Elle

LanaBoards 2.0 Suggestions

Just popping in to say ~controversially~ that I prefer the followers option - it was always kinda awkward when some random added me as their friend and I had literally never spoken to them before (and definitely vis-versa SORRY). :awkney:

Plus it's fun to win people over with mutual respect. Gotta catch 'em all!

3lfQEhw.png

1 hour ago, Venice said:

I don't really love the followers option either (I prefer/miss the friends!) but otherwise it looks like at least the issue with the about me video insert has been figured out, at least I can see it working just fine on your profile :) 

ditto! I'm not quite sure at the moment, but thanks yeah! I might just b having trouble adding text to it, and positioning content, so just mentioning it just in case here. imma try again hahahahahahaha, but thank ya! (: 

UV/Honeymoon

37 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Just popping in to say ~controversially~ that I prefer the followers option - it was always kinda awkward when some random added me as their friend and I had literally never spoken to them before (and definitely vis-versa SORRY). :awkney:

Plus it's fun to win people over with mutual respect. Gotta catch 'em all!

I get what ur saying but there was always an approve option from before, and I always thought likes would sorta signify that kind of purpose, more or less. Idk how the website's going to possibly expand, I just kinda liked the more homey and community-based feel the option had, each their own tho, each their own

UV/Honeymoon

I'm just gonna pop in to suggest a plain/imageless theme. I find the current ones with the large background images a little distracting and I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make a simple, neutral-colored one available.

Edit: Can we also get the option to turn off notifications when we receive likes on posts? I don't want my notifications clogged with all of that.

7 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

it was always kinda awkward when some random added me as their friend and I had literally never spoken to them before (and definitely vis-versa SORRY). :awkney:

:hdu: THIS BETTA NOT HAVE BEEN DIRECTED AT ME OR ELSE I will quietly die on the inside thank u.

I have an issue when I’m on the site with my phone. every time I try to enter In a thread it doesn’t start from the last post I read but from the beginning and it’s so frustrating cause I lose a lot of posts from people and I have to look over to hundreds of pages 

I think it'd be great to have pinned posts on threads, so we're all just at the same time updated on current news/info every once in a while. I think someone already mentioned that there was an issue on continuing reading the thread from where they last visited on mobile, but I honestly find it a bit trickier to do so on here too. miss the most recent post preview feature as well. 

There's been that lag that everyone's been mentioning, but I guess it's more on traffic so it can't really be helped.. 

might be far off if anything but. 
would the chat feature becoming back? 

maybe we can have like a survey option or something on how the site's been. furthering it, more forum group games/missions or something. I already made a thread, dream box set, those threads for dropping ideas, but would there be a way to be able to positively communicate w her team to see them etc. ? some of us have ideas that could expand the Lana brand, and help perpetuate it, so it'd be nice and ultra fancy schmancy if we got to bridge that somehow. 

the twitter/social media widget (?) from before was also pretty nice at how it kept social media updates just right there, like. one source one feed that was convenient. 

do we have like, a list of banned users or a ways of finding out just site news or something? since the update, it's been a bit confusing on who still visits the site, who doesn't, and who can't. I know there's an entire subsection for the site and updates, but it'd be nice to have some kind of widget(?) or however it's called on the main page. like, a header of some sort or something. 

and I know how this is like, the mod to user communication thread, but I was thinking it'd be great to have some kind of option where users can make content for the site, to be used etc. (emoticons, themes, templates(?)) 

UV/Honeymoon

been saying this for a while but there should be some kind of post pinning system that lets u bookmark official news. bc sometimes, for the casual user it's usually checking towards the end of thread to see if anything happened. if we had pinned/highlighted pages, it'd just direct others to objective news. ooh or that banner idea that I mentioned. 

cus then people just argue and then it's messy and it's fun to watch sometimes but da da da da 

if people are genuinely allowed to argue then it'd also be nice to just enjoy the moment and I think having the site be able to compartmentalize that not just for users, but have everything organized/ work better as whole would save so much time and make things less tense. 

UV/Honeymoon