten letter, tarot readings, creative prompts, glimpses into her own creative processes, monthly collages– super cool!

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, landeath said:

do we have any links for her ''seal jubilee'' ''what's a girl to do?'' ''the wizard'' and ''pearl's dream'' demos? they were online years ago but nowhere to be found now :defeated:

ps: i think we may also had one for ''prescilla'' and one for ''daniel'' but i am not sure

I didn't know about these, I'm super interested in listening to them 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

21 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I didn't know about these, I'm super interested in listening to them 

yeah i am too :crai:hope somebody can come through. it is so sad how her stuff got lost during the years

7qhp.gif

On 6/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, landeath said:

do we have any links for her ''seal jubilee'' ''what's a girl to do?'' ''the wizard'' and ''pearl's dream'' demos? they were online years ago but nowhere to be found now :defeated:

ps: i think we may also had one for ''prescilla'' and one for ''daniel'' but i am not sure

So this one guy on soulseek have seal jubilee and what's a girl to do? demos but for some reason he is aborting the downloads :trisha: pls somebody

7qhp.gif

4 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Anyone else watching her xmas special? It’s so magical!

Which Björk song she did? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

15 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

anchor song, one of my all time favs and the song I was secretly hoping she’d do :gclap:

Interesting, I really thought she would to Aeroplane or Come to Me, but tbh every song on that album is amazing. 

Thanks 

first song/video and maybe (fingers crossed) pre-orders for the new album tomorrow! i am SO excited.

looks like she signed with a major label again (she was independent for her last record after her other major contract ended)...hope we get a gorgeous box set like we have for last few albums!

aOaIzH2.gif

On 2/21/2024 at 6:55 PM, rightofjupiter said:

first song/video and maybe (fingers crossed) pre-orders for the new album tomorrow! i am SO excited.

looks like she signed with a major label again (she was independent for her last record after her other major contract ended)...hope we get a gorgeous box set like we have for last few albums!

On 2/22/2024 at 5:29 PM, rightofjupiter said:

BIG same, the song is unreal, the video so lush and gorgeous, I can’t wait for this record :wub:

I so agree. It is a spiritual journey entirely and I'm pretty sure the album's gonna be. She's playing at a festival I'm going in France and I just can"t wait !

Unlike most people I love The Bride and Lost Girls. I love the general concept and the aesthetic of The Bride, which is a beautiful storytelling in my eyes, and the throwback feels of Lost Girls. I think both albums are gems. 
When it comes to new singles, I liked the first one but I don't think I will go back to second one. The theme of the album or the lyrics don't speak to me so much that's why I can't connect them really, and that's a bummer because she has always been one of my ultimate favs but I am sure I will find some gems on the record:party: