Cashew

Poppy

Her best work was definitely I disagree in my opinion.

Bubble-bath was cute but it was never going to give her a music career. 

I find it weird how she never went back to her actual singing voice though- why the baby voice? Her singing voice must be ruined a bit tbh.

9 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I find it weird how she never went back to her actual singing voice though- why the baby voice? Her singing voice must be ruined a bit tbh.

right, i feel like we never hear her natural low belting voice anymore and that’s when she sounds best :xgiggle: the same goes for her interviews, i wish she’d talk normally again

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

On a personal level and to spice up this thread- does anyone find it funny that she’s still besties with Marilyn Manson after accusing mars of hanging with her abuser and then blaming Titanic at the end for being abusive 💀 she sure can pick ‘em.

16 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

On a personal level and to spice up this thread- does anyone find it funny that she’s still besties with Marilyn Manson after accusing mars of hanging with her abuser and then blaming Titanic at the end for being abusive 💀 she sure can pick ‘em.

yeah she's really weird for that...

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Yeah, maybe she admires him so much and she's kinda biased. 

But yeah, pretty weird and hypocrite from her. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

never knew this omg?

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

i’m pretty positive she’s an awful person irl in multiple ways, i’ve read a lot of questionable shit about her :eek: it irks me that so many artists who make amazing music are messy as hell outside of their art

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

17 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Poppy as a person will never sit right with me, and it's messed up how she basically got away with shifting all the blame for stuff she willingly participated in. Throwback to I Disagree being marketed as her "breaking free, taking control" album when the entire thing, including deluxe tracks, were written with Titanic. And let's not forget she released and still performs a Mars Argo diss track after she split up with him, lmao. 

Poppy still does her Grocerybagdottv-esque videos/persona in 2023, and she's also revisiting years old Titanic-written scraps for this upcoming record too— she's pretty shameless, to say the least.

Not to mention the other stuff with her scamming fans out of money, doxxing a random interviewer for keeping up a 2015 out-of-character video, etc

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Poppy as a person will never sit right with me, and it's messed up how she basically got away with shifting all the blame for stuff she willingly participated in. Throwback to I Disagree being marketed as her "breaking free, taking control" album when the entire thing, including deluxe tracks, were written with Titanic. And let's not forget she released and still performs a Mars Argo diss track after she split up with him, lmao. 

Poppy still does her Grocerybagdottv-esque videos/persona in 2023, and she's also revisiting years old Titanic-written scraps for this upcoming record too— she's pretty shameless, to say the least.

who told you the info on the revisiting scraps? But otherwise yeah I totally agree there’s something off about her-she’s very beautiful and had a good run on YT but the reality is she can’t sustain a fanbase on her own personality-most of her threads are dead and the music is hit and miss. 

Also which Mars Argo diss track?

46 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Also which Mars Argo diss track?

Anything Like Me from I Disagree, prior to release she confirmed it was about "a trial she can't talk about" or something along those lines in an interview. 

Spoiler

"I'm everything she never was, now everyone's out for my blood" / "With all due respect, you're not gonna fool no one" 

"You're making a scene, coming at me" / "You pray for a reaction, I'll stop when it's no more fun"

The previously scrapped song I was talking about is Knockoff, it's a leaked Am I a Girl outtake that got new production so might end up seeing a release. The old one was way better though IMO 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

28 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

wait this kinda killed with the real vocals finally and the trip hop vibe, but the views 💀 from millions to a a 100 thousand- how did her career go smaller so fast. 

Well she dropped the persona and a lot of the songs she dropped after the I Disagree era have been very mid so I'm not surprised. Eat, Say Cheese, Breeders, 3.14, Her and So Mean are really good but the rest range from mid to forgettable imo

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Well she dropped the persona and a lot of the songs she dropped after the I Disagree era have been very mid so I'm not surprised. Eat, Say Cheese, Breeders, 3.14, Her and So Mean are really good but the rest range from mid to forgettable imo

I just listened to say cheese :toofloppy: my poor ears- I can’t stand screamo