evalionisameme

Avril Lavigne

10 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I don't understand why it's so underrated. I agree, Rock N Roll is still a daily listen to me. Hello Heartache, Give you what you like &Β Bad Girl (that I now feel bad for listening to) were alwaysΒ top Avril songs to me. They scream the end of school for me because it came out as I graduatedΒ :defeated:

Speaking of her self titled album, it sends me how Bad Girl featuring Marilyn Manson on the tracklist is immediately followed by Hello Kitty :toofunny:Β the drastic change in sound is funny

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

13 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

She's fallen into the pit of having short songs with no bridges like so many pop punk artists right now.

this is so fucking funny to me bc Punk itself has always been a short genre

19 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4jUAn4mBt4LBsRREJkeCSr?si=SZUks_0sS7Gvx3dI4UPIOQ&utm_source=copy-link

Β 

Nice! And the album cover is here!Β 

Girls/women sitting with legs open is such a power pose.Β 

I love her use of colour this era. I think this suits the title of the album too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyhhuCOkP_8GxrBTV-O5A

Β 

Fantastic new songΒ 

Β 

Amazing album coverΒ 

Hikaru UtadaΒ β€’ BANKSΒ β€’ Rina SawayamaΒ β€’ Aly & AJΒ β€’ MARINAΒ β€’ BjΓΆrkΒ β€’ Kate BushΒ β€’ Marion RavnΒ β€’ Carly Rae JepsenΒ β€’
Hilary DuffΒ β€’ Charli XCXΒ β€’ The CardigansΒ β€’ MitskiΒ β€’ Phoebe BridgersΒ β€’ Allie XΒ β€’ Caroline PolachekΒ β€’ Meg & Dia β€’Β Dia FramptonΒ β€’ Olivia LufkinΒ β€’Β PoppyΒ β€’ GrimesΒ β€’ Melanie MartinezΒ β€’ Lana Del ReyΒ β€’ Bat for LashesΒ β€’ Ayumi HamasakiΒ Β β€’ Paramore β€’ Hayley WilliamsΒ β€’Β Evanescence/Amy LeeΒ β€’ ACOΒ β€’ LIGHTSΒ β€’ Alexz JohnsonΒ β€’ Avril LavigneΒ β€’ FlorrieΒ β€’ Flyleaf/Lacey SturmΒ β€’ Tove LoΒ β€’ Sky Ferreira β€’ HANAΒ β€’ DaineΒ β€’ FoxesΒ β€’ CHVRCHESΒ β€’ Lorde

12 hours ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

But as far as I remember, she has never done songsΒ as shortΒ as these ones, maybe with the exception of Contagious. But her first two albums'Β songs ranged in 2:50-4:00 average, which in my opinion usually makes a song more enjoyable than if it lasts 1:50 (apparently one isΒ thatΒ short :toofunny:)

Anyways, I'm still intrigued by the era. We'll see when the album drops.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 1/14/2022 at 9:03 PM, tt1pdvinyl said:

I compared it to the lengths of her other albums and it's definitelyΒ unusual for her. But yes,Β now more than ever, she's influenced by other punk artists in the industry, and working with more of them too so thats clearly why.

Lights Out (Avril Vox)Β and Half Full leaked. I am 5 seconds intoΒ Half Full and it sounds so TBDT (vocals and production) and AHHHHHH I NEEDED THIS

Apparently "Let's Get Weird" is gonna be the next one to leak. With her two recent eras (HAW and LS)Β she seems to get some leak hype

Β 

^ ok this is out too nowΒ https://onlyfiles.io/f/ac5066b8bee84b3b86f0fe6ac81fc0bc

Edited by Desert lamp

On 1/23/2022 at 11:44 AM, Desert lamp said:

Lights Out (Avril Vox)Β and Half Full leaked. I am 5 seconds intoΒ Half Full and it sounds so TBDT (vocals and production) and AHHHHHH I NEEDED THIS

Apparently "Let's Get Weird" is gonna be the next one to leak. With her two recent eras (HAW and LS)Β she seems to get some leak hype

Β 

^ ok this is out too nowΒ https://onlyfiles.io/f/ac5066b8bee84b3b86f0fe6ac81fc0bc

Did you have links for the other two? :)

j14CYJi.png

Spoiler

listening rn, i’ll edit this post and leave my reviews as the album goes on.

