PlaceboHoliday

Lana @ The Ohana Fest // August 28th

Yes she aged a bit but I think this kind of period was her low point in terms of looks, she looks amazing and really happy there :) I think becoming a mother really did something :') Sorry this is out of topic but I love this interview so much btw

I know she been through hell and back with her mental illness. I know she use to smoke many packs of cigarettes a day. I think that aged her rapidly. She's in a better place now thank god. I miss her dark hair and bangs though. That's how I always remembered her :)

@annedauphine With Eddie!!

EEmlAEse1zw.jpg

I think the mentions are broken because I wasn't notified but I'm dying. Every pic w Chan got me rolling Chan noticed me for the 4th time yesterday WHEN will Lana

I know she been through hell and back with her mental illness. I know she use to smoke many packs of cigarettes a day. I think that aged her rapidly. She's in a better place now thank god. I miss her dark hair and bangs though. That's how I always remembered her :)

The cigs, the alcoholism, the drugs, and the mental illness, that's a lot for one woman, I'm glad she's even still alive. Dark hair and bangs look will never be topped, it was the quintessence of her beauty

Edit: there's this one too I'm so fucking happy :xcry:

aMZtWSPdRgE.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

I was there, she was awesome. She seemed way more lively on stage and sounded so good, but she did roll her eyes quite a few times, look bored, and messed up lyrics but that was fine. The difference in confidence and enjoyment from seeing her in Atlanta in 2014 versus last night was amazing. She really does need to mix up the setlist, but I'm glad we at least got Freak and not Summertime Sadness or Carmen. I was very happy to finally hear Yayo live because that is my favorite song from her but why in the world she didn't do West Coast is beyond me. The crowd chanted for Salvatore after she did Freak but she ignored us. The crowd was actually really good for a Lana show, they weren't screaming and singing super loud. It was nice on the beach but honestly the way the place was shaped you couldn't really tell how close you were to the ocean - I couldn't see it at any point in time.

I know this is blasphemy on here but I actively disliked Cat's performance. :(

I was the happiest guy in the audience when Cat went on. I've been a fan of hers for awhile so it was an awesome moment for me. Btw, you had to walk up the bleachers to see the beach. I wish we had access to it.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

ok but i have to say that the ottr choreo is so ridiculous haha they look so funny when they're "off to the races".

Does anyone know who that actress is @1:51 in the background video? I loved that scene

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

annedauphine, on 31 Aug 2016 - 4:26 PM, said:

I think the mentions are broken because I wasn't notified but I'm dying. Every pic w Chan got me rolling Chan noticed me for the 4th time yesterday WHEN will Lana

The cigs, the alcoholism, the drugs, and the mental illness, that's a lot for one woman, I'm glad she's even still alive. Dark hair and bangs look will never be topped, it was the quintessence of her beauty

Edit: there's this one too I'm so fucking happy :xcry:

aMZtWSPdRgE.jpg

Lana looks like such an awestruck fan! Bless her!!

Chan has somewhat of her bangs back. At least her hair is no longer super short and bleached. She looks better with long dark hair. :)

LAman, on 31 Aug 2016 - 5:12 PM, said:

Does anyone know who that actress is @1:51 in the background video? I loved that scene

I don't know who that is. Could it be Rita Moreno? Liz Taylor? Natalie Wood? It's not easy to see the actress' face but I think that scene is perfect for the lines in the song.

@@FredRed  Paul Simon on his new album has a song "Wristband" which is about being locked out of a arena he was singing at when he went out for a smoke (proverbially) and couldn't get back in.

and last year Paul McCartney wasn't recognized by a security guard either

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp