leaked_version

Producers for new Lana album

Ok guys,

every now and then we go back and forth: who should produce Lana's next album (that is hopefully a biT more engaging than Comamoon). So, who do you want?

Very often we see: Emile Haynie or Dan Auerbach. Depending on where you stand musically. Or even Mark Ronson who is now way too attached to that other female releasing an album soon.

Hardly anybody mentions Rick Nowels, who has become resident producer. 

Many of us were not entirely satisfied with the production and lyrics on the last record. So who would be the right person? Feel free to bring in new names aside from the ones mentioned above.

Rick Nowels is definitely capable of creating some nice sounds for Lana, and has done so before, but lately the two are a match made in the seventh layer of hell.

I'd really like to see Dan Auerbach return; if not for UV 2.0, I'm sure they'd create something just as great and fresh.

Paul Epworth

He's worked with the likes of crystal castles,adele and F+TM. He is fantastic in my opinion. He's worked in so many genres of music. Paul could potentially bring something new to the table for Lana. Something fresh and exciting...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I wanna hear more of Justin Parker considering he's on the credits of two of Lana's best songs (in my opinion) Video Games and Born to Die. I also want her to work with Chris Braide again and to continue working with Dan Heath- his orchestrals are beautiful. I like Emile but I feel like some of the production on BTD was a bit overdone

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

If I am not mistaken, another album with Lana and Dan is rather unlikely. He really hated Interscope for making it so hard for him being the producer of UV. They basically didn't want to pay for the sessions. I doubt he wants to go through the same crap again with them.

does anyone know how much longer lana is with interscope? like they are the worst and lana doesnt need a label?

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

@@leaked_version that's interesting. I wonder what Lana's relationship is like with interscope is like currently. I read articles about how much of a struggle it was to get Ultraviolence made but recently she's been to events praising the label

Well, she was interviewed last year on the red carpet and said that they handle everything perfectly for her, but who knows (I doubt it's a relationship based on love) and it ain't really on topic for this conversation since you know, maybe homegirl needs another producer.

Also- Does anyone know who exactly is involved in new music from Lana? Like through IG posts, tweets, hints, articles, candids, etc. Even other artists Lanas been affiliated with lately. That would give us a good start on what to expect for the upcoming material!

Rick Nowels.

They're literally the best major label by leaps and bounds....

really? i read a lot of really bad stuff on interscope just like on universal and sony. warner isn't great bc they have no budged to its literally like an indie label in case of funding someone's projects. but let's not forget lana's under vertigo/universal in germany and they were making an extra effort so release more singles than interscope.

but to stay on topic. I'd really love to hear a Justin Parker Song again.

i76mrxw.png 

I also wanna know who the fuck approved the line in Freak "looking back, my past, it all seems STRANGER THAN A STRANGER"

The people who approved of HM as a whole should get fired.

i76mrxw.png 

The people who approved of HM as a whole should get fired.

Realistically Interscope only approved Honeymoon because they were surprised by the success of Ultraviolence (considering how they hated it) and because Lana had total creative control on that record they took a gamble doing the same with Honeymoon. I'm sure they hated honeymoon even more than they hated Ultraviolence but they expected the stans to carry the sales. But honeymoon flopped commercially considering Lana did no promotion and now we can't have the budget for nice music videos :)

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif