Cashew

Lana @ TW Classic in Belgium on 9th of July, 2016.

I've seen some fans on Instagram say that whoever is attending the show in Russia today should talk to people in the audience and tell them that Lana had a bad show yesterday and they should really cheer her up... which is stupid, I mean Lana is a grown ass woman and her fans treat her like she's a child who can't take criticism :facepalm: I don't know what Lana was expecting tbh, in a festival where the lineup consists of Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie and Simply Red she obviously won't go down well

I don't think Lana is going to be taken seriously if her fans act that way, this way of handling the situation will backlash on her.

Instead if the fans want to encourage the crowds they must start cheering themselves and the crowds go along, of course that depends on the numbers of the fans within her crowd..

I really don't think Festivals are for Lana, her performances are reflective on the crowd she has.

What I hate about festivals:

People usually go for one or two artists they like (in this case probs Bruce)

The other artists are literally left with audiences who know nothing about Lana.

I mean the audiences were just too quiet. Personally, I just don't like Lana being around festivals :/ Of course, it's her choice and if she likes I would support her in any way, but concert is more "Lana" 

+the back dancers... meh for me

you're bringing up the same argument as in 2012 when snl happened. it doesn't mean she can't perform on radio/tv just because one performance was rather lukewarm.

she was misplaced both times (snl's audience wanted something to bop to; belgiums crowd was about to die and waiting for bruce) other than that her crowds were fine. she's playing in the same league as florence for example, they're both not katy perry but still have their hits they can perform (when it comes to festivals you should include some of them and yes that means ss is absolutely fine at festivals, it's her biggest hit here in mainland europe). 

as we've seen in the past, young(er) audiences usually correspond well to lana.

i76mrxw.png 

I was honestly worried she would be comfortable on her old performances that had become like a routine, so I'm thrilled that she tried new things, it means she's conscious that it's becoming boring and she wants to enhance the experience of her show. But of course she needs to improve on how some of those back-up dancers new things will be better executed if she really wants to keep them. 

It's tragic though, she put a lot of effort in this show yet the crowd was fucking terrible. 

edit: and I'm NOT feeling that peace necklace. I'm looking at you johnny blue eyes

4BZPaCg.jpg

I talked about this in one of my earlier videos. (I had just started using my phone and I screwed up so the framing is smaller than it could have been) If you don't want to watch the whole thing go to 2:40 and I talk about my feelings about festivals.

I've yet to hear any booing from all the social media samples and youtube I've been catching; however, it occurs to me that I really don't know why she was angry or sad. It could have been because they said no way/no how for her going into the pit to schmooze with the audience. Or it could be that it's dawning on her that those kind of days are over in view of Christina Grimme. And even if it were a crowd-response thing, she did not let that effect her performance, which is good training for her. I mean she did Yayo (which I loved) in spite of the crowd (or maybe she decided to throw it in as a response who knows). Hopefully, she does Yayo more fully as a jazz cabaret-type piece in Montreux.

Still looking for HM (the song performance) from TW on youtube. If anyone saw it on periscope, did the back up singers harmonize at "Dark Blue"? 

I saw a decent UV. 

It's hard to tell, but if the dancers sing well (which I hope they can), she could have used them more for that nice chorus-like backing on the bridge of the song.

I can't at y'all complaining about the crowd. One f*cking crowd that is not an annoying piece of sh*t and y'all worry Lana might be insecure because one would actually hear her vocals on a concert. Lana is a grown ass woman and she has performed plenty times, she should be able to handle it by now. If she has to rely on disgusting stan behaviour, that would really mean she's through.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Honestly Ultraviolence is one of my most favourite songs of all time and even I was bored watching last night's performance of it. I can see why a non-fan would be bored, she just stands there and doesn't even smile :toofunny: She even crossed her arms and kind of rolled her eyes, she just left the impression that she did not want to be there at all

I talked about this in one of my earlier videos. (I had just started using my phone and I screwed up so the framing is smaller than it could have been) If you don't want to watch the whole thing go to 2:40 and I talk about my feelings about festivals.

Screaming, didn't know king Fred was on LB.

I've yet to hear any booing from all the social media samples and youtube I've been catching; however, it occurs to me that I really don't know why she was angry or sad. It could have been because they said no way/no how for her going into the pit to schmooze with the audience. Or it could be that it's dawning on her that those kind of days are over in view of Christina Grimme. And even if it were a crowd-response thing, she did not let that effect her performance, which is good training for her. I mean she did Yayo (which I loved) in spite of the crowd (or maybe she decided to throw it in as a response who knows). Hopefully, she does Yayo more fully as a jazz cabaret-type piece in Montreux.

Still looking for HM (the song performance) from TW on youtube. If anyone saw it on periscope, did the back up singers harmonize at "Dark Blue"?

I saw a decent UV.

It's hard to tell, but if the dancers sing well (which I hope they can), she could have used them more for that nice chorus-like backing on the bridge of the song.

I mean it could have been worse, but still is really disrespectful, also I don't remember the dark blue part, but she hit notes in the final part a lot, she sounded incredible

8nl2OpX.png

I've seen some fans on Instagram say that whoever is attending the show in Russia today should talk to people in the audience and tell them that Lana had a bad show yesterday and they should really cheer her up... which is stupid, I mean Lana is a grown ass woman and her fans treat her like she's a child who can't take criticism :facepalm: I don't know what Lana was expecting tbh, in a festival where the lineup consists of Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie and Simply Red she obviously won't go down well

Well I think that's actually a cute idea. Not treating her like a baby but they should sing along the entire show and clap a lot... that kinda stuff. A positive and exciting audience = positive and exciting Lana.