Elle

LanaBoards 2.0 Suggestions

Just now, the ocean said:

we collaborated actually :makeup2:

We love it for you, we love it for us, we love for the riiiiiiiiiiiight reasons

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

what about people that use ad blockers though :mj:

they should make an account and post :true:

Omg @Elle make one of those annoying things that pops up saying “It looks like you’re using an adblocker! We use ads to support the site!”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Personally, I'm fine with adding new customization features for the VIP thing. That's something that doesn't seem like a big deal and I feel like wouldn't be too exclusionary or restrictive. I'm just really against making threads at any capacity something for paying members only. 

imageproxy.jpg

okay here’s a more in depth take because i was eating like 5 mins ago. 

im against tiers and reputation points hiding certain threads - i believe this was a feature on ladygaganow and it made the site so hard to become active on because people were reluctant to like posts of newcomers and also i wanted to share fan art but couldn’t for ages because i didn’t have enough rep points for that section. it’s just annoying and makes a forum hard to be active on and enjoy

paying for anything except an ad free experience is a no no for me. i mean, i wouldn’t mind being able to upload your own smileys/have access to exclusive themes as a cute bonus to an ad-free subscription, but having to pay for a vip experience to unlock threads will just kill the site. 

more obscure threads, such as general conversation threads could be unlocked by being active on the site, but that’s only if they really have to be. i still don’t think it’s a great idea. however if it’s introduced, don’t make the Mental Health threads only accessible via a certain method etc :wub:

again, reputation points could unlock cool features to entice people into being active (such as themes, customisation features on the profile i.e. profile picture shape) but none of these features should detract from the site and should only be unnecessary but fun benefits as a reward for being active

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

32 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

im against tiers and reputation points hiding certain threads - i believe this was a feature on ladygaganow and it made the site so hard to become active on because people were reluctant to like posts of newcomers and also i wanted to share fan art but couldn’t for ages because i didn’t have enough rep points for that section. it’s just annoying and makes a forum hard to be active on and enjoy

paying for anything except an ad free experience is a no no for me. i mean, i wouldn’t mind being able to upload your own smileys/have access to exclusive themes as a cute bonus to an ad-free subscription, but having to pay for a vip experience to unlock threads will just kill the site. 

more obscure threads, such as general conversation threads could be unlocked by being active on the site, but that’s only if they really have to be. i still don’t think it’s a great idea. however if it’s introduced, don’t make the Mental Health threads only accessible via a certain method etc :wub:

again, reputation points could unlock cool features to entice people into being active (such as themes, customisation features on the profile i.e. profile picture shape) but none of these features should detract from the site and should only be unnecessary but fun benefits as a reward for being active

this :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

so here’s what i’m thinking:

it would be cool that if you paid, you got an ad free experience, change the website to exclusive themes, upload your own smileys. 

BUT you can also get access to these if based on your reputation points. maybe like,

1000 tier - upload smileys

2000 tier- first tier + access to exclusive website themes

3000 tier- second tier + ad free 

giphy.gif

Just now, bigspender said:

it would be cool that if you paid, you got an ad free experience, change the website to exclusive themes, upload your own smileys. 

BUT you can also get access to these if based on your reputation points. maybe like,

makes me wonder what kind of exclusive bonuses i'd get :tommy:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

i’d do the tiers by 2K or 3K’s but i otherwise agree :true:

Just now, Umaniac said:

Also a thing to keep in mind is that 1-5$ might seem like a small amount for people in the us or Europe but for lots of places in the world it’s A LOT. 

this is definitely a pro towards @bigspender’s tiers idea

if you pay then you get everything but it also gives people who can’t / don’t want to pay the same opportunity :true:

44 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

giphy.gif

I really like this rep points perks concept but that might lead to people spamming to get their rep points up. Idk if mods still have access to the time users have spent online but perks based on your time spent online would be better tbh it would prevent spam to get your rep up and would lead to people visiting this site more which leads to higher adsense, kinda genius tbh :true:

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

I really like this rep points perks concept but that might lead to people spamming to get their rep points up. Idk if mods still have access to the time users have spent online but perks based on your time spent online would be better tbh it would prevent spam to get your rep up and would lead to people visiting this site more which leads to higher adsense, kinda genius tbh :true:

it really is! this is a great idea. 

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, bigspender said:

two-class lanaboards of the future:

1000 tier - you get dubious insider info by @lustforlife

2000 tier - you get approved info by real insiders

:troll: