PARADIXO

Lana Del Rey @ Lollapalooza 25th Anniversary

lana_del_rey_lollapalooza_2013_galore_ma

Her most important show since Glasto '14: Lana Del Rey, J Cole, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem and Red Hot Chili Peppers will be headlining the 25th anniversary of the legendary Lollapalooza.

July 28

Chicago, IL, United States

Grand Park

Bud Light Stage

LOL16_HomepageLogo.png

Lana is the second female solo act to ever headline the festival in its American edition.

She was going to be the main performer at Lolla Colombia but it got canceled. However, it seems like Lana won't give up on a South American leg and is heading to Brazil, Argentina and Chile.

Do you think LDR is aware of the importance of this event? Is she ready for this?

I'll be there & I couldn't be more excited! Is anyone else going too?

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

lol it's just a festival.

Uh, no, my friend. Lollapalooza literally made entire careers and Lana will be there to represent 25 years of music history. Also, she will be hugely exposed to non-fans, those who claim she can't sing based on her old SNL fail and think of a generic remix whenever they hear her name. This is rather an opportunity than "just a festival".

Uh, no, my friend. Lollapalooza literally made entire careers and Lana will be there to represent 25 years of music history. Also, she will be hugely exposed to non-fans, those who claim she can't sing based on her old SNL fail and think of a generic remix whenever they hear her name. This is rather an opportunity than "just a festival".

I still think it's just a festival..

giphy.gif

i agree. it is very important. bob dylan's newport folk festival appearance in '65 is one of the most memorable moments in rock'n'roll history. but it's because he did something memorable and the crowd reacted like never before.

i hope lana doesn't disappoint and slays everyone  :ohno: also, people who don't follow her don't know about the backup dancers. i'm curious about their response

utwU6cX.gif

I'm ready for this bitch!

Lanapalooza 2016!!!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Even if I'm greatly disappointed in her live performances I wish her the best and I hope that she will perform, exceptionally, well at Lola. I think that people moved on in the US regarding LDR and she will not be as scrutinized as she was before. But this time around she needs to stand out (in a positive way hopefully) to rekindle the buzz around her because so far nobody really cared about her festival tour. She's unpredictable, so she might come out with some new things, which I highly doubt, but if things will be as they were in Europe her show will be probably evaluated by the media as boring (or as appealing only to her dedicated fans) and people will move on. And that will make the forthcoming LDR5 a tough sell. 

But if I want to be more realistic about it I have to say that she would be in a better position further down in the lineup because she's in no way headline material for Lola. A more intimate set with an audience comprised mostly of her fans, that would be something optimal for her. Lola will not resemble to Greece, France or Russia where were many Lana fans in the public. Here I think that max. 10% of the audience will be Lana fans and the rest will have to sit through her mumbled, slow set while she's strolling around the stage like she were at some pageant. Her voice is weak for a main festival stage and she's still barely controlling it and she's not  interacting with the audience (besides the first line of fans). So I don't expect that her show will have a great reception at Lola, at best it will be similar to her Govball or Glastonbury set.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Even if I'm greatly disappointed in her live performances I wish her the best and I hope that she will perform, exceptionally, well at Lola. I think that people moved on in the US regarding LDR and she will not be as scrutinized as she was before. But this time around she needs to stand out (in a positive way hopefully) to rekindle the buzz around her because so far nobody really cared about her festival tour. She's unpredictable, so she might come out with some new things, which I highly doubt, but if things will be as they were in Europe her show will be probably evaluated by the media as boring (or as appealing only to her dedicated fans) and people will move on. And that will make the forthcoming LDR5 a tough sell. 

But if I want to be more realistic about it I have to say that she would be in a better position further down in the lineup because she's in no way headline material for Lola. A more intimate set with an audience comprised mostly of her fans, that would be something optimal for her. Lola will not resemble to Greece, France or Russia where were many Lana fans in the public. Here I think that max. 10% of the audience will be Lana fans and the rest will have to sit through her mumbled, slow set while she's strolling around the stage like she were at some pageant. Her voice is weak for a main festival stage and she's still barely controlling it and she's not  interacting with the audience (besides the first line of fans). So I don't expect that her show will have a great reception at Lola, at best it will be similar to her Govball or Glastonbury set.

She has performed as a headliner at Coachella in 2014 and was praised as one of the best performances and the crowds reaction was highly positive. You truly have no point. 

Guys, do you think this show will be live-streamed? I really need a good HD recording of Lana Del Rey doing that setlist she's been doing lately... + her voice seems to be in a great shape.

Most shows are, so I'm positive we will finally and HD recording

--------------------------------------------------

Lana is done with half of her festivals in schedule, so I really hope she announces something or does something special now

I would replace Serial Killer with MTWBT. The latter would work so well before OTTR. Sonically it would make more sense than Video Games and then OTTR.

Skip Cola ffs and replace it with West Coast.

And Carmen needs to finally die. 

In my head, she has the perfect opportunity to perform Florida Kilos with the background dancers. Even Salvatore or Shades Of Cool. She could totally mix her setlist with something more upbeat and dramatic at the same time.

Her show in Athens was probably her best one. She never sounded better. And the girls on stage give her some needed kick.

Hire me Lana and let me write your setlist, bby!