Sign in to follow this  
Unknown

Lana vs. Cedric Gervais

So it seems to be common knowledge that Lana hates the Summertime Sadness remix and doesn't seem to like the remixer himself either. Where does this stem from?? Eg is there an interview where Lana discusses the remix? Please forgive me is there's already a topic for this x

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Does anyone remember when Cedric feuded with Lana fans on Twitter?? He tweeted something bitchy about Lana accepting royalties for the song even though she hated it but I can't remember exactly what he said

His remix is so shitty. It doesn't even include the best part of the song tbh. And lmfao, of course she's gonna accept the royalties... it's HER song  :judgingu:

TjmiIK4.png

All I've heard is the infamous song introduction to SS at one of her concerts when she referred to the remix. Nothing else.

She did thank the Grammys on Cedric's win:

It might have galled her that the remix did so well; however, SS the original did well too (at least as far as streams), and I can wonder whether SS would have done as well if a cheesy remix wasn't around to make people curious about the original. She might have also been pissed if her MV for SS was remixed too, when the remix played on MTV, as I seem to remember happening. 

@@queenbitchpro so true. The fact it's the only material from Lana (other than the feature on prisoner) to win a Grammy pisses me off so bad

Also she didn't win anything for the Prisoner collabo with the Weeknd; she was only nominated by virtue of the album of the year nomination for the album that contained it. Taylor Swift (and Imogen Heap!) won AOTY grammys.

@@slang I'm gonna have to trawl through his Twitter to try and find his tweets about Lana haha. That's true- lana takes great pride in her music videos so the fact the SS music video was edited could have pissed her off too. The success of the remix could possibly have even damaged Lanas relationship with interscope considering they were the ones who commissioned the remix in the first place. I don't think it's fair that Cedric got the majority of the praise for the Grammy considering Lana had written the lyrics and the tune of the song - all that was really changed was the instrumental and pace

@@leaked_version it's still played nearly every night I go to a club so that's why it's in my head haha :) It just adds to the perception that mainstream media takes issue with Lana. It's like a sick joke that her most recognised song is a remix which she hates

@@leaked_version it's still played nearly every night I go to a club so that's why it's in my head haha :) It just adds to the perception that mainstream media takes issue with Lana. It's like a sick joke that her most recognised song is a remix which she hates

In Europe, which was her main market during the BTD era, nobody does. Video Games, Blue Jeans and Summertime Sadness (the original) are all well-known. Many artists hate the songs that were their most successful ones.

Interscope hired Cedric for the remix, they paid him and released it. She had zero control over it. I rather think she feels nothing about it. This whole "remixed the shit out" is blown so much out porportion. I mean, many guys on here are native speakers and know, that it ain't a drag, but because gays always want to see some shade in everything, it ends up the way it is.

They gave Cedric an award for making an original song less original and this is ironic given LDR's "authenticity" issues. I'm sure she appreciates the irony, and if there is a "feud" I think it's all on Cedric's side. Also glad to hear she got royalties, as I don't think she actually got a grammy as part of his win. Also I doubt it's her most recognized song among fans; among non-fans I don't know.

@@LikeARollingStone YES I AM SO GLAD THAT THIS IS REAL I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY! Cedric was talking shit about Lana because the stans were attacking the remix. I hope somebody has screenshots. That tweet he favourited EUGH. He also favourited another one that said "I hope Cedric remixes Ultraviolence to save Lana from another flop". (Obviously ultraviolence wasn't even a flop)

@@leaked_version yeah I live in Ireland and BTD was successful here but Summertime Sadness Remix is definitely her most popular song among the general public. She probably doesn't give that much of a shit but I do think in the vine she's being a little bit shady

Fucking finally have a quote from one of the things Cedric said

@CedricGervais 17h17 hours ago

I love Lana' s fans they are so cute let me ask you all a question when that publishing money and sale money came in did she refused it?

BITCH ITS COMPENSATION FOR WHAT U DID TO THE SONG

In a few years a diss track about him will leak. Remember my words

Fucking finally have a quote from one of the things Cedric said

@CedricGervais 17h17 hours ago

I love Lana' s fans they are so cute let me ask you all a question when that publishing money and sale money came in did she refused it?

BITCH ITS COMPENSATION FOR WHAT U DID TO THE SONG

Does he expect her to give it out for free for commercial use? It's still her intellectual property