gloomyharlow

Bat For Lashes

I've been reading comments about her albums around the net and it seems that The Bride is actually one of her most hated albums, and heaps of people wanted her to go back to a style similar to her old material.

I'm really new to the music but I listened to The Bride a few times now and it's fucking amazing. So angelic and emotive.

How do you think I should approach the other albums? Could you rank them in terms of which ones are the most "commercial" sounding? I want to get into her other work but I don't know which album to start at. What do you think? Thanks xxx

I've been reading comments about her albums around the net and it seems that The Bride is actually one of her most hated albums, and heaps of people wanted her to go back to a style similar to her old material.

I'm really new to the music but I listened to The Bride a few times now and it's fucking amazing. So angelic and emotive.

How do you think I should approach the other albums? Could you rank them in terms of which ones are the most "commercial" sounding? I want to get into her other work but I don't know which album to start at. What do you think? Thanks xxx

you're totally in the same situation like me when I listened to The Bride haha

I think you should start with Two Suns and after this album you better listen to The Haunted Man.

And if you like these albums you can listen to F&G but i don't like it so much

you're totally in the same situation like me when I listened to The Bride haha

I think you should start with Two Suns and after this album you better listen to The Haunted Man.

And if you like these albums you can listen to F&G but i don't like it so much

Thank you for your response. It seems that Two Suns is one of her more appreciated albums so there must be something that makes it stand out. I'll definitely give that album a listen next, thank you  :kiss:

Thank you for your response. It seems that Two Suns is one of her more appreciated albums so there must be something that makes it stand out. I'll definitely give that album a listen next, thank you :kiss:

you're welcome x

Two Suns is so beautiful. I thought it was her best one (not including The Bride) but then I listened to The Haunted Man and now I'm loving THM more because it sounds like she really knows what she has done in THM, same for Two Suns too but idk it's just a feeling I think!! you should absolutely listen to all albums

I was kinda kii'ing when LanaBoards got into The Bride bc it is undoubtedly her least commercial work (apart from SEXWITCH side project obv). It's no surprise that people who are still Lana Del Rey fans after Honeymoon seem able to stand up to it though lol. I've always liked her catchy experimental dream pop as much as her emotional ballads, though, it's just that The Bride is full of the latter with only Sunday Love for reprieve. But like a lot of Lana's music, I think it's impressive in itself that The Bride is so slow and gloomy and depressive but still ultimately engaging. Haters can die :smokeney:

I was kinda kii'ing when LanaBoards got into The Bride bc it is undoubtedly her least commercial work (apart from SEXWITCH side project obv). It's no surprise that people who are still Lana Del Rey fans after Honeymoon seem able to stand up to it though lol. I've always liked her catchy experimental dream pop as much as her emotional ballads, though, it's just that The Bride is full of the latter with only Sunday Love for reprieve. But like a lot of Lana's music, I think it's impressive in itself that The Bride is so slow and gloomy and depressive but still ultimately engaging. Haters can die :smokeney:

Excuse me while I wallow in my ignorance, but what does "kii'ing" mean? :P

Anyway, it's kind of true that the true LDR stans left are probably the ones more interested in alternative/dream pop and so on, since the more commercial fans pretty much took off at some point around UV, lol (well, apart from the few that still lurk this forum spouting hate about everything Lana does that isn't like BTD).

For me, The Bride is such a beautiful album, I hope I like her other albums as much as this one.

I LOVE "If I Knew" so freaking much

it sounds very Kate Bush to me

Oh my god her vocals in that fucking song :xcry:

Lately my tune has been "In Your Bed"

Excuse me while I wallow in my ignorance, but what does "kii'ing" mean? :P

Anyway, it's kind of true that the true LDR stans left are probably the ones more interested in alternative/dream pop and so on, since the more commercial fans pretty much took off at some point around UV, lol (well, apart from the few that still lurk this forum spouting hate about everything Lana does that isn't like BTD).

For me, The Bride is such a beautiful album, I hope I like her other albums as much as this one.

Like the sound you make in your throat when you're having a laugh at someone else's expense. Kiiiiiiiiiiii.

I think you will. Just listen to Siren Song from Two Suns, it's god tier a la Joe's Dream

Who doesn't like The Bride? It's like her best?

I hope she tours soon!!

Also can I add, THM and Fur and Gold are perfect fall/winter albums

I've been throwing The Haunted Man into the mix slowly as well, and wow it's great. Seriously great song after another. Her discography is really fun to get into so far.

where does the stage name Bat For Lashes come from?

Idk tbh, I feel like it's a play on batting your lashes and the actual animal, a bat.

Wait here's this: As for her stage name, Bat for Lashes "doesn’t really mean anything," she said. "It conjured up Halloween-y images, and it sounded metal and feminine."

I don't know why but the Haunted Man just doesn't do it for me like all her other albums. Maybe in time.

What don't you like about it? Drop in quality, style? It's really refined imo