PARADIXO

Lana Del Rey's Impact

Not saying that cinematic-style pop didnt exist before Lana, but she was DEFINITELY the main influence for every young adult solo musician, especially females, since 2012, lets not deny that. 

I think Lana inspired all these younger musicians to try out things like synthetic background strings, various signature background noises, eerie dreamy vocals and all that. 

Also, im not saying ALL (besides two in particular  :oopna: ) are just lana wannabes. Some actually manage to bring something special to alternative pop, like Mars Argo, Aurora and Billie Eilish. I wouldnt say im a fan of these artists but I do think they are more original  than others who are influence by lana. 

I remember i discovered one of my favourite singers here in Lanaboards,Hannah Cohen, thanks to someone pointing out how she sounded a lot like Lana's way of singing + her music is very moody and slow:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Lanaland is a name I think for an alternate universe created by Lana and the fans, like Dollywood the amusement park by Dolly Parton. The audience completes the artwork. Staring at a Rembrandt, putting yourself in a different scene, completes the painting made centuries earlier!

Rembrandt+-+Landscape+with+a+Stone+Bridg

Lana is considered top tier pop musician, with awards won, six Grammy noms, and 30 million albums sold.

Lana's poetry, or lyrics, show up in mainstream lexicon. Lana invented "here for it" from Change, an obscure track, for example. "Here for it" was NOT a common phrase before Lana wrote it in a song, then the fans likely repeated it. Now, you hear, "here for it" everywhere! Change was released July 2017.

Lana-Changew.jpg

March 2018 Xscape released an EP titled, Here for It.

Xscape-Here-For-It-Single.jpg

Lily Rose released a single May 2019 named, Here for It.

d90442dcb8d5f6781d5390247ff4543a-1000x10

Here for It: Or, How to Save Your Soul in America; Essays by R. Eric Thomas was released February 2020.

img_34a20111-9eb3-474a-8acd-067bb790391e

This will be the thread I keep posting! If it's okay. I have to express myself. The expression Here for it initiated from Change, a song on a 2017 album of Lana Del Rey that wasn't even a single! But appears on one of her most popular albums, Lust for Life. That is the one that debuted at No 1 on the Billboard 200. It is a humble song. It isn't one of the four singles which got released: Love, Lust for Life, and hip hop-inspired Summer Bummer and Groupie Love. It is like a thought-piece song. But that phrase, "here for it," is everywhere.

October 30th, 2018

Lana and Jack at the Brooklyn Academy of Music Apple Event

65a0fff4b33acfa865c8b874f37cb565.jpg

Taylor Swift at the BBC Live Lounge September 2nd, 2019 in an acoustic set with a live cam backdrop of the Brooklyn Bridge!

Tay-Live-Lounge2.jpg

This enjoyable acoustic set on youtube.

25 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I live for the Lanaboards Louise ARG Ngl

Thanx - so sweet! Me, too. I live for Lanaboards!

Final one.

Lana Del Rey at the Hollywood Bowl October 10th, 2019, with Zella Day and Natalie Mereng.

maxresdefault.jpg

Camila Cabello's Romance album cover, released December 6th, 2019

camila-cabello-romance.jpg

I’d say she’s had a big influence on modern music-you know you’re big when you get “clones”- lorde, Halsey, Melanie etc 

not saying they’re literal clones but it’s the same vein of similar artists to people like Britney=Christina,Jessica Nirvana=silverchair, nickleback 

she is basically what pop music wants to be

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

she is basically what pop music wants to be

I still don’t see her as pop- her melodies and tempos lack a classic pop essence- granted she has inspired a great amount of pop singers but she’s also inspired RNB and reggae artists aswell as alternative rock ones.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

I still don’t see her as pop- her melodies and tempos lack a classic pop essence- granted she has inspired a great amount of pop singers but she’s also inspired RNB and reggae artists aswell as alternative rock ones.

of course she is not pop, i'd say she's the (only) one artist right now who's succesfully standing in the lines between pop / alt in our time, she's kinda hop into one or another whenever she feels like it. 

And she is not pop because she is what pop music WANTS to be right now.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

37 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

of course she is not pop, i'd say she's the (only) one artist right now who's succesfully standing in the lines between pop / alt in our time, she's kinda hop into one or another whenever she feels like it. 

And she is not pop because she is what pop music WANTS to be right now.

Hm I don’t know- I think pop is going to have a big shift soon and I don’t think the likes of when Selena and Taylor or even lorde were imitating her sound over radio in a poppier way is still apparent- 

I think drum and bass and a lot of underground dance movements like trip hop(less so the Lana kind) will make a fashion.

she’s moreso coming up to be a legacy legend artist now which is impressive considering Lana has only been around since 2012.

Lana Del Rey Pretty When You Cry - released June 13th, 2014; LA to the Moon Toured starting January 2018

maxresdefault.jpg

Carrie Underwood Cry Pretty single April 2018; album Cry Pretty September 2018

1200x1189.jpg