leaked_version

Producers for new Lana album

I'd love for her to work with The Flight or The Rural again.

Second this, along with David Khane. TF&TR are my two favourite unreleased producers.

I also would be interested to see a second album with Dan Auerbach.

with me tbh LjnJTEJ.png

I second this as well :creep:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I honestly don't care who she works for, the fact is Lana has great taste and the final product will be perfect, she could work with Pitbull and I'd probably still love what they come up with in the end.

And it has Kanye West on it. Bring us Dr Luke!!! The intergalactic possibilities!  :oprah2:

"Wanna be a victim, ready for abduction

Boy, you're an alien, your touch so foreign
Its supernatural, extraterrestrial"

:oprah2:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Kanye, but I think many ppl just lost patience with him. Not only because of his rants, but also after the whole Anti-fiasco with Rihanna. 

While I understand people being uncomfortable with Rick Nowels after Honeymoon, I'll point out that she was listed as lead writer and PRODUCER on HM, which does imply a "yes-man" role for Rick (or that he wants to put the blame for commercial returns squarely on LDR). However, I prefer to think of him as being devoted to translating her vision for a song as faithfully as possible. It doesn't mean he and Kieron didn't supply her with ideas. Other than that I hope he's encouraging her to get better at whatever musical techniques she relied on before she worked with producers (e.g., guitar, garageband, a cappella recording) to communicate with producers. I'll also mention that there is a breed of singer/songwriter that is self-produced (Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Catpower) and maybe LDR is evolving that way. On the other hand working with producers is probably what taught her the most and would continue teaching her stuff, so perhaps a compromise would be for her to revisit and finish off her older stuff with logical producers (as Lizzy Grant or May Jailer) while simultaneously developing however she likes (as Lana del Rey). 

I'm encouraged by her saying the next one is "in the same aesthetic" (musically) as HM, as it lowers everybody's expectations, which is in contrast to her previously saying HM was going to be like BTD, which I think she knows really backfired for her (given nobody agreed with her). Lowering expectations is reasonable if she wants to stay non-mainstream. However, I do believe she's going to do just what she wants on the next one, as she always does.

The label issue: I'm wondering if her stance with Interscope is something very provisional as in an album-by-album basis, given she's exerting the creative control she does on her records. Something like: "you want another album from me?" and they say "sure". I mean if they're not promoting her expensively why should they care to lock her in to multi-record deal, and if she wants to exert creative control why should she want a multi-record deal? I mean it's not like there aren't independent labels out there she could move to for a next album. But maybe I'm just naive.

We should start posting some examples of production work on here, since some of the producers mentioned in this thread, I have to admit, I am not familiar with.

It is true, that there aren't many female producers out there. It is hard to compare Kate and Tori with Lana. The first two were absolutely nuts in the studio and going all out during their hey-days, while quite ironically Lana sounds waaaay to comfortable on Honeymoon. I remember Boys For Pele still vividly, there is no pop album by a major female artist that sounds anything like it. The first album Tori produced on her own. Kate was the first female and the second artist overall to use samples in her music. 

Most importantly, these two are trained musicians, while Lana isn't. I can totally see her heading towards being the main producer on every album that she will release, because you never go back once you started doing it. However, she clearly needs guidance, since homegirl has a tendency of drowning her own albums with a pace that makes you lose interest and without the actual song being remotly interesting (see on Honeymoon, but even on BTD and UV there were moments where she was losing me). 

She needs to learn how to shape a record. A good helping hand is needed, but the producer won't write her songs, so she needs a kick in the ass before she starts recording.

She can be very happy she met Dan Auerbach by accident. We all know how the demo of West Coat sounded, which ended up being the German Radio Edit. Instead of firing Rick's ass after hearing how Dan turned that song into something sonically spectacular, she went on recording her next album with the same guy who did that bland, uninspired version.

Just image the whole UV album sounding like it
:oprah2:

Lana, go back to Dan.

I don't mind if she keeps working with Rick tbh, as long as she gets a good producer to add a bit of oomph to the songs they work on.

Like @@leaked_version mentioned, West Coast is a fantastic song that was written with Rick, but what made the song really stand out was Dan's production. So I think if she keeps writing with Rick and getting him to produce demos that's fine by me, but she needs someone else to come along and really bring the song to life.

I just watched the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon trailers again and :flutter: :flutter: I wonder how an ldr5 trailer will look like :flutter:

Maybe it won't have a filter! Hopefully, She works with somebody who ignites the fire or muse. I think it would be gpic to have a mesh of her past styles with a new one for some really interesting songs

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif