Cashew

Poppy

On 1/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, Danny Milk said:

New Song! 

RIP this song with sick production being on Spotify 😔 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I never clicked with anything THAT POPPY, although I did listed to Altar and American Kids several times.

It was actually Computer Boy and Interweb that got me on Poppy.Computer :defeated: that was the moment I was like "oh damn, im a fan". I would have kept listening regardless, but her genre change really made her rocket up to my top artists. 

I Disagree Poppy > Flux Poppy > Robot Poppy > Indie The Altar Poppy

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

The “robot Poppy” era became so boring and worn out after a while, I fully lost interest during that era. Titanic’s pretentiousness def played a part in that. I’m so glad that since I Disagree she started making music that doesn’t directly connect to the character (I did like Am I A Girl tho). She’s still doing vids in character but they seem more interesting to me than those same “pop culture & society bad” vids she was doing for years.  

qfrWuBl.png

5 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

The “robot Poppy” era became so boring and worn out after a while, I fully lost interest during that era. Titanic’s pretentiousness def played a part in that. I’m so glad that since I Disagree she started making music that doesn’t directly connect to the character (I did like Am I A Girl tho). She’s still doing vids in character but they seem more interesting to me than those same “pop culture & society bad” vids she was doing for years.  

You're right. 

whenever i think about poppy, i think about her husband ghostemane and how a snippet of a song leaked with him saying the n slur yet nobody cared enough to hold him accountable because nobody knows him 😭 

16 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

whenever i think about poppy, i think about her husband ghostemane and how a snippet of a song leaked with him saying the n slur yet nobody cared enough to hold him accountable because nobody knows him 😭 

I also think about how Poppy was rumoured to be doing backing vocals on that racist song when the snippet surfaced :rip: it wouldn't surprise me if true since they were working together on music a lot since they met back in 2019

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

14 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

They are no longer together since a few months ago. 

Thank God they didn't get to marry 

Newbury comics was selling a Flux pressing earlier that was "signed", I saw the announcement and got excited....but of course it ended up being a separate signed CD booklet. (The announcement just stated signed, but when you refreshed the page on the drop, it specified that it was a booklet). Assuming she had a stack of those at the ready and didn't want to package records if she actually had to sign jackets instead :awk:.....typical

Edit: I did purchase it anyways because I didn't have any signed items, and haven't listened to Flux in full and this was my chance lmao

Since we all agree (for the most part) about Kim & luke

Here's facts about poppy y'all should know

https://fotpforums.com/topic/189071-poppy-fear-of-dying-may-26th-2021/?do=findComment&comment=1063163473

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Since we all agree (for the most part) about Kim & luke

Here's facts about poppy y'all should know

https://fotpforums.com/topic/189071-poppy-fear-of-dying-may-26th-2021/?do=findComment&comment=1063163473

...interesting :awkney2:

i do think poppy is definitely on an upswing to becoming a better person but this is definitely enough for me to at least keep my distance

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif