sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

i’m so sick of these coquette tiktok lolita faceswap lana stans thinking their aka cd they bought off discogs for a stupid price that steals work from graphic designers is real. like it actually frustrates me.

you open the comments and people say things like ‘there were only a few copies made, and they were given out at gigs.’ that’s literally not true. you really believe one of those copies found it’s way to some foreign country and over a decade later that person decided to sell it? like oh my god it’s so annoying and so clearly fake and sorry for the rant but these people ANNOY me so much. the new wave of fans that listen to her pitched unreleased, romanticise all this unhealthy shit, rip off Lizzy Grant’s persona and post those horrid faceswaps of 2008-2011 lana are a literal disease :eartha2:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8vejVTA/

this isn’t an attack on this tiktokker im sure she’s nice and she might not suit the criteria i described above about the coquette subculture i haven’t checked her page

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I always listened to it in bad quality but finally I downloaded it in better quality & I'm enjoying A.K.A so much more now:xcry:

I can't believe it took me almost 6 years:bebe::trisha: 

Oh Say Can You See, Pawnshop Blues & Yayo are my favourites by far,  so beautiful :wowcry:

I'm quite obsessed with the majority of the album recently & Gramma hits different recently :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

37 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I always listened to it in bad quality but finally I downloaded it in better quality & I'm enjoying A.K.A so much more now:xcry:

I can't believe it took me almost 6 years:bebe::trisha: 

Oh Say Can You See, Pawnshop Blues & Yayo are my favourites by far,  so beautiful :wowcry:

I'm quite obsessed with the majority of the album recently & Gramma hits different recently :trisha:

oh say can you see, pawn shop blues, & yayo... folk magnum opuses... taste! :wowcry: :hype: 

WGe8ynS.gif

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

oh say can you see, pawn shop blues, & yayo... folk magnum opuses... taste! :wowcry: :hype: 

Truly career highlights:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

This song gives me such a gut-wrenching dread  feeling but I love it. I can’t help but to cry every time it comes on, especially the acoustic demo. How does she do it? :trisha:

the guitar chords are so depressing and i can't explain why

i made my friend make me a version of Put Me In a Movie with the “feels like sugar in me” lines from the early Little Girls version. that bridge is soooo good and i wish she kept it in the final, honestly my fave part of the song :oprah:

signature.gif

"Feels like sugar in me..."

On 12/11/2021 at 8:29 AM, Cherry Blossom said:

i’m so sick of these coquette tiktok lolita faceswap lana stans thinking their aka cd they bought off discogs for a stupid price that steals work from graphic designers is real. like it actually frustrates me.

you open the comments and people say things like ‘there were only a few copies made, and they were given out at gigs.’ that’s literally not true. you really believe one of those copies found it’s way to some foreign country and over a decade later that person decided to sell it? like oh my god it’s so annoying and so clearly fake and sorry for the rant but these people ANNOY me so much. the new wave of fans that listen to her pitched unreleased, romanticise all this unhealthy shit, rip off Lizzy Grant’s persona and post those horrid faceswaps of 2008-2011 lana are a literal disease :eartha2:

this isn’t an attack on this tiktokker im sure she’s nice and she might not suit the criteria i described above about the coquette subculture i haven’t checked her page

i had to make an account using my twitter just to yell at them in the comments :eartha2:

put me in a movie is literally one of her best songs and i’m tired of local stans laughing at me when i say it’s one of my favourites because they think it’s problematic or something :bebe:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

put me in a movie is literally one of her best songs and i’m tired of local stans laughing at me when i say it’s one of my favourites because they think it’s problematic or something :bebe:

they just don't realize that songs can be about heavy subject matters & that doesn't mean the song is condoning or promoting it :bebe: i think put me in a movie is a really heartbreaking song, it's beautiful, but still heartbreaking

WGe8ynS.gif

Put Me in a Movie is an eerie depressing dark bop

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

On 12/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, Cherry Blossom said:

was this not most of us between 2012 and 2015 tho :rip:

rihKQ8M.gif

This album is gonna be 12 years old in four days :wat: I still remember the 9 year anniversary being the catalyst for really getting me into the album

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

This album is gonna be 12 years old in four days :wat:

(in my opinion it turns 14 bc i consider it a 2008 album :shh2:)

it's so weird to think about what it would've been like as a fan & these songs were only 4 years old... now they're between 16-14 depending on when they were first written :kum: 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i consider it a 2009 album :hoe:

it even says on the lana wiki that the original release date was february 14, 2009 (it was postponed though for unknown reasons)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's so weird to think about what it would've been like as a fan & these songs were only 4 years old... now they're between 16-14 depending on when they were first written :kum: 

Yayo is gonna be 16 years old in 2022 :xcry: She's gonna be old enough to get her driver's license. Every song on the album has aged really well (sonically) for me, I feel like the production could be done the exact same way today and still be just as fantastic, if not better

imageproxy.jpg