Elle

Lanaboards 2.0 Suggestions

I think what concerns me is that for the last couple of years people have asked for a lot of things (especially new themes that were supposed to be put in since NFR ) but i don't really ever see them  be implemented; idk if its a lack of manpower or if those suggestions are just not able to be implemented in the first place due to Invision 

Just now, TRENCH said:

I think what concerns me is that for the last couple of years people have asked for a lot of things (especially new themes that were supposed to be put in since NFR ) but i don't really ever see them  be implemented; idk if its a lack of manpower or if those suggestions are just not able to be implemented in the first place due to Invision 

i actually did some research yesterday and i think it's the first thing (and maybe also just not having enough time since everyone has day jobs & needs to sleep nn)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

is there anyway to make it so that gifs don't have to have a miniscule file size to be made a profile pic?

unfortunately, I don’t think so. however, you can go on ezgif and compress the gif and change the dimensions and that drastically changes the file size without losing too much quality

Hey y'all. I have a suggestion. My suggestion calls for a possible even more restricted version of the ignore list that won't even give you the temptation to open someone's posts when you see them. I love this website, and I really don't want to leave, but I feel upset and angry sometimes and under attack by certain members constantly. I would really love if the ignore list could remove that option to open up someone's posts when you're viewing a thread. I also think this option would bring a lot of people back. Hope that makes sense. @Elle @cinnamongirI @ultrabanisters @fishtails 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 hours ago, Fingertips said:

My suggestion calls for a possible even more restricted version of the ignore list that won't even give you the temptation to open someone's posts when you see them.

What you are describing isn't possible on the Invision forum software. The only thing that might be of help is a browser extension that disables html commands, but that would greatly reduce the forums usability to you.

Once you place someone on your ignore list, it's up to you to not engage and practise self control. If users are causing you grief you can report the posts or you could consider logging off.

3lfQEhw.png

3 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

What you are describing isn't possible on the Invision forum software. The only thing that might be of help is a browser extension that disables html commands, but that would greatly reduce the forums usability to you.

Once you place someone on your ignore list, it's up to you to not engage and practise self control. If users are causing you grief you can report the posts or you could consider logging off.

Thanks

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

What if there was 2 teams of mods? A smaller more focused group, maybe of OG mods, who can safely discern what content is suitable for the Major topics, and a second team more focused on Rule enforcement in other parts of the site, like Music for example? Maybe it could be less burdensome to our new mods?

On 3/13/2023 at 5:44 PM, Veinsineon said:

What if there was 2 teams of mods? A smaller more focused group, maybe of OG mods, who can safely discern what content is suitable for the Major topics, and a second team more focused on Rule enforcement in other parts of the site, like Music for example? Maybe it could be less burdensome to our new mods?

ooh i like this idea. separate teams being focused on certain areas would reduce their stress. ESPECIALLY with the Pre-release thread discource.

im all for this :hooker:

I miss when I could see if/when people I follow are online. :poordat: I don't really see the point of following users anymore. Is it possible to bring it back, or did it go away for all eternity after the big update? :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Is it possible to change the forum theme? There is poor contrast with the background and light text in the header/footer areas.

Edited by smoledman
added more detail

7 minutes ago, smoledman said:

Is it possible to change the forum theme? There is poor contrast with the background and light text in the header/footer areas.

if you scroll to the bottom of the webpage you can click on “themes” to bring up a drop-down menu of some options! other than those any other changes would probably require browser extensions 

sUcVobB.png

59 minutes ago, jamesss said:

PLEASE add the ability to add images directly from camera roll. i HATEEEEEE having to go through imgbb everytime. 

Yeah same, I kinda hate that :horror2: I can easily add my pfp by uploading but not with commenting

url%5D

6 hours ago, jamesss said:

PLEASE add the ability to add images directly from camera roll. i HATEEEEEE having to go through imgbb everytime. 

Hosting images natively likely adds cost. Another message board I used to post on had image upload limits, so users couldn’t spam upload, but it forced you to only upload smaller images or routinely delete old ones. 

I personally don’t mind not having the ability to upload images. It would probably get unintentionally spammy if everyone could “instantly” upload images. This board is pretty clean the way it is without images clogging up threads. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879