Elle

LanaBoards 2.0 Suggestions

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i second this! we should start scamming producers but not for songs, just money to keep LBs up and running :popcorn::wub:

Unless they have Crazy for You :true: 

Or maybe we should still scam them for songs and sell them ala musicmafia :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

41 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

well I don’t want to scroll thru someone’s personal collection of 500 irrelevant gifs just to find a smiley that’s been here for years :oprah3:

oh i meant like where you could upload them for yourself and yourself only :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

paid memberships ….. guys we are not that boujee. if you want to help the site then work with elle, help her out, donate. if you want access to leaks and media go to one of the two very very reliable collections. if you want more emotes make a giphy account and a folder for them and just keep it open while you’re on LB. emote updates would be wonderful because some are pretty old but we don’t need a higher volume that we have now imo. this is just LB, new extra features take time, work, and money to implement. it is much much easier just to be creative and do it on your own:agree:

sUcVobB.png

I'm down to pay 5$-ish a month to get rid of the ads and randomly donate money throughout the year to add to my tax return papers :lanahairflip:

I love the new banner idea, makes me think this thread’s being read :oic:

for some other ideas, I think it’d be really good to have a page bookmarking system. For mods and reg users. Mods can highlight specific pages where they might feel is important news-wise, while users can personally bookmark pages they find funny significant to them etc. 

It’d be great if we had another module for hot topics themselves. We have new topics and recently updated, but i think the site would benefit from having recent hot topics bc sometimes the recently updated threads have little to nothing related to what everyone’s talking about and it can break flow. 

For expanding the forum, I’d also love it if we as a forum could come up w creative projects, like lyric videos, merch designs and so on that we could have uploaded online as official lanaboards creative projects. 
I already created a dream merch thread and love coming up w things (manifested my pink n pearl vinyl thru it:justride2:) but also think it’d be great if we could contact their team to be able to design merch for us to be able to officially buy etc.

but also, it’d be great bc I know as a forum we have a lot of creative able people and I think it’d be great for everyone to spread and hone their art. 

this might be a more fanciful idea, but i’d love to have more community games be on the forefront. I really dislike bringing attention to myself, but I do remember when things started getting dark w the pandemic and even before, I made game threads for others to be able to be more lighthearted, so I think it’d boost user morale and creativity as well as promote site use & camaraderie more. 
I’d love if we had some sort of hogwarts houses w album houses and have a yearly competition or something to promote a healthy game atmosphere. Winners get to add a specific emoji or even have real input on a new Lanaboards album theme/ non-overreaching but still meaningful perks like that. 

I’d like to have other lipster categories included that aren’t as manic sounding/ other categories that highlight other site use categories. 

I’d also like to say, and i know this, as the first person on here to really use videos as spoiler sigs, it’d be nice to somehow have the lb theme pages be able to ref/link Lana’s videos/ ofc LDR gif banners

Looking out for my mod queue brothers and sisters, I think it’d also be great to just have mod queues limit their affectivity on specific threads rather the entire input of the site. And have the queue pardoned for special lanaboards events/times. Seeing how I missed special times bc of what people just casually do now, I wouldn’t want anyone else feeling left out under those circumstances. 

also for those who’re reading this, solidify ur lanaboards identity a little more w the yearbook thread :oic:

UV/Honeymoon

21 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

for some other ideas, I think it’d be really good to have a page bookmarking system. For mods and reg users. Mods can highlight specific pages where they might feel is important news-wise, while users can personally bookmark pages they find funny significant to them etc. 

Ooh I really like this idea :nails: originally I was thinking maybe a small blurb of page numbers at the bottom of the screen similar to the “recently browsing” user list, but I think maybe a table of contents type thing might work better? Example:

Imaginary Pre-Release Thread (click to expand)

OP ……..1

Lana shares album cover on Instagram ………… 382

First single announced ……… 600

Single and MV dropped ……… 889

Pre order announced ……….1203

New merch discovered in website code …… 1551

My Bookmarks (click to expand) 

funny post I like ….. 23

instagram analysis …… 400

gifgate ……. 837

etc :nails:

I suppose we could already formulate OPs this way, but I was thinking maybe a drop down menu when you click “page X of Y” up at the top right underneath the “jump to (enter page number)” bar. A mod will add the official thread ones like above and then you can add your own which are kept in a separate/private list

UbsOye5.png

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

Ooh I really like this idea :nails: originally I was thinking maybe a small blurb of page numbers at the bottom of the screen similar to the “recently browsing” user list, but I think maybe a table of contents type thing might work better? Example:

OP ……..1

funny post I like ….. 23

gifgate ……. 837

I suppose we could already formulate OPs this way, but I was thinking maybe a drop down menu when you click “page X of Y” up at the top right underneath the “jump to (enter page number)” bar. A mod will add the official thread ones like above and then you can add your own which are kept in a separate/private list

this is such a good idea @Diamantes :oprah:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

19 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

OP ……..1

funny post I like ….. 23

gifgate ……. 837

yesssss the blurbs :gclap:exactly the page number feature for the go to page's 

UV/Honeymoon

Okay this will be my last post in here for a while I promise sorry for causing drama :krylie: but I would love a theme design contest each era (anonymous submissions) and we vote for a winner. It would be a good compromise because we’d have a say in the themes and I’d imagine custom themes for individual users is a probably more work than it’s worth

UbsOye5.png

On 3/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, BartenderDeco said:

i dont think the time active idea is good, because someone could just keep their computer on overnight and they'd get an extra 8 hours

i wonder if theres a way to like check for inactivity? and stop counting if something isnt clicked/moved after x amount of time

On 3/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, the ocean said:

@Elle i know this is not your top priority but is it possible to bring back the time spent feature? or has it been completely phased out by the forum software 

i remember when it was here, idk which but the first or second most active member was banned:toofunny:

negAbhB.png

7 minutes ago, violets4roses said:

a weekly limit for everyone for new thread creations would be smart. 

I came here to comment the exact same thing. Or perhaps mandatory review/approval by mods of every new thread application to avoid spam? lol