Cashew

Poppy

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

also i know that the generally accepted theory is that poppy's sound changed because of the mars argo lawsuit but it never really sounded like mars in the first place :bebe:

mars was always very indie while poppy was always more pop

Reveal hidden contents

edit: mars argo + i disagree supremacy :makeup2:

I agree they sound nothing alike but again her only indie music is TIADB then it transitioned into pop-rock (i.e Doctor, Wasting Away)/alternative (i.e Runaway Runaway, Save Me) basically. I just wish we had more from after TIADB

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

am i a girl is so average but also tbh it is the most accessible so i don't really see any problems with this

No more AIAG Slander :rollin:, STREAM HARD FEELINGS AND ARISTOCRAT :makeup:.....also love how the Christmas EP wasn't included on this should've added it in a separate side box as "yes she has holiday music, too :troll:"

5 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

No more AIAG Slander :rollin:, STREAM HARD FEELINGS AND ARISTOCRAT :makeup:.....also love how the Christmas EP wasn't included on this should've added it in a separate side box as "yes she has holiday music, too :troll:"

Thanks for sharing! I love it, I agree that anyone should start with AIAG

I fucking adore Hard Feelings, Aristocrat, AIAG and Time's Up. The rest of the songs are very Poppy.Computer and don't like them that much.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, EXODUS said:

Thanks for sharing! I love it, I agree that anyone should start with AIAG

I fucking adore Hard Feelings, Aristocrat, AIAG and Time's Up. The rest of the songs are very Poppy.Computer and don't like them that much.

X says hi

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

25 minutes ago, the ocean said:

X says hi

I kinda like it, but yeah, it's better than the other songs I didn't name, those I just can't stand them. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Premiered on March 8th, 2022 for her "Never Find My Place" Tour, she added the song to the setlist.

Rumored to be released soon as a single. Maybe for a planned re-release of the album?

The song is absolutely amazing and it reminds me a lot to a mix between Portishead, The Cardigans and Warpaint. Sorta like an delightful mix between trip hop and 90s alternative rock.

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]
A crisis without a cause
Faith put in a false God
A misstep of emoting
I'm trying to get to where I'm going
A new way to call it off
You leaned in when I told you to stop
My heart is now imploding

[Chorus]
Stagger on through life backwards
You stagger on through life backwards
Backwards, backwards

[Verse 2]
You're quite the oppositionist
So your habits you're not trying to quit
Out of fear and loathing
I'm just trying to get to where I'm going
You see that mountain is just a cliff
And I can't talk you down from it
The road home is eroding
And I'm just trying to get to where I'm going

[Chorus]
Backwards, backwards

[Chorus]
Backwards, backwards, backwards

7 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Premiered on March 8th, 2022 for her "Never Find My Place" Tour, she added the song to the setlist.

Rumored to be released soon as a single. Maybe for a planned re-release of the album?

The song is absolutely amazing and it reminds me a lot to a mix between Portishead, The Cardigans and Warpaint. Sorta like an delightful mix between trip hop and 90s alternative rock.

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

[Verse 1]
A crisis without a cause
Faith put in a false God
A misstep of emoting
A new way to call it off
You leaned in when I told you to stop
My heart is now imploding

[Chorus]
Backwards, backwards

[Verse 2]
You're quite the oppositionist
So your habits you're not trying to quit
Out of fear and loathing
I'm just trying to get to where I'm going
You see that mountain is just a cliff
And I can't talk you down from it
The road home is eroding
And I'm just trying to get to where I'm going

[Chorus]
Backwards, backwards

[Chorus]
Backwards, backwards, backwards

Thank you for this update, I (usually) ignore her live shows because they don't add enough reverb to her voice so it didn't sound too great imo (for past tours). I can't tell if that's lipped or not :oic3:, if it isn't, her lives are improving!

58 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Thank you for this update, I (usually) ignore her live shows because they don't add enough reverb to her voice so it didn't sound too great imo (for past tours). I can't tell if that's lipped or not :oic3:, if it isn't, her lives are improving!

Her lives really improved a lot, just checked many other live recordings from that video account. I was blown away with how much of a live performer she is now, better vocalist while also using a guitar >>>>>

Actually intrigued for what the next album will have in store :popcorn:,  stagger seems in the vein of her recent work, so hoping it's a one off single so that she'll once again change the direction of the next album (Flux was kinda like a live album, I think?). Imagine if she deconstructed the character finally, I don't think that'll happen because she seems to love it, but an indie roots cover tease wouldn't hurt :toofloppy:

7 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Actually intrigued for what the next album will have in store :popcorn: stagger seems in the vein of her recent work, so hoping it's a one off single so that she'll once again change the direction of the next album (Flux was kinda like a live album, I think?). Imagine if she deconstructed the character finally, I don't think that'll happen because she seems to love it, but an indie roots cover tease wouldn't hurt :toofloppy:

Yeah, "Flux" was recorded with a "live" feel, I love that but there are many songs that would have been benefited by a more perfected sound (like "Hysteria", it's a good song but the production and the mixing don't do it justice").

"Stagger" sounds like a natural progression from "Flux", it has that 90s alt rock vibe, but with a trip-hop edge. It kinda remids me to this song, but with more guitars:

I hope this is Poppy new sound. I can already imagine the critical acclaim.

4 hours ago, miamigardenclub said:

i miss bubblebath era so much

I didn't like it at all, too generic, Poppy true potential was unveiled during "I Disagree" and "Choke" EP

But, I would take Bubblebath any day over fucking Poppy.Computer, ugh.