sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

Just now, Whoopiedoo said:

Do we know the status of this album? Is it attached to a label? Does Lana own the master?

i think lana owns the rights to it

but it's technically "unreleased" like sirens

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Well Sirens has never been released, only sent to people by Lana for prospection.

In the other end Lana Del Ray has been released digitally and stayed there for 3 months before being removed. Technically it's definitely not unreleased, just not available anymore. 

David Khane said she bought the rights. It led to Yayo being available for Paradise. 

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

I forget her exact quote, but she said something after BTD that she wanted to re-release/re-record it. And we would up with Yayo on Paradise. But all of this was only possible because of her buying back the master?

1 minute ago, Whoopiedoo said:

I forget her exact quote, but she said something after BTD that she wanted to re-release/re-record it. And we would up with Yayo on Paradise. But all of this was only possible because of her buying back the master?

i guess we can't say for sure, but i wouldn't be surprised if she did purchase the rights to the album

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

This record still feels better than most things she's pulling out these days...

agreed . This record’s weaknesses are its strengths . it feels so authentic in every way possible , it might not have the stellar production most of her songs do nowadays but it just adds to the vibe 

RVhKIwP.gif

Since there's been a lot of discussion about an AKA re-release lately, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want it to re-release. However, I'd love to know more about the process of making the album. I don't know if it's something Lana would ever discuss. But I do know that lately she's been more open to talking about her past than usual. I just think that a little interview with her and David for one of the anniversaries of the album would be nice just to hear what they have to say on it. It's such a strong body of work for a debut and it'd be super interesting to hear from Lana now what it was like so many years later. 

imageproxy.jpg

I need Lemonade Motorcycle Heaven in full :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 7/27/2016 at 10:56 PM, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Rehab (Mix 1/2/3) - Produced by Paolo de Gregorio, this 3:36 demo was recorded on January 25, 2007. Two marginally different early mixes exist, with the various mixes appearing on Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena’s ReverbNation account (under the title “for k part 2”), and on the self-compiled mixtape The Phenomena of Lizzy Grant, on which two separate mixes are present, stylized as “Rahab” and “Rahab II”.

I’ve actually been thinking about this record a lot lately. It’s quite stunning and really lends itself to the glamour of New York and New Jersey, wandering around at night in the neon lights. I can’t believe she wrote this record between the ages of 21 and 22. It is amazing how much star power it has, and how she’s always had this gift of writing — art flows through her like a true force. I actually think this album is her most arthouse-y and is just so evocative of everything she cited as influences at the time, she truly nailed it. 

I love it, it truly does sound like a black-and-white movie, a sad party, and it does sound famous. :heart:

On 7/27/2016 at 10:56 PM, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Kahne:

• Axl Rose Husband (studio version)
  • Ben (studio version)
  • Bounce
  • Coconut and Key Lime Pie
  • High
  • Jimmy Gnecco (studio version)
  • Lemonade Motorcycle Heaven
  • Me & My Boyfriend (studio version)
  • Slow Gin Fizz (unleaked version)
  • Reflec
  • White Pontiac Heaven (studio version)

Of these titles, only Kahne’s version of C-Note (aka Hundred Dollar Bill) has leaked, although some of these titles exist and circulate in other versions. It’s worth noting that at least some of the above Kahne tracks were recorded after AKA sessions had wrapped in 2007, so were likely never considered for the album, but are still significant in their proximity to the album’s recording.

we need these :trisha:

On 10/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, saith said:

David Khane said she bought the rights. It led to Yayo being available for Paradise. 

regardless of that first part, she still couldve re recorded it without owning the original song. look at JoJo in 2018 and Taylor now.

I’ll never forget how much I absolutely hated this album, but then one day in 2017 I was picking up my (now ex) bf and he lived about an hour away from me and I put this album on randomly and fell absolutely in love..

I know a lot of fans don’t like the album, but to me it feels so Lana. There’s an interview she did during the time of making the record and she said she wanted it to feel nostalgic and she succeeded perfectly 

"Don’t forget me"