Cashew

Poppy

On 4/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Oh, before I forget, here's a remastering attempt done by a fan in case anyone wants to hear "Stagger" better:

Fuck, I need this out in studio ASAP.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

The PTSD thing was just behind-the-scenes drama with Island. The label wanted Lowlife to be a reggae-pop song (which is what came out) but Poppy wanted it to have more of a pop-rockish sound. 

This is controversial but the 2014-15 Bubblebath stuff is still her peak to me. Aside from overall just being more enjoyable tracks, lot of the stuff she did under Island honestly feels more lyrically personal/'authentic' than most of the stuff she's been putting out these last few years :shh:

I prefer Choke/I Disagree/Eat overall but Bubblebath is still her best pop project for sure

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 hours ago, alienprincess said:

Not when flux exists!

the taste exhibited by this post

honestly i think flux is her magnum opus :oprah3:

i disagree was definitely a pivotal album and i love it but flux is just a better project

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 4/20/2022 at 4:10 AM, itsairnd said:

have you seen mars argo's site rn?

unknown.png?width=1301&height=670

This is your first post and you just joined LanaBoards to post about Mars Argo in Poppy's thread (when there's a Mars Argo one...)

Are you Mars? haha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

12 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

So Harry Styles gets a mass but no Poppy mass? :trisha:

this is dumb bc Harry is literally one of the biggest artists in the world rn I love Poppy but she really isnt close to that level of fame

11 hours ago, EXODUS said:

This is your first post and you just joined LanaBoards to post about Mars Argo in Poppy's thread (when there's a Mars Argo one...)

Are you Mars? haha

I can assure you that Mars Argo would not waste her time commenting on LanaBoards' Poppy thread. 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

On 4/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, Coloringbooks said:

I can assure you that Mars Argo would not waste her time commenting on LanaBoards' Poppy thread. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, avenue said:

@Coloringbooks retweet

mars wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with poppy or titanic - in fact i think she's got a restraining order against them both

I don't know much about her.

Tbh just checked her music out a few weeks ago and I really didn't like her voice at all. 

I just don't understand why it's taking her so long to release Stagger 😔 

I’ve never listened to poppy.computer much, But playing it now - It’s much better than I remember & I can’t be the only one getting Madonna/Like a Virgin vibes from the album? something almost modern retro?

EDIT:

I want your floppy disk to be my hard drive…

:ohmy:

IMG-3521.jpg

LIVESTREAMS

Credit to the uploaders.

Finally, we can hear "Stagger" in high quality.

Both shows are great, but I prefer the latest tour one, the audio quality is 10000x better.

By any chance has anyone ripped the audio into fan-made live albums?

On 4/19/2022 at 7:48 PM, avenue said:

honestly i think flux is her magnum opus :oprah3:

People really love that album? I think it's just a cheap and forgettable attempt at trying to emulate 90s/00s? rock trends without doing ANYTHING interesting with the genre. I've probably heard every song on the record ten times before by other artists and done much better. (Not that it matters since I refuse to legally support and contribute to her income but whatever)

With that said, I think Bubblebath remains unchallenged as her strongest release and Am I A Girl is the closest she's gotten.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina