Sign in to follow this  
sparklrtrailrheaven

sparklrtrailrheaven's art - *A.M.E.R.I.C.A / AFRAID*

oh baby reviving this ancient thread bc i finally figured out how to make my own covers VERY much inspired by sis @@Formation (hope u don't mind me swiping inspo!!!) please check out their covers thread bc they are GORGEOUS i just wanted to try my own spin

so, here's the first in a lizzy series, w/the 1949 demo:

1949-Demo.png

o4qjp4j.png

Giving passionate mouth-to-mouth to my art thread yet again, to deliver THE WORST OF LANA DEL REY... tracklist coming soon :creepna3:

hQXJEID.jpg

this is fully ironic and i do not condone Ms. Grant's cultural appropriation

I initially just thought how hilarious it'd be to make a compilation of Lana's "worst" (God knows it's subjective, as evidenced by the existence of Hot Hot Hot stans) music, and feature at least one of her most 'yikes' moments on the cover: it could've been Tropico, it could've been Ride, but ultimately, this supremely weird Latina Lizzy pic assaulted my senses most. I didn't really intend on dedicating as much time to it as I did, and it's still messy, but enjoy :flutter:

My inspiration was defo early record bootlegs, both in appearance (DIY stuff like Bob Dylan's Great White Wonder), and content (Elvis' Greatest Shit!!), but I'm pleasantly surprised by how the look of it is very (inadvertently) QFTC :typewriter:

Also, a couple drafts/alternates I ended up liking:

Spoiler

tWt7hOx.jpg

RW0IWwM.jpg

o4qjp4j.png

You are a genius

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I've had a fabulous, all-inclusive Lizzy Grant boxset rattling around in my head for years now, but I've never tried to actualize it... until now! This is the most simple piece of it: a slipcase/outer wrap for the box, which I made first bc it's one of the easier ideas I had :toofunny: So, here's a first glimpse at TRASH MAGIC: THE LIZZY GRANT COLLECTION 2006-2010:

Spoiler

meRjOxv.png

Ideally, the letters would be die-cut and the textures underneath would be actual photos that would be revealed when the slipcase is pulled off, but I can't figure out a way for that to spatially work :crai: But, for now, enjoy this prototype cat2

o4qjp4j.png

8 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

I've had a fabulous, all-inclusive Lizzy Grant boxset rattling around in my head for years now, but I've never tried to actualize it... until now! This is the most simple piece of it: a slipcase/outer wrap for the box, which I made first bc it's one of the easier ideas I had :toofunny: So, here's a first glimpse at TRASH MAGIC: THE LIZZY GRANT COLLECTION 2006-2010:

Hide contents

meRjOxv.png

Ideally, the letters would be die-cut and the textures underneath would be actual photos that would be revealed when the slipcase is pulled off, but I can't figure out a way for that to spatially work :crai: But, for now, enjoy this prototype cat2

the way i can individually recognize some of these patterns :wowcry:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!