Elle

Lanaboards 2.0 Suggestions

Another suggestion from me would be regarding the current banning/WP situation. I think the LB rules should definitely be updated and there should be a new system regarding bans and WPs in general that make them more reasonable if they are given out by the mods.

Yes please! Also the DELETE PROFILE option should be available for anyone who wants to get out of the forum without leaving traces. I can't stand the "I can't delete your profile because the server is so cheap that would screw every topic you participated".

The different Themes Options would be GREAT. Check http://fotpforums.com that theme is beautiful and they way everything (even a comment) is posted is beautiful and friendly.

The forum needs a better notification panel and I really think that "DRAMA SUBFORUM" would work very good here since most of the users are such a drama queens related to leaks and snippets.

The option to DELETE A TOPIC you made and the Audio Section more private, of course. I recently got a PM of someone telling me trades on the forum is not allowed and i think is REALLY stupid since everything that happens on the Audio Section.

Yes please! Also the DELETE PROFILE option should be available for anyone who wants to get out of the forum without leaving traces. I can't stand the "I can't delete your profile because the server is so cheap that would screw every topic you participated".

I don't know where you're getting this "because the server is so cheap" thing or even what you mean by that. However, it is true that we don't have any "Delete all posts by X user" button. Even if we had that-- and I wish we did, just for dealing with spammers-- I don't think it would be appropriate for mods to use in other cases, like users wishing to deactivate because it would destroy the flow and context of discussion in a lot of threads. If someone is really that determined to erase their posts, they always have the edit button. But I don't think we should encourage that or make it easy for people to do that for the flow/context reasons I mentioned.

The option to DELETE A TOPIC you made and the Audio Section more private, of course. I recently got a PM of someone telling me trades on the forum is not allowed and i think is REALLY stupid since everything that happens on the Audio Section.

Again, we don't allow topic deletion because that would mean deleting other people's posts along with it against their will. It's been a longstanding rule of LanaBoards not to allow trading through the site. People publicly admitting they have unleaked Lana tracks creates a lot of drama, but more importantly it attracts unwanted attention from Lana's management. There's a reason LanaBoards has lasted almost 4 years while LDR.FM didn't even last 3 months. Yes, we've gotten a little lax lately in proactively policing other stuff that goes on in the Audio thread, like direct download links, but the wisest response to that should be to tighten that back up, not loosen up in other areas. These policies are in place to protect the forum from legal threats.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm not sure if other members have noticed, but the search bar is rather half cooked when doing its job. If I search for Azealia Banks, her actual thread would be almost the last option. Sometimes things I look for didn't even pop up. I'm not sure if that is something that can be fixable, or I'm using it wrong lol

same

It is true that we don't have any "Delete all posts by X user" button. Even if we had that-- and I wish we did, just for dealing with spammers-- I don't think it would be appropriate for mods to use in other cases, like users wishing to deactivate because it would destroy the flow and context of discussion in a lot of threads. If someone is really that determined to erase their posts, they always have the edit button. But I don't think we should encourage that or make it easy for people to do that for the flow/context reasons I mentioned.

That's actually not an excuse to not have an option like that. Everybody could just google something and find post on this forum very easily.

Re: emote suggestions -- I've been thinking of basically flushing the emotes and starting from the top again to see what people actually want but every time I try to put some kind of thread or something together to effectively go through that it just gets hella daunting :toofunny: I'm not sure if this is the thread to discuss this but Elle prob doesn't need more on her plate and I'm more willing to revive our emotes with an active site. I'll probably have to make a thread of this on my own but quote feedback if you have it.

Re: MOTM -- I'll totally coordinate it again but it needs an obvious revamp from its original days. Status nominations were a mess, a lot of the questions were boring, the "Member of the Month" campaign itself barely extended beyond a sidebar. Should this discussion be separate from this thread as well? Or anyone could PM me their thoughts and suggestions too :)

I'd like to know your views (and everyone else reading this, if you will) on;

a. the Top 5 Online Users section on the front page.

