Cashew

Lana @ TW Classic in Belgium on 9th of July, 2016.

I was there and Lana definitely did a good concert!!!

Problem was that she was at the wrong festival because Werchter Classic is usually for older people and also with older artists. It would have been so much better that she did a concert last week at Rock Werchter which is the festival she visited also in 2012 and that was great. That festival is orientated to younger people between 18 and 40.

Yesterday there was a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fanbase and Lana's fans just weren't there. The singer from the band "The Van Jets" asked during his concert in the afternoon who from the crowd was there for Simply Red and pretty lot of people reacted, same for Lionel Richie but when he asked for Lana almost no one raised his hand in the air but only the few fans who were there. I raised my hand too and immediately some Springsteen-fans looked at me as if I was from another planet. Also during Lana's concert and I sang with her songs again some Springsteen-looking at me like "Omg, he know the text of these songs". 

Lana said twice that she was waiting for Springsteen too and she gave me the impression that she wouldn't have been there if Springsteen hadn't give a concert that night. She urgenty needs to drop those festivals for a while and begin a solo tour so that only her fans can be present and not a mixed crowd. A big concert of 2 hours would be so great. Maybe something for the future. 

I really feel sorry for her and I hoped the crowd would react better but what I was afraid of happened with a crowd full of 50 and 60 years old people who don't know her. A crowd with not only Belgian Springsteen-fans but also German, French, Dutch and British people. But if this is the attitude of an average Bruce Springsteen-fan who always react like that on artists they don't know, I would be ashamed. This is a total lack of respect! I went to the festival especially for her because I wanted to see and hear her live again and I paid the full price ticket (160 Euro) so I could be as close as possible to her. But before her concert there was also The Van Jets, Simply Red and Lionel Richie. Not really artists where I visited the festival for but I enjoyed their concerts too. So, is a Bruce Springsteen-fan so narrow minded that he thinks that there's only one artist in the world? Oh please, I expected more respect and dignity. Lana didn't deserve this but she'll get over it because she's a strong and self confident young woman.

After Lana's concert I went home and left the upcoming Springsteen-concert for what it was. I was so disgusted by those Springsteen-fans that they could have him. I had enough of the crowd...

Anyway, thanks for a superb concert Lana. I enjoyed it very much!!!

Honestly this wasn't really her show, she did so much effort for it but it seems to me she was bummed by how unsupportive the audience was.. I think Lana takes matters at heart so if the audience aren't willing to enjoy her show it reflects on her performances.

https://youtu.be/t0o9LLigyWM

Lana seemed more like an opening act to Bruce Springsteen, there was a 180 degree difference in the atmosphere of the two shows.

Lana needs her audience if she prefers to not appeal to other demographics otherwise she'll have to put further effort to appeal to non Lana fans.

Also Lana might not spot a group of her fans across the crowd or maybe she was anxious or generally bummed from the show to go down and meet the crowd.

I really love the efforts she did for this show, her backup dancers need to backup a bit.

The difference is amazing. The crowd was the problem not Lana.

I was there and Lana definitely did a good concert!!!

Problem was that she was at the wrong festival because Werchter Classic is usually for older people and also with older artists. It would have been so much better that she did a concert last week at Rock Werchter which is the festival she visited also in 2012 and that was great. That festival is orientated to younger people between 18 and 40.

Yesterday there was a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fanbase and Lana's fans just weren't there. The singer from the band "The Van Jets" asked during his concert in the afternoon who from the crowd was there for Simply Red and pretty lot of people reacted, same for Lionel Richie but when he asked for Lana almost no one raised his hand in the air but only the few fans who were there. I raised my hand too and immediately some Springsteen-fans looked at me as if I was from another planet. Also during Lana's concert and I sang with her songs again some Springsteen-looking at me like "Omg, he know the text of these songs". 

Lana said twice that she was waiting for Springsteen too and she gave me the impression that she wouldn't have been there if Springsteen hadn't give a concert that night. She urgenty needs to drop those festivals for a while and begin a solo tour so that only her fans can be present and not a mixed crowd. A big concert of 2 hours would be so great. Maybe something for the future. 

I really feel sorry for her and I hoped the crowd would react better but what I was afraid of happened with a crowd full of 50 and 60 years old people who don't know her. A crowd with not only Belgian Springsteen-fans but also German, French, Dutch and British people. But if this is the attitude of an average Bruce Springsteen-fan who always react like that on artists they don't know, I would be ashamed. This is a total lack of respect! I went to the festival especially for her because I wanted to see and hear her live again and I paid the full price ticket (160 Euro) so I could be as close as possible to her. But before her concert there was also The Van Jets, Simply Red and Lionel Richie. Not really artists where I visited the festival for but I enjoyed their concerts too. So, is a Bruce Springsteen-fan so narrow minded that he thinks that there's only one artist in the world? Oh please, I expected more respect and dignity. Lana didn't deserve this but she'll get over it because she's a strong and self confident young woman.

After Lana's concert I went home and left the upcoming Springsteen-concert for what it was. I was so disgusted by those Springsteen-fans that they could have him. I had enough of the crowd...

Anyway, thanks for a superb concert Lana. I enjoyed it very much!!!

I'm so glad you had fun! It's a fact that the crowd was the problem.

However I think a headlining tour for Honeymoon would honestly flop, especially in Europe. This festival tour thing is a good idea because she grows up as a performer and is finally able to re-connect with her European fanbase which is not as big as it used to be. I hope the next album is decently successful... not as big as UV but not as underperforming as HM so she does a solo tour.

http://picosong.com/t3rJ ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hOeZC-ZKg4

Ultraviolence

I'm doing this thing of converting the best videos of her live performance into audio, I did the same thing with the Park live festival http://bit.ly/29ytXWW

For this show I managed to only find two full length videos on youtube, this and Yayo (which killed my ears). If it's possible I'll check the periscopes and update this.

Update:

http://picosong.com/t3iM ----> From the periscopes in this thread

Cola