sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

wow! i love it! i'm really excited about the video section :hype: 

Thank you!!!!!!!!! The video section is up now -- I opted to just link to the Early Shows section for live videos because why reinvent the wheel after @evilentity catalogued them all really well, but the interviews, music vids, and fan videos are all here! 

If anyone can think of anything you'd like to see in the OP, lemme know! (@electra, are you planning on including a section for AKA-era collectibles on your site? If not, I might make one here, and mention the CDs + Keds + Blurt magazine and talk a lil about the vinyl bootlegs)

o4qjp4j.png

2 hours ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

THE OP IS FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hype:

I decided to completely overhaul it -- I've done a write-up of AKA's history, included info on demos/outtakes, and inserted helpful links. A videos section is on the way :yesnod:

I put quite a bit of time and work into this, so please check it out, and let me know if anything is missing/incorrect! Talking about AKA is one of my passions, so thanks y'all, for indulging me :heart:

This is really cool! Thank you so much! :hype:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

the fan-made album trailer for aka is the best thing ever :wub: 

it's probably my fave LDR fan creation ever :flutter: 

missing the king @Lana De Los Reyes -- i mentioned offhandedly that an AKA trailer would've been so cool, and he came out with THAT masterpiece :air::crying2: every single frame is so incredible and there's so many lil easter eggs and nods omg... plus THAT SOUND EDIT

o4qjp4j.png

6 hours ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

If anyone can think of anything you'd like to see in the OP, lemme know! (@electra, are you planning on including a section for AKA-era collectibles on your site? If not, I might make one here, and mention the CDs + Keds + Blurt magazine and talk a lil about the vinyl bootlegs)

i will! i can slide you some of the deets for the OP if you want? i recently raided the keds website for some info but there wasn’t a lot which is a shame

11 hours ago, electra said:

i will! i can slide you some of the deets for the OP if you want? i recently raided the keds website for some info but there wasn’t a lot which is a shame

sounds amazing! I can swap the info out for a link to your site when it’s done tho :hooker: 

o4qjp4j.png

i was listening to this album yesterday and it was a beautiful experience, i love this album and it's very special, there isn't anything quite like it, i totally agree that this album is like a kaleidoscope, every track is unique and they all serve a purpose, and although some tracks are similar in their song/style, they're all different, they all fit together perfectly, it's hard to pick a favorite when they all have something great about them, every track on this album has a specific feel & vibe, they are full of life & they're all multi-fauceted, they have depth and the album is just oozing in nostalgia, something i love about this album is the contrast between yayo and the rest of the album, the album is very colorful, bright, vibrant, and filled with life, and yayo is very subdued in it's sound and production, it's definitely the most "melancholic" sounding track of this album, it's confessional, vulnerable, hopeful, and hopeless, you can feel the pain and the vulnerability in her voice and in the production yet there's a sense of hope in this track, it's a very deep song in that way, when you listen to this track you can just tell it's something very special and very personal, and although i feel like it's different from the quirky, colorful album itself, it fits very well, amidst all of the liveliness and color, this track shows a different side of lizzy, it's lizzy at her most vulnerable, hopeful, and heartfelt, it's the perfect closing track and this is the perfect album 

I Just Have A Lot Of Feelings GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

WGe8ynS.gif

On 3/13/2021 at 6:49 PM, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

THE OP IS FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hype:

I decided to completely overhaul it -- I've done a write-up of AKA's history, included info on demos/outtakes, and inserted helpful links. A videos section is on the way :yesnod:

I put quite a bit of time and work into this, so please check it out, and let me know if anything is missing/incorrect! Talking about AKA is one of my passions, so thanks y'all, for indulging me :heart:

The first interview video is deleted off YouTube. ?

Thank you for this thread :kiss:

On 6/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, Surf Noir said:

i was listening to this album yesterday and it was a beautiful experience, i love this album and it's very special, there isn't anything quite like it, i totally agree that this album is like a kaleidoscope, every track is unique and they all serve a purpose, and although some tracks are similar in their song/style, they're all different, they all fit together perfectly, it's hard to pick a favorite when they all have something great about them, every track on this album has a specific feel & vibe, they are full of life & they're all multi-fauceted, they have depth and the album is just oozing in nostalgia, something i love about this album is the contrast between yayo and the rest of the album, the album is very colorful, bright, vibrant, and filled with life, and yayo is very subdued in it's sound and production, it's definitely the most "melancholic" sounding track of this album, it's confessional, vulnerable, hopeful, and hopeless, you can feel the pain and the vulnerability in her voice and in the production yet there's a sense of hope in this track, it's a very deep song in that way, when you listen to this track you can just tell it's something very special and very personal, and although i feel like it's different from the quirky, colorful album itself, it fits very well, amidst all of the liveliness and color, this track shows a different side of lizzy, it's lizzy at her most vulnerable, hopeful, and heartfelt, it's the perfect closing track and this is the perfect album 

I Just Have A Lot Of Feelings GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I played this album while I was out on a walk at 2 am on August 2 and it truly was a haunting experience to have that album be your soundtrack for a nighttine stroll. This album and the Phenomena of Lizzy Grant mixtape. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:55 AM, venicebitx said:

like imagine! Now will be a perfect time because a lot of the songs are going viral on tiktok, so it will have streams on platforms FAC5030-A-FF33-47-AF-A9-EB-9-D4463-DEA95

8-E457-F91-C6-A3-4-C06-839-C-7159-CD3072
43-FEEB41-1-DDC-495-B-B277-6-D93911-F2-A

it even matches the colors of COCC

PLEASE ARE THEY SELLING COPIES :trisha:

I realized i never did my rank for this album so here it is now x

Key

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

Songs I want erased from existence tier

1. Kill Kill
  2. Queen of the Gas Station
  3. Gramma
  4. Pawn Shop Blues
  5. Put Me in a Movie
  6. Mermaid Motel
  7. Oh Say Can You See
  8. Raise Me Up
  9. Brite Lites
  10. For K, Part 2
  11. Jump
  12. Yayo
  13. Smarty

so i just listened to this album for the first time for my one day one lana album until blue banisters week and this honestly is better than a lot of official LDR projects. i love the rock influenced upbeat and a lot of times experimental production. it creates such a cool universe for the album. i love her voice in this, it's much rawer and real than the sometimes weird vocal moments in born to die. i would rank it above BTD, LFL and mayybe ultraviolence. anyways here's my ranking:

1. For K, Pt. 2
2. Jump
3. Smarty
4. Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
5. Pawn Shop Blues
6. Yayo
7. Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
8. Brite Lites
9. Put Me In a Movie
10. Mermaid Motel
11. Queen of the Gas Station
12. Kill Kill
13. Oh Say Can You See

i did this as i was listening to it but honestly i don't think there are bad songs in this. i'm very pleasantly shook.

Here's my AKA ranking, just listened to it in full today and fell in love all over again:

1. For K Pt. 2

2. Mermaid Motel

3. Yayo

4. Raise Me Up 

5. Kill Kill

6. Oh Say Can You See 

7. Pawn Shop Blues

8. Put Me In a Movie

9. Jump

10. Queen of the Gas Station

11. Gramma

12. Smarty