sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

2 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I wonder why she posted a lot of her AKA days and if it gets re-released soon.

She's using her AKA days material to tease the album instead of filming a new teaser :xgiggle:

7 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I wonder why she posted a lot of her AKA days and if it gets re-released soon.

Hopefully after this album she rerelease aka as a memorial and for better understanding of this new album!

she can do an special edition of aka, like the paradise boxset with photos and a cd with her old videos

original.gif

8 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Hopefully after this album she rerelease aka as a memorial and for better understanding of this new album!

she can do an special edition of aka, like the paradise boxset with photos and a cd with her old videos

like imagine! Now will be a perfect time because a lot of the songs are going viral on tiktok, so it will have streams on platforms FAC5030-A-FF33-47-AF-A9-EB-9-D4463-DEA95

8-E457-F91-C6-A3-4-C06-839-C-7159-CD3072
43-FEEB41-1-DDC-495-B-B277-6-D93911-F2-A

it even matches the colors of COCC

original.gif

11 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Lana is too lazy for that, she’d have to re-record all the songs.  She failed spectacularly at american classics then ignored she even announced it. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Lana is too lazy for that, she’d have to re-record all the songs.  She failed spectacularly at american classics then ignored she even announced it. 

Always on team delulu, we got pawn shop blues video so at this point idK:crai:

original.gif

I don’t think AKA will be rereleased. She mentioned doing that after BTD... but she re-recorded Yayo for Paradise. With the video for Pawn Shop Blues, she might have considered an unreleased collection at some point, with some songs from AKA. Although some songs are excellent on AKA, I find others a bit meh. My only hope for Aka songs would be on a « best-of » compilation rather than a rerelease. 
as I said last week, I’d love a special vinyl like the heart-shaped one from UO with Love and Lust for Life, but this time, with White Dress and Pawn Shop Blues (it really is one of finest writing on AKA).

Relistening to Mertens' demos for AKA, it's honestly pretty crazy how much of his material Kahne ran with production-wise for the final album -- some tracks, like Brite Lites and Mermaid Motel got TOTALLY reworked, but tracks like The Ocean and Queen are so close to the final. It's still pretty hard to believe that The Ocean is Mertens' work because of that, but :flop:

Also, oh my god, when am I ever going to fix the OP for this thread :toofunny:

o4qjp4j.png

4 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Relistening to Mertens' demos for AKA, it's honestly pretty crazy how much of his material Kahne ran with production-wise for the final album -- some tracks, like Brite Lites and Mermaid Motel got TOTALLY reworked, but tracks like The Ocean and Queen are so close to the final. It's still pretty hard to believe that The Ocean is Mertens' work because of that, but :flop:

Also, oh my god, when am I ever going to fix the OP for this thread :toofunny:

i was surprised when i found out that the ocean & queen weren't produced by david kahne because they're so similar to the final

i wonder if there's a david kahne version of qotgs with the new mexico line in it, it's honestly a shame that it's not in the album version because it's so catchy 

WGe8ynS.gif

33 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i was surprised when i found out that the ocean & queen weren't produced by david kahne because they're so similar to the final

i wonder if there's a david kahne version of qotgs with the new mexico line in it, it's honestly a shame that it's not in the album version because it's so catchy 

Right!!! I was so sure Kahne did them, but nope, looks like he just borrowed a lot from Mertens -- it's like he either completely scrapped Mertens' ideas (Mermaid Motel, Brite Lites) or totally built off of them (The Ocean, QOTGS). Still hoping there's more AKA tracks that Mertens tried out in studio sessions :excited:

And omg yes the New Mexico section makes the song a million times better for me -- QOTGS is my least fave on AKA, but the acoustic and Mertens demos I can vibe with so much more :hair:

o4qjp4j.png

10 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Right!!! I was so sure Kahne did them, but nope, looks like he just borrowed a lot from Mertens -- it's like he either completely scrapped Mertens' ideas (Mermaid Motel, Brite Lites) or totally built off of them (The Ocean, QOTGS). Still hoping there's more AKA tracks that Mertens tried out in studio sessions :excited:

And omg yes the New Mexico section makes the song a million times better for me -- QOTGS is my least fave on AKA, but the acoustic and Mertens demos I can vibe with so much more :hair:

i'm wondering if there's still stuff from no kung fu that we don't have yet, it's interesting that the mermaid motel demo, which is a part of the mixtape, in 2017, when the rest of the mixtape was leaked in 2012, maybe there's stuff we already have that is actually a part of no kung fu that we're just not aware of... imagine if he did his own version of coconut & key lime pie, ben, high, bentley (which may be reflec) etc. :excited: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Yesterday I re-listened to AKA (I'm listening to one album each day in order to prepare for Chemtrails) and wow.... I forgot it was THAT good :defeated: now I'm angry at myself that I barely listened to it in all of these years, I might even rank it above BTD. I really hope we'll get a similiar album one day, (hopefully after Chemtrails) maybe with more guitar and bass :flutter:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

On 3/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, venicebitx said:

like imagine! Now will be a perfect time because a lot of the songs are going viral on tiktok, so it will have streams on platforms FAC5030-A-FF33-47-AF-A9-EB-9-D4463-DEA95

8-E457-F91-C6-A3-4-C06-839-C-7159-CD3072
43-FEEB41-1-DDC-495-B-B277-6-D93911-F2-A

it even matches the colors of COCC

I’m not gonna lie, seeing her with no lips on an album cover is bothering me.

THE OP IS FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hype:

I decided to completely overhaul it -- I've done a write-up of AKA's history, included info on demos/outtakes, and inserted helpful links. A videos section is on the way :yesnod:

I put quite a bit of time and work into this, so please check it out, and let me know if anything is missing/incorrect! Talking about AKA is one of my passions, so thanks y'all, for indulging me :heart:

o4qjp4j.png

2 hours ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

THE OP IS FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hype:

I decided to completely overhaul it -- I've done a write-up of AKA's history, included info on demos/outtakes, and inserted helpful links. A videos section is on the way :yesnod:

I put quite a bit of time and work into this, so please check it out, and let me know if anything is missing/incorrect! Talking about AKA is one of my passions, so thanks y'all, for indulging me :heart:

wow! i love it! i'm really excited about the video section :hype: 

WGe8ynS.gif