AllAboutThatBase

Meghan Trainor

On 8/21/2016 at 6:00 AM, darkness said:

i love meghan so much! i love her album with Island To Island, do you have that? :)

I'm still looking for her album with Island Fusion, "Island to Island". If anyone happens to have it. It's from 2007 and it managed to leak/resurface in 2016 but went lost again just a psa. It got sold on eBay like twice too :rip:

She has so many lost solo songs too like that "End of the World" song which sounded like If U Seek Amy by Britney that never resurfaced :(

New masterpost of all things deleted/never released https://mega.nz/folder/LMoCGQ7I#VOoBstsvOSARlnSRkra2xA xoxo. Adding live covers, songs she wrote/produced for others that aren't on streaming, instrumentals, stems, acapellas etc. soon

edit: also would appreciate if someone can tell me if this demo https://dbree.org/v/5e3b53 is real. I have a legit one of the song in my folder but not sure about this one!

Edited by One with the Gods

17 hours ago, The Siren said:

this thread needs more activity :bebe:

with the latest album? no thank you :bebe: 

ngl I don't really like Takin' It Back, it was very mid and besides only 4 or 5 songs it has no reply value. iirc the only ones i liked were Sensitive, Bad for Me (???), Lucky, Dance About It and High Maintenance, which is actually an outtake lmao.

I find Made You Look, Don't I Make It Look Easy and Shook annoying af, and Breezy is plain bad lol.

So sad Treat Myself flopped. Both versions are her magnum opuses imo. She should've done a 'side B' with plenty of the outtakes from the 2018 version, that would've been better than... the Christmas album :hide: 

And Thank You was ahead of its time. If No was released in 2021 it would've done way better than back in 2016.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Does anyone know why she want back to that 2014 doo wop sound with Made You Look? sounds like a cheap knockoff of her debut.. Its clear her label pushed her to do it, she looks miserable every time she has performed the song 

i've never been a big meghan fan but i did enjoy title when that came out (but in my defense that was in my local era) and i've listened to a few songs from thank you & treat myself and i also enjoy them but nothing really wowed me

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

with the latest album? no thank you :bebe: 

ngl I don't really like Takin' It Back, it was very mid and besides only 4 or 5 songs it has no reply value. iirc the only ones i liked were Sensitive, Bad for Me (???), Lucky, Dance About It and High Maintenance, which is actually an outtake lmao.

I find Made You Look, Don't I Make It Look Easy and Shook annoying af, and Breezy is plain bad lol.

So sad Treat Myself flopped. Both versions are her magnum opuses imo. She should've done a 'side B' with plenty of the outtakes from the 2018 version, that would've been better than... the Christmas album :hide: 

And Thank You was ahead of its time. If No was released in 2021 it would've done way better than back in 2016.

I loooooooved treat myself and that alone warrants my stan card in stone :bebe:

3 hours ago, TRENCH said:

Does anyone know why she want back to that 2014 doo wop sound with Made You Look? sounds like a cheap knockoff of her debut.. Its clear her label pushed her to do it, she looks miserable every time she has performed the song 

The song title went viral on tik tok recently and that had her scrap the album and go with a title inspired sound.

I agree with both of you. The new album is p bad

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

i've never been a big meghan fan but i did enjoy title when that came out (but in my defense that was in my local era) and i've listened to a few songs from thank you & treat myself and i also enjoy them but nothing really wowed me

Treat myself was in my top 3 albums of 2020 if not my number 1 :bebe:

3 hours ago, TRENCH said:

because a couple songs from Title went viral on TikTok iirc. at least title track (no pun intended) and i'm not sure if any other from the era, but apparently that was a factor.

bad move if you ask me but :um:

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Made You Look is stuck in my head :facepalm:

it only takes me to read the title to have the schewpid chorus in my head and it's not a compliment Meghan :kum: 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

The song title went viral on tik tok recently and that had her scrap the album and go with a title inspired sound.

I agree with both of you. The new album is p bad

Here, you beat me to it bestie :flutter: 

Yeah, she shouldn't have taken it back, wasn't a good decision. will (very) lowkey wait for MT5 for something better.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

Treat myself was in my top 3 albums of 2020 if not my number 1 :bebe:

in my defense, i thought the songs i listened to were really good i just didn't really feel an urge to listen to the rest of the album if that makes sense?

i hope she figures out a deal with her label or something to get some creative freedom back

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

in my defense, i thought the songs i listened to were really good i just didn't really feel an urge to listen to the rest of the album if that makes sense?

i hope she figures out a deal with her label or something to get some creative freedom back

She has creative freedom? She wanted to return to the doo-wop sound :whoopi:

I suggest you listen to treat myself in full. Including the deluxe tracks and the original 2019 tracklist (shoutout to my old leaked.cx display name)

155631c390e0904caa6587c04e9cb4d0.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

She has creative freedom? She wanted to return to the doo-wop sound :whoopi:

well that's unfortunate :bebe:

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I suggest you listen to treat myself in full. Including the deluxe tracks and the original 2019 tracklist (shoutout to my old leaked.cx display name)

i'll put it on my list :ma:

i enjoyed nice to meet ya, evil twin & no excuses so i'm hoping i enjoy the rest of the album

Meghan has a lot of great tracks actually especially unreleased stuff! she was making dozens of songs before Title released while she was a professional songwriter for others. There's usually fillers on her albums but some collapses in the mix too– she knows how to write a bop.

If we're talking about Treat Myself, I wish the final tracklist was better. Some great stuff but there's also filler on there that could've been replaced by far superior songs… 

Can't Dance for example deserved better, there was literally a scrapped fully produced music video yet the song never made it onto the final album :facepalm:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

well that's unfortunate :bebe:

i'll put it on my list :ma:

i enjoyed nice to meet ya, evil twin & no excuses so i'm hoping i enjoy the rest of the album

my favs are

• Wave
  • Workin on it
  • Ashes
  • Genetics
  • Have You Now

and the outtakes

• You're Worth Waiting for
  • Hard to Please
  • Don't Think About Leavin'

(half of the original tracklist was released on The Love Train.