GangstaBoy

Fine China

I was thinking that she was definitely the Other woman. She was a close friend (or at least a mistress) that was around his family and she watched his baby being born with his then wife or girlfriend, and while Lana was being with this guy, her life was falling apart because she was too busy being stuck on him. So her fiance left her. Then comes the second verse when her guy that she watched child being born, decided to be with her, his mom was upset and decided not to come to their wedding at all.  And that made Lana sad because she knew that she was tearing up a home to have him.

Also truly she knows that what they have isnt enough to sustain a marriage, but she thought love would be enough. But everything around them is falling apart, who's to say they wont either. They both are wooden, so they are good for each other, but the environment wasnt. They were star crossed.

I'm probably way off and the other person made sense lol. But that's what I got from it.

I was thinking that she was definitely the Other woman. She was a close friend (or at least a mistress) that was around his family and she watched his baby being born with his then wife or girlfriend, and while Lana was being with this guy, her life was falling apart because she was too busy being stuck on him. So her fiance left her. Then comes the second verse when her guy that she watched child being born, decided to be with her, his mom was upset and decided not to come to their wedding at all.  And that made Lana sad because she knew that she was tearing up a home to have him.

Also truly she knows that what they have isnt enough to sustain a marriage, but she thought love would be enough. But everything around them is falling apart, who's to say they wont either. Notice that they both are wooden, so they are good for each other, but the environment wasnt. They were star crossed.

I'm probably way off and the other person made sense lol. But that's what I got from it.

I thought of something similar, but I do not have time atm to write it out

image.png

Someone already said this, but I think this song is definitely about Barrie and the friend's baby/son refers to Jaime King and her child. I mean, I even remember the picture of them at the hospital together where Lana could be wearing a diamond cross necklace? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/86/43/1e86434183207878bcd0502429da9bec.jpg

I think the whole thing about the guy leaving doesn't have to be literal, like he left her or the relationship, just that he left for whatever reason and Lana felt abandoned in a way. Wasn't Barrie in a different country when Jaime's son was born? And weren't Lana and Barrie rumored to have been engaged for a bit before they broke up? I don't think we have to take every lyric 100% literally. But this is just my opinion and what I've read into the lyrics. 

Someone already said this, but I think this song is definitely about Barrie and the friend's baby/son refers to Jaime King and her child. I mean, I even remember the picture of them at the hospital together where Lana could be wearing a diamond cross necklace? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/86/43/1e86434183207878bcd0502429da9bec.jpg

I think the whole thing about the guy leaving doesn't have to be literal, like he left her or the relationship, just that he left for whatever reason and Lana felt abandoned in a way. Wasn't Barrie in a different country when Jaime's son was born? And weren't Lana and Barrie rumored to have been engaged for a bit before they broke up? I don't think we have to take every lyric 100% literally. But this is just my opinion and what I've read into the lyrics. 

OMG

I think this about jaime king (I wore diamonds for the birth of your child...) And Barrie (all the stuff about being left/starting over) and maybe cocaine? Fine china does mean cocaine after all :brows:

also slang for heroin! good catch

That's a good theory. I was also thinking its about bittersweet life of being w/ a man. She expresses how for every good thing there's a bad thing, how she's going down with fine China, for its so fragile but affluent, having good clothing but stealing them, how for every birth there's a death etc. As you stated, it does seem like a song about the t

relfection of life.

I like this about good things carrying bad things, however the tags still being on the clothes means that she presumably bought the dresses for the wedding and never got to use them bc the husband-to-be ran away, not because she stole them. At least that's what I think she tried to say.

And what a gorgeous song I think I'm in love :oprah:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

See, this is what I missed from Honeymoon - all the interpretations and the fascinating storytelling. Don't get me wrong, Honeymoon is a fantastic album and every song is good (well, if we're pretending good sis DLMBM doesn't exist anyway) :toofunny: .... but for me it lacks a strong storytelling component like Fine China and UV and even songs from BTD/Paradise. It kinda felt like the one album lacking in this sort of storytelling, which for me is my favourite thing about her music. 

Lana really can write amazing lyrics when she wants to. I really hope LDR5 delivers with at least a few songs with lyrics as captivating and beautiful as these. Just look at how many different comments this page has already received - because it's such a brilliant and cleverly constructed piece.

See, this is what I missed from Honeymoon - all the interpretations and the fascinating storytelling. Don't get me wrong, Honeymoon is a fantastic album and every song is good (well, if we're pretending good sis DLMBM doesn't exist anyway) :toofunny: .... but for me it lacks a strong storytelling component like Fine China and UV and even songs from BTD/Paradise. It kinda felt like the one album lacking in this sort of storytelling, which for me is my favourite thing about her music. 

Lana really can write amazing lyrics when she wants to. I really hope LDR5 delivers with at least a few songs with lyrics as captivating and beautiful as these. Just look at how many different comments this page has already received - because it's such a brilliant and cleverly constructed piece.

Couldn't agree more

PNoV6l.gif

See, this is what I missed from Honeymoon - all the interpretations and the fascinating storytelling. Don't get me wrong, Honeymoon is a fantastic album and every song is good (well, if we're pretending good sis DLMBM doesn't exist anyway) :toofunny: .... but for me it lacks a strong storytelling component like Fine China and UV and even songs from BTD/Paradise. It kinda felt like the one album lacking in this sort of storytelling, which for me is my favourite thing about her music.

100%! I fell in love with her music because of her lyrics primarily

Oh my god this song is a masterpiece! I love it so much! Super emotional and I love the melody. The lyrics are fantastic.

It's one of her greatest songs in terms of lyrics and symbolism. Like fine wine her songwriting skills get better with age and experience. What I mostly concluded is that the soon to be husband was either Barrie, or the guy who she generally sings about in most of her work (K/Jimmy/Joshy). Additionally, I found it shocking that based off of this song it was Barrie who left (allegedly). This was news to me because I was under the assumption she left him due to her saying something along the lines of "hes a great guy but has some things to work on". To be quite honest I always felt deep down she would never end up being with him. I know it sounds harsh but her relationships in the past exceeded the adornment and companionship that she displays in her music compared to what they had. It a much different kind of love it seemed to me. Though Barrie just was a good source of comfort in the present, and they liked the same music and they fulfilled the rocker couple image. Idk. 

Sources

http://lanadelreyfan.com/lana-del-rey-in-interview-for-20-minuten-talks-about-breaking-up-with-barrie-and-more-june-23/

http://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-21-1192710

I'm still shook by the lyrics. Its structure is amazing.

It's almost like something comes into existence, and something else is destroyed: "birth of your son" and "my husband to be packed his things to run"; "strong woman" yet "strong like a tree but the unlucky one" etc.