Cashew

Poppy

i’m never been a big fan of poppy but i have liked her recent works like anything like me, her, and as strange as it seems but i just listened to her bubblebath ep and omg. this girl SHINES in pop music, please tell me there’s more excellent tracks like money and lowlife…

Just now, finalgirl said:

i’m never been a big fan of poppy but i have liked her recent works like anything like me, her, and as strange as it seems but i just listened to her bubblebath ep and omg. this girl SHINES in pop music, please tell me there’s more excellent tracks like money and lowlife…

there are

but they're unreleased :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, finalgirl said:

omfg. :rip: what unreleased pop songs of hers do you recommend?

i guess i kinda lied about there not being more released pop stuff but it's definitely not the same type of pop as bubblebath

if you really like the youtube stuff then i'd recommend checking out poppy.computer & am i a girl but don't go in expecting it to be bubblebath 2 & 3 because it's definitely not

the unreleased stuff i'd recommend winona ryder, heavy metal, renegade & pyromaniac (lichrally a masterpiece)

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i guess i kinda lied about there not being more released pop stuff but it's definitely not the same type of pop as bubblebath

if you really like the youtube stuff then i'd recommend checking out poppy.computer & am i a girl but don't go in expecting it to be bubblebath 2 & 3 because it's definitely not

the unreleased stuff i'd recommend winona ryder, heavy metal, renegade & pyromaniac (lichrally a masterpiece)

okay, thank you! :kiss:

this is probably gonna offend a few people in this thread but i don't really care tbh :awkney:

i decided to deconstruct poppy.computer & am i a girl cause let's be honest it's not some of her best work 

i wanted to make an album that both evolves from bubblebath, progresses to i disagree, and still sounds like a cohesive album that works on it's own and has it's own thing

because of this a lot of sacrifices had to be made even if i otherwise like the song (aristocrat, fashion after all, let's make a video)

also i used a lot of tracks from neither album to also add some cohesion to the album as well (2 songs from choke, a non-album single & an unreleased song)

before any concerned poppy fan asks what happened with the rest of choke, it got recycled for i disagree (which is still being worked on)

also bleach blonde baby was previously recycled for my bubblebath reconstruction

1. pop music

2. my microphone

3. immature couture

4. hard feelings

5. knockoff

6. am i a girl?

7. my style

8. interweb

9. software upgrade

10. voicemail

11. play destroy

12. the holy mountain

13. x

On 2/17/2022 at 5:23 AM, the ocean said:

i forgot how bad poppy.computer was :toofloppy:

there’s literally 2 good songs and those are bleach blonde baby and software upgrade

software update and beach blonde baby are so good :umadney:  love the ethereal like production 

sgopYhV.gif

15 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

How did @the ocean not mention "Golden Gate", that was like one of the most asked for songs and we got it in the January 2020 or was it 2021 :flop: MASS, along with Jealous Girl (unfinished + looped) and pyromaniac.

i'm not even sure if i have that downloaded one sec

edit: i do i just apparently wasn't vibing with it on the day i compiled my bubblebath album i'll relisten to it though

4 hours ago, finalgirl said:

How could I FORGET, check out "Sweetheart", it's from the BB era/outtake from what I can remember 

On 4/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

And we'll NEVER get it again miss "I have PTSD from Lowlife", a fucking SONG 🤥 I'm bitter

On 4/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Like I can guess she doesn't like hearing/singing it due to who it's probably about :hillary: 

Hide contents

but...you got yourself in that mess #socialclimber #herpettyera #IslandmakesmerecordsongswhenIdontwantto

The PTSD thing was just behind-the-scenes drama with Island. The label wanted Lowlife to be a reggae-pop song (which is what came out) but Poppy wanted it to have more of a pop-rockish sound. 

This is controversial but the 2014-15 Bubblebath stuff is still her peak to me. Aside from overall just being more enjoyable tracks, lot of the stuff she did under Island honestly feels more lyrically personal/'authentic' than most of the stuff she's been putting out these last few years :shh:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, alienprincess said:

Not when flux exists!

I Disagree :teehee:

(I'm not talking only about the 4 EP songs btw, I mean the unreleased stuff too)

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