Delete ha

I'm not sure if other members have noticed, but the search bar is rather half cooked when doing its job. If I search for Azealia Banks, her actual thread would be almost the last option. Sometimes things I look for didn't even pop up. I'm not sure if that is something that can be fixable, or I'm using it wrong lol

same

Advanced search -> Find words: "Azealia Banks" -> Match: "Only search in titles" -> Click "Search Now" :)

That's actually not an excuse to not have an option like that. Everybody could just google something and find post on this forum very easily.

The rest of the mod staff can overrule me on this of course, but for not deleting posts, I think the possibility of destroying the context of other posts in the thread is sufficient reason. It also breaks quote links. It would definitely be abused by people trying to hide their shitty behavior. Most other forums I've been on don't allow it either. If you don't want it out there, don't post it. And like I said, you always have the "edit" button if you're that determined. I could go on and on.

Now, as far as deleting your profile, that can be done (although only one mod currently has the power to do it), but your old posts will end up looking something like this where your username shows up as Guest_OLD_USERNAME_*. You could probably get around it displaying your old username by having it changed immediately before deleting your profile. But I still discourage it without good reason as it breaks @ references, but then again, so do name changes, which is annoying.

Re: emote suggestions -- I've been thinking of basically flushing the emotes and starting from the top again to see what people actually want but every time I try to put some kind of thread or something together to effectively go through that it just gets hella daunting :toofunny: I'm not sure if this is the thread to discuss this but Elle prob doesn't need more on her plate and I'm more willing to revive our emotes with an active site. I'll probably have to make a thread of this on my own but quote feedback if you have it.

I'm fine with whatever on the emote front, but one thing that was annoying in the past when changes were made to the emote list is it ended up breaking some emotes in old posts.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'll add to a couple of things

There should be a thread/page/section that highlights Lanas entire career and what happens in here as well such as:
July 18 2017: Lana was spotted at London
July 21 2017: National Anthem Acapella leaks
-Lana opens for Singer XYZ's concert
July 22 2017: Lana announces new movie soundtrack
(like a diary)
--If there is something like this, please link me!

I'll be the first to say I volunteer in doing this but only as long as it get the recognition, feedback, and help it deserves. Creating a timeline of Lana's life/career is NOT an easy thing to do, because we don't really have an exact idea on a lot of things. I also have no idea where it would go, Lana Thoughts? I do have 2 willing people that will help me in creating this, i'm all for it already (and we can most likely start very soon and once it's complete we can regularly update it with only the big things that happen, not just 'Lana goes to get coffee')

On the community idea, I adore game nights. I love the idea but it could get messy as to who hosts it. If one person hosts every game night it would get stale sooner than later, so my idea on that is that we have any number of members come forth and say they'd like to host. We then take those members and put them into a site such as random.org and that's how we choose a host. After they host that game night, they won't be allowed to host another one for 2 more game nights. Although we'd probably have to have a post requirement so we don't get someone who'd just be wanted to sabotage the game. (maybe 100 posts?) Another idea is that we could have a (stickied) voting topic for each week where the game with the most votes gets chosen to play?

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Glad to see so many suggestions! Going to go ahead and address a few things..

As of now, it doesn't seem transparent enough imo and the drama tends to spill everywhere on the forum. I would suggest adding a section entitled "No Holds Barred" as part of "The Lounge" (oop Lana reference right there...) That's a place that ppl can deal with personal drama EXCLUSIVELY. Everything said or done in there should remain there. I know that may seem a little weird but I've been on a forum that has such a section and it actually works.

This will not be happening. Even if it is promised to stay within one area of the forum, I do not want any drama or negative behaviour on the forum at all. I know it's no secret that drama does in fact happen on the forum anyway, but I want everyone to really remember to try their best to be nice, kind, and respectful to all people as I said in my introduction video.

_ get the possibility to choose various themes, perhaps one per album like in Diamond Garden. I can definitely help with this too if there's a need  :)
I like the various themes they have in the new Marina Board where they have themes from every musical era of hers. Maybe the same can be done here? From the Lizzy Grant era to the Honeymoon (or new album) era. That would be cool.

As stated in my introduction video, this is a plan in progress!

can there be a post requirement to get into the media section to curb the issue of people signing up, begging for links, and never logging in again?
I don't know if anybody said it but the gallery is in a DESPERATE need of a proper update. HUGE tons of links are dead and it is too messy to actually look through the photos! There must be a few people that can be in charge of the gallery thread. Like someone who can add photos in the master post on each thread instead of replying new photos

(I volunteer but I think there are obviously better people than me  :facepalm: )

Hmm is it possible to return the possibility to add a space in display names?
Tbh update the version of IPS as there are probably loads of exploits and bugs as the version running is super old

These are all things that will definitely be happening!

-TBH i have no idea about how capable @@Elle is to be able to change the technical parts of lanaboards, or add new features, or even how customizable the template/site is... 

-i think lanabaords should maybe have its own instagram account?

-If all links in the status bar would work that would be iconic... 

- Don't worry! I have a great team teaching me everything I need to know, including the new owner of MB/DG.

- As stated in my introduction video, I am trying to get ahold of the @@lanaboards instagram page.

- To do this, just put the link in link [/ URL] (minus the space) and the links will work.

Trading on the forum isn't and will never be allowed through the PMs. If you want to trade with someone, do it away from Lanaboards. Not tryna get sued here.

- emote suggestions -- I've been thinking of basically flushing the emotes and starting from the top again to see what people actually want but every time I try to put some kind of thread or something together to effectively go through that it just gets hella daunting :toofunny: I'm not sure if this is the thread to discuss this but Elle prob doesn't need more on her plate and I'm more willing to revive our emotes with an active site. I'll probably have to make a thread of this on my own but quote feedback if you have it.

Re: MOTM -- I'll totally coordinate it again but it needs an obvious revamp from its original days. Status nominations were a mess, a lot of the questions were boring, the "Member of the Month" campaign itself barely extended beyond a sidebar. Should this discussion be separate from this thread as well? Or anyone could PM me their thoughts and suggestions too :)

- I wouldn't recommend a complete wipe of the emotes, as it would mess up existing posts using them. I am also more than willing to take care of the emoticons sections (and may have to anyway, check your PMs)

- I'm glad you're on board with MOTM! Of course I can take care of that as well if needed, but you are the OG MOTM interviewer. 

I've made some small initial changes.. you can check them out here! 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Make the limit of the profile picture size a bit higher..

100kb for a picture is way too small and I always find it frustrating to resize a picture so it can fit LB..

Once again, thank you!

giphy.gif

Could you make it so that we can choose what website background we want for ourselves, like the profile backgrounds! Only the person that's logged in and has chosen a pic can see his own pic Nevermind I saw the post. :toofunny:

How about you make it so that when you @ someone in the status updates.and the comments on them, the person gets an actual notification.

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

could you enable emojis somehow? I've actually seen a few posts where emojis show up and i have no idea how. would also eliminate the need for a lot of the emoticons

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

• automatic resizing for youtube videos in statuses? or some sort of automatic spoiler?
  • removing the 'top 5 users' thing (it's inaccurate and it's kinda embarrassing lmao)
  • add more to the 'recent topics' like 10 instead of 5 (sometimes we get a lot of new threads at once and this could make it easier to keep track of new leaks and such)

just suggestions btw, sorry if they sound kinda demanding

also when you view the topics that you have started, i don't think it shows all of them

Not a fan of that theme. I mean the header and the font are amazing, but the way the theme is? Oh hell no. That theme also has circular avis and I'm not here for that either. There is way better ones out there.

I think the current tool bar at the top of the page with search and sign out etc is quite redundant and the site would look a lot cleaner without it. It would be much better if those features were able to be relocated elsewhere on a profile tab or something imo

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The Diamond Garden theme looks good in the edit trash magic posted because on their default theme their header is soo huge which makes the whole site look messy.

isn't there an option within the theme to make the icons square?

generally i prefer the diamondgarden theme to the fotp one, but i don't really like the way thread pages and posts look, the space is like too white.

this is a rather minor suggestion but it keeps annoying me and is also part of the theme.

the placing of ads is somehow odd on here, the banner under our header is incorporated pretty ok (it's still a bit odd since it's not really centred) but the ad on the right sidebar thingy sometimes fills out the whole space, sometimes not, sometimes its square sometimes longer and vertical? idk if we can actually change something about that but i'm sure we can change something about the way ads are shown when u open some thread, there is so much space wasted for the ad and the actual ad only needs about 35% of the space it's given.

3NkqeCI.png

i76mrxw.png