GangstaBoy

Fine China

For me, the image I get when I listen to this song is this:

I wore diamonds for the birth of your baby, for the birth of your son

On the same day my husband to be packed his things to run.

Was bittersweet to say the least

One life begins, one comes undone

She's telling about how her fiancé left her.

She uses a lot of storm imagery: The earth shattered, the sky open, the rain was fire but we were wooden.  Implying that "they" were turned to ash.  Also, Strong like a tree but the unlucky one, when we talk about trees being unlucky, it's because they've been struck by lightning.  She is destroyed by her fiancé leaving her at the alter, and she's left there with all of the beautiful things that they had.

Her wedding fell apart, she's left alone with all the stuff you need for a weddings, and she seems to have had an extravagant one planned.  Fine china is often associated with only being used on the most formal of occasions.  Fresh linen, being all of the fabric, napkins at weddings are often made of cloth, tablecloth as well.  All of my dresses with the tags still on them, obviously she and her bridesmaids didn't even get the opportunity to put on the wedding dresses.  Fairytale weddings are often associated with white horses, if you look at Sleeping Beauty or Snow White for example.  Then she talks about how her fiancé's mother tells her she's not coming, On the same day my mother to be said she wouldn’t come.

I guess they really got the best of us didn’t they?

They said our love was enough, but it wasn’t.

I'm not sure if my analysis is clear enough, but to me it's without-a-doubt about a failed wedding, not just about life in general, and the feeling of devastation that came with it.  In the narrator's opinion, on that day, her world ended.

She uses a lot of storm imagery: The earth shattered, the sky open, the rain was fire but we were wooden. Implying that "they" were turned to ash. Also, Strong like a tree but the unlucky one, when we talk about trees being unlucky, it's because they've been struck by lightning. She is destroyed by her fiancé leaving her at the alter, and she's left there with all of the beautiful things that they had.

Her wedding fell apart, she's left alone with all the stuff you need for a weddings, and she seems to have had an extravagant one planned. Fine china is often associated with only being used on the most formal of occasions. Fresh linen, being all of the fabric, napkins at weddings are often made of cloth, tablecloth as well. All of my dresses with the tags still on them, obviously she and her bridesmaids didn't even get the opportunity to put on the wedding dresses. Fairytale weddings are often associated with white horses, if you look at Sleeping Beauty or Snow White for example. Then she talks about how her fiancé's mother tells her she's not coming, On the same day my mother to be said she wouldn’t come.

I'm not sure if my analysis is clear enough, but to me it's without-a-doubt about a failed wedding, not just about life in general, and the feeling of devastation that came with it. In the narrator's opinion, on that day, her world ended.
OMG :oprah: :oprah2:

This makes so much sense. the ivory almonds they were gonna eat, the silver which was her ring. I'm shook

this is obviously about Barrie. She was there for Jaime's son's birth and at that time she was with Barrie. Maybe it's a true story and Barrie actually left with his stuff while Lana was there? It then caused her to say they were over in an interview. They were also engaged, too.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

this is obviously about Barrie. She was there for Jaime's son's birth and at that time she was with Barrie. Maybe it's a true story and Barrie actually left with his stuff while Lana was there? It then caused her to say they were over in an interview. They were also engaged, too.

Lana dumped him lol...

Betty Spaghetti was in Italy when he was told that she had actually broken up with him

She uses a lot of storm imagery: The earth shattered, the sky open, the rain was fire but we were wooden.  Implying that "they" were turned to ash.  Also, Strong like a tree but the unlucky one, when we talk about trees being unlucky, it's because they've been struck by lightning.  She is destroyed by her fiancé leaving her at the alter, and she's left there with all of the beautiful things that they had.

Her wedding fell apart, she's left alone with all the stuff you need for a weddings, and she seems to have had an extravagant one planned.  Fine china is often associated with only being used on the most formal of occasions.  Fresh linen, being all of the fabric, napkins at weddings are often made of cloth, tablecloth as well.  All of my dresses with the tags still on them, obviously she and her bridesmaids didn't even get the opportunity to put on the wedding dresses.  Fairytale weddings are often associated with white horses, if you look at Sleeping Beauty or Snow White for example.  Then she talks about how her fiancé's mother tells her she's not coming, On the same day my mother to be said she wouldn’t come.

I'm not sure if my analysis is clear enough, but to me it's without-a-doubt about a failed wedding, not just about life in general, and the feeling of devastation that came with it.  In the narrator's opinion, on that day, her world ended.

I'm such a dumbass. I would've never made that connection if I had never read this. I knew she was talking about a wedding, but didn't realize she was describing wedding things in the chorus. I definitley think you hit the nail on the head with your interpretation. 

my guess is that this song sort of just about getting run out on...sort of losing everything you've been working towards and had built up.. same concept with the national anthem video.. having Camelot and losing it all

as for the birth of your son lyrics i think they are just there symbolically and to set up the "one life begins one comes undone" lyric xD

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

As destructive and depressive as her relationship with Barrie may have been, I really think that he benefited her in terms of creativity. No wonder we got so many lackluster lyrics on Honeymoon because she was together with Franny who just didn't inspire her the same way. Hope Jonathan Wilson injects some fire into her lyrics and we get some interesting stuff on LDR5

I just wanted to say that this is probably my favorite song ever. Today has been a very sad day for me and this song saved me. I've been playing in repeat since it leaked. So beautiful. Words fail me. The lyrics are perfect. I wish we could have more of this style of writing. I'm literally crying.