Cashew

Poppy

WTF, old Titanic Poppy is back? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Stagger flopped to oblivion and she has no artistic morals to do some something uniquely her or creative to get a fanbase 

I need people to realize that she doesn't give a fuck about anybody, she's never had morals, and this was always going to happen :crossed:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

are we even shocked at this point the girl has no originality in her body whatsoever and she never really had any to begin with considering she was only put on the map due to her constant copying from mars

I used to be such a big Poppy fan, like when she was That Poppy and there was so much mystery surrounding her. I remember actually buying the Bubblebath EP and her real name, Moriah Pereira, accidentally being on there WAY back in the day. When I found out that she copied Mars to the bone, I switched so fast to Mars and fell in love with her because it didn't feel so forced. Mars was able to make it feel natural, the reason why Moriah is so robotic and stone cold is that she's unoriginal in just about everything she does.

Grimes showing interest in her and just that whole lot really makes me uncomfortable too, I don't know I feel like it was kinda known that both Titanic and Poppy were manipulative but Poppy's (diminished flop) fanbase LOVES to act like Moriah never did anything wrong and she was a victim when they went out of their way to attend the same college Mars was going to.

Idk I'll always say fuck Poppy for that one, that first EP kinda bopped but its clear she only does exactly what she's told and is the dictionary definition of a soulless industry plant

8 minutes ago, Wayamaya said:

Grimes showing interest in her and just that whole lot really makes me uncomfortable too, I don't know I feel like it was kinda known that both Titanic and Poppy were manipulative but Poppy's (diminished flop) fanbase LOVES to act like Moriah never did anything wrong and she was a victim when they went out of their way to attend the same college Mars was going to.

Correction: It wasn't a college, it was a very specific Japanese language class in LA; and after Mars felt she had no option but to leave because of them, Poppy and Titanic were there snapping photos with Matt Bennett (Mars' friend who she was going there with), showing up to the parties, etc. :biblio:

They did the exact same thing with Mars' other avenues. Mars was working for a niche fashion brand in Japan (Little Sunny Bite) as a model and voice actress. Suddenly, the flow of Mars-related content stops and then Poppy's there doing similar voice work, they use "Money" in a commercial, she and Titanic are taking photos with the founder (who was Mars' bestie before all of this), etc. Just flat-out stalking Mars and stealing her life.

eating pure vagina

15 hours ago, FkaIl said:

Correction: It wasn't a college, it was a very specific Japanese language class in LA; and after Mars felt she had no option but to leave because of them, Poppy and Titanic were there snapping photos with Matt Bennett (Mars' friend who she was going there with), showing up to the parties, etc. :biblio:

They did the exact same thing with Mars' other avenues. Mars was working for a niche fashion brand in Japan (Little Sunny Bite) as a model and voice actress. Suddenly, the flow of Mars-related content stops and then Poppy's there doing similar voice work, they use "Money" in a commercial, she and Titanic are taking photos with the founder (who was Mars' bestie before all of this), etc. Just flat-out stalking Mars and stealing her life.

Nickelodeon Matt Bennett?

5 minutes ago, VioletPrincess said:

Nickelodeon Matt Bennett?

Yes, Mars Argo was besties with that Matt Bennett, and then Titanic was. Ariana Grande also had the same teacher at some point (you might remember the botched Japanese BBQ grill / 7 Rings tattoo) and there's a photo somewhere of her sharing a banana with Titanic, although I can't find it currently

eating pure vagina

3 minutes ago, FkaIl said:

Yes, Mars Argo was besties with that Matt Bennett, and then Titanic was. Ariana Grande also had the same teacher at some point (you might remember the botched Japanese BBQ grill / 7 Rings tattoo) and there's a photo somewhere of her sharing a banana with Titanic, although I can't find it currently

Very interesting to hear all the connections you've shared!

I'm more casually into Mars and Poppy but I already know there's a lot of complexities between them :popcorn:

On 6/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

New song as a feature with Danny Elfman of all people?! Song is technically a Stu Brooks song :um2:

"They'll just love you"

Screenshot-20230614-210724-You-Tube.jpg

Takes me straight back to Danny Elfman as Jack in TNBC :defeated:and the M*rilyn M*nson and Korn covers in Nightmare Revisited album. 

If she wants to go backwards and use the exact same imitated style she got sued over (and was allegedly ""forced"" into doing)— let's hope she goes back to releasing good music again too!!!

But really though I'm not surprised… after mocking Mars in songs like "Anything Like Me" and "Her", Poppy continued to release Mars/Titanic-esque videos (she doesn't post as often anymore but these are 2022 for example). She's even went back to blonde now, I assume because of this upcoming full album era she's wanting to promote. 

l04fwkd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