Β 

1. Cannonball - I didn’t like the beginning of this song and i don’t think i particularly care for how her voice sounds during this song.Β 

Β 

2. Bois Lie - I’m not sure if this leak is like bad quality or something but the mixing sounds weird? i like the melody and stuff but i can’t stand random men singing on good songs and ruining it because i think MGK sounds incredibly out of place and just unattractive to the ears…

Β 

3. Bite Me - a serve, a fucking serve on a golden plate

Β 

4. Love it When You Hate Me - again with these unnecessary male features who’s voice doesn’t sound good on the song…. i also imagine this song playing on Phineas and Ferb.Β 
Β 

5. Love Sux - this one sounds likeΒ something off Under My Skin mixed with the Best Damn Thing (magnumΒ opus) so i like it but it’s not my favorite. ANOTHER random male voice that adds nothing to the song tho… all im really wanting from this album this far in, is a really sad bop on I’m with You level.Β 

Β 

6. Kiss Me Like the World Is Ending - LOVE this one so far! The production is nice and i love those glidey synths in the chorus, and her pretty head voice harmonies in the bridge.Β 

Β 

7. Avalanche - I think her voice sounds a little weird in this but it’s closer to the sad bop i was wanting. and I don’t like the way she says avalanche. I’m also writing these as I listen so if my opinion changes a little throughout each song that’s why. the production on this one is nice.Β 

Β 

8. Deja Vu - very Let Go of her but what’s with the random english accent on some words? i know she has a canadian accent but i listen to plenty of canadian artists and it makes the song sound a little silly to me… this song isn’t bad but i don’t think it would be my go to for this album. i can see it getting stuck in my head. i’m also not fond of these weird stereo spread on the guitars playing differently in different ears all around the album. I do appreciate how the lyrics are very different from what a lot of people write these days. it’s not overly technological or modern.

Β 

9. F.U. - I really like this one. nothing really bad to say about it. THIS one will definitely get stuck in my head. it also might be favorite on the album if the next three songs don’t pull through.

Β 

10. All I Wanted - starts out again with those guitars i was talking about in deja vuΒ :defeated:Β i have a few issues with this song already. it sounds like she’s singing in fast motion i don’t like.Β i don’t know who mark hopped is but his voice is like…… not pleasant. it sounds like he’s giving no energy and is being outshone by avril and it’s just not that good.

Β 

11. Dare to Love Me - FUCK Β the way this one started. so beautiful. THIS is what i was w a i t i n g for. This one is my favorite and F.U. is a close second. I also really like her projective vocals in the back very clear during the bridge.Β 

Β 

12. Break of a Heartache - Last song whew! I don’t like the beginning and that really ruins the song for me :/ the song though is very good and catchy,

Β 

Β 

my final thoughts and review:

Β 

🟑🟑🟑βšͺ️βšͺ️

3/5

It had its good highs but bad lows. I don’t find a lot of replay value in these songs either. there were only two songs i think i would actually occasionally listen to but i think miss girl had an opportunity during the age of tik tok and didn’t take it :/ by that, i mean everyone loves old school stuff at the moment and adding these random artists who won’t be around or popular in a few years is really… interesting.Β 

Β 

BEST SONGS: Dare to Love Me, F.U., & Kiss Me Like the World is Ending

WORST SONGS: Cannonball, Bois Suck, & All I Wanted

disclaimer: these are just my personal opinions and thoughts on the album so pls don’t come for me if you don’t agree :’)

giphy.gif

I love this it. No boring tracks. Despite some cringey,Β emo, and basic-ass lines lines (typical Avril, but I still love her <3 - or maybe it's the intention?) I love the energy of this album. Some parts of it sound like female blink-182 (sorry I can't find better term for itΒ :toofunny:) because of Travis Baker's drumming. I'm not really into the people she's featuring with (except Mark Hoppus), but whatever. It's still pretty damn goodΒ :heart:

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

the best damn thing teas

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

kiss me like the workd is ending is the best track by far

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β