Elle

LanaBoards 2.0 Suggestions

@Elle Crypto forever Elle... can we please donate to Lanaboards via a bitcoin address? I want to donate but do it anonymously <3. If you need help please let me know and I will help you set it up! There are a lot of videos on youtube, too!

On 10/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, bluechemtrails said:

LanaBoards needs https, at least for login! It's very unsafe to send your password uncrypted over http.

I do not think it is that serious. If someone logs in your account the most that happens if they'll post bad stuff they would post anyway then you can tell moderator its not you

Just now, The Siren said:

Whenever Elle gets around to doing the paid membership section, I think the downloads should move there :true: 

i agree with this :true:

i specifically think it should be the audio + video stuff that moves to the paid membership section though

Spoiler

also i'd kinda love to be able to make + share non-lana masterposts without the threat of getting banned but i'm obviously gonna follow the rules first and foremost :nails::true: 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i already have some ideas

it can be a VIP / Supporter section in General with subsections in it

- General conversation stuff will just be in the main section kinda like how Lana Thoughts is

- Music subsection [additional Music discussion with potential downloads but idk if Elle will bend that rule]

- Games subsection

- I know certain people insist on NSFW stuff so despite my reservations on that it could be added just as an additional pull

also there can be the addition of banners to profiles (like where my pfp says new beautiful it can instead be an image like FOTP does)

also this isn't a VIP suggestion just a general suggestion but I think we should bring non-square pfp's back - I know it's supported under the new software :true:

and maybe the ability for VIP users to upload their own smileys

@Elle

It would be good to see more than just the five recently updated topics. Most of them are from the Music section and have nothing to do with Lana. I always feel like I've missed something important that I didn't randomly picked up.

I really don’t like the idea of restricting content or abilities between paying and non paying members. we should all be able to have the same site/user experience regardless of member status :oprah3: this is a relatively close knit fan community and I think locking things behind a paywall would be very unfair and upsetting 

also yeah a NSFW section, maybe locked/unlocked based on your birthday (not that that would really stop people but just for legal liability), and threads from this section do not show up in the recently updated section. but then again I ask myself, is this really necessary lmfao it’s a Lana fan site…. Just go on Twitter if you wanna discuss that 

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I really don’t like the idea of restricting content or abilities between paying and non paying members. we should all be able to have the same site/user experience regardless of member status :oprah3: this is a relatively close knit fan community and I think locking things behind a paywall would be very unfair and upsetting 

also yeah a NSFW section, maybe locked/unlocked based on your birthday (not that that would really stop people but just for legal liability), and threads from this section do not show up in the recently updated section. but then again I ask myself, is this really necessary lmfao it’s a Lana fan site…. Just go on Twitter if you wanna discuss that 

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

imagine threads only ppl who can afford to read them can access... guillotine!

i think the only threads that should be locked under a paywall are the ones that have nothing to do with lana :true:

and i’m also not talking anything that’s up right now

When your friends say you have to start paying them to be able to read the text messages they sent you :cryney2:

edit: oops I didn’t refresh so ur post didn’t show up before I posted this @the ocean this is not @ u bb :deadbanana: I really don’t think we should have anything restricted behind a paywall tho, regardless of what it is. that’s a slippery slope. it’s important for us to establish what is acceptable/unacceptable **before** any changes are implemented

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think the only threads that should be locked under a paywall are the ones that have nothing to do with lana :true:

and i’m also not talking anything that’s up right now

or you have the option when starting a new thread not lana related that it can be a vip access only…. that would be nice 

giphy.gif

If anybody insists on locked threads why not lock a few for newcomers and if they've stayed for a while and have a good reputation more and more threads unlock? That way trolls have it harder. They usually create accounts to be annoying now, not in a month when the first spicy thread gets unlocked u know...

That'd make sense somehow. Other than that I'm fully against charging the LB members for anything too.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Just now, BlueINK said:

If anybody insists on locked threads why not lock a few for newcomers and if they've stayed for a while and have a good reputation more and more threads unlock? That way trolls have it harder. They usually create accounts to be annoying now, not in a month when the first spicy thread gets unlocked u know...

That'd make sense somehow. Other than that I'm fully against charging the LB members for anything too.

this is a MUCH much better idea than the paywall :true:

also remember how upset people got when Lana deleted her public ig and then only certain people had access to the honeymoon acc, imagine the meltdowns if she asked people to pay to be able to follow her :rollin:

UbsOye5.png

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this is a MUCH much better idea than the paywall :true:

Thanks! I don't know which threads should be open from the start and which ones would only unlock a little later though.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

i actually STRONGLY dislike the idea of having a section of the forum only certain members can view, if they pay for it, not everybody can afford that & i really don't need to feel any sort of exclusion here when it's one of the only few places i can feel like myself & communicate with people... like i know it's not that personal, but knowing there's a part of this forum which only a few people can access because they could afford it really rubs me the wrong way, i don't think it's fair that some people here will be able to feel "exclusive" & have certain benefits when in reality they could be enjoyed by everybody here

also the idea of the audio section/downloads also being restricted is also something i do not agree with :oprah3: i'd assume for most people here, this is the only place they download their leaks from :oprah3:

also this isn't directed towards anybody! just my thoughts! :popcorn:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I can't say I'm a fan of the idea of restrictions for individuals who aren't able to pay. Lanaboards as a community is built on our threads and discussions, and I don't think we should somewhat take that away from people because they don't have the money to donate. It's like when Tumblr introduced that paywall thing for accounts on there. It wasn't needed and it just created unnecessary exclusion. However, if individuals are able to and willing to donate to the site, I think that there could be something that could come with that. It'd just have to be done in a way where it doesn't cause people to be excluded from things on the site that we've previously had access to.

imageproxy.jpg

based on some feedback i think a good supporter feature would be the ability to customize your experience on the site - like more profile customizing, custom smileys, custom theme, etc.

also i think the reputation allowing you to see certain parts of the site is a good idea :true:

like essentially have the lana convo threads + general music thread open for all and then open the other ones once you reach like ~100-150 rep or something

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

like essentially have the lana convo threads + general music thread open for all and then open the other ones once you reach like ~100-150 rep or something

idk if this is really a good idea either bc some people don't post all of the time & some people just want to lurk? it wouldn't be fair for all members bc not everybody is posting multiple times a day, some people just want to lurk & rarely or never post, there'd be no point in having an account if you could never access certain threads based on how many likes you have, that also feels pretty exclusionary

i agree with @Super Movie that there should be some "benefits" for those who donate to the site that aren't directly exclusionary to other users bc they can't afford it, maybe more customization options or more themes, i would feel really frustrated if i knew there was a section of the forum i couldn't interact with or even view because i didn't have the option to pay for it, & we definitely don't need anybody here having any sort of superiority complex because they have access to a certain part of the forum either (not saying anybody we know of would feel this way, but just hypothetically)

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123