evalionisameme

Avril Lavigne

I saw a few people dragging the title track for being childish but it's a bop tbh. So funย 

โœง ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ก๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ž, ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•™๐•–๐•’๐••ย โœง

i agree that the lyrics are cringeyย and itโ€™s definitely a weakย albumย butย people have been begging avrilย to channel her old selfย for ages soย i donโ€™t blame her for trying to sound like a teen. the poorย writing and repetitiveness is what ruins it for me. i will always think that under my skin is her most authenticย era but iโ€™m happy sheโ€™s tryingย to give old fans what theyโ€™ve been asking forย 

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

I love how fun and upbeat it is, the perfect continuation to TBDT

Hikaru Utadaย โ€ข BANKSย โ€ข Rina Sawayamaย โ€ข Aly & AJย โ€ข MARINAย โ€ข Bjรถrkย โ€ข Kate Bushย โ€ข Marion Ravnย โ€ข Carly Rae Jepsenย โ€ข
Hilary Duffย โ€ข Charli XCXย โ€ข The Cardigansย โ€ข Mitskiย โ€ข Phoebe Bridgersย โ€ข Allie Xย โ€ข Caroline Polachekย โ€ข Meg & Dia โ€ขย Dia Framptonย โ€ข Olivia Lufkinย โ€ขย Poppyย โ€ข Grimesย โ€ข Melanie Martinezย โ€ข Lana Del Reyย โ€ข Bat for Lashesย โ€ข Ayumi Hamasakiย ย โ€ข Paramore โ€ข Hayley Williamsย โ€ขย Evanescence/Amy Leeย โ€ข ACOย โ€ข LIGHTSย โ€ข Alexz Johnsonย โ€ข Avril Lavigneย โ€ข Florrieย โ€ข Flyleaf/Lacey Sturmย โ€ข Tove Loย โ€ข Sky Ferreira โ€ข HANAย โ€ข Daineย โ€ข Foxesย โ€ข CHVRCHESย โ€ข Lorde

I love the album! No downfalls imo. I can't wait to keep listening. I'm thinking it's better than HAW and Goodbye Lullaby, but maybe not quite as good as her first 3, so I guess in league with self titled. We'll see :)

i especially love Cannonball and Love Sux. F.U. is also a great one. The instrumental sounds straight off MGKs album.ย 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, Ultra Violet said:

This is bad news :(

33/12=2.75

She's fallen into the pit of having short songs with no bridges like so many pop punk artists right now. I think this means a few will be like that on the album.ย 

ย 

So the short song thing didn't bother me at all like I thought it would, in fact I think it really added to the speed and powerย of this album! Then the last song as under 2 minutes really does work. She really did it!ย :spin:

So now we have the Love Sux album and she's confirmed a deluxe edition plus possible second albums worth of songs; I took a look back at the confirmed tracks to see which ones we still haven't heard.

ย 

Love Sux:

Spoiler

ย 

01. Cannonball

02. Bois Lie (ft. Machine Gun Kelly)

03. Bite Me

04. Love It When You Hate Me (ft. blackbear)

05. Love Sux

06. Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending

07. Avalanche

08. Deja Vu

09. F.U.

10. All I Wanted (ft. Mark Hoppus)

11. Dare To Love Me

12. Break Of A Heartache

ย 

ย 

leftovers from the Love Sux sessions:

Spoiler

ย 

01. Burn Out

02. Californyeah! (ft. Mod Sun)

03. Dancing With A Hurricane

04. Eternally

05. Hellelujah

06. Joker

07. Liar

08. Me, Myself & I

09. Pity Party

10. Take My Break

ย 

ย 

It was rumoured that 3 new tracks would be included on the upcoming deluxe version, it's not confirmed if this is new material (as she has been seen recording lately) or leftovers from the original sessions.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, sack said:

i agree that the lyrics are cringeyย and itโ€™s definitely a weakย albumย butย people have been begging avrilย to channel her old selfย for ages soย i donโ€™t blame her for trying to sound like a teen. the poorย writing and repetitiveness is what ruins it for me. i will always think that under my skin is her most authenticย era but iโ€™m happy sheโ€™s tryingย to give old fans what theyโ€™ve been asking forย 

ย 

imo she's never really good @ writing lyrics. I want someone who's actually good at it to help her but I guess that's not really "authentic"ย 

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

5 hours ago, LanaDelEye said:

ย 

imo she's never really good @ writing lyrics. I want someone who's actually good at it to help her but I guess that's not really "authentic"ย 

ย 

i agree. itโ€™s laughableย that she said the songwriting of this album isย really strong, to me itโ€™sย some of the worstย writing sheโ€™s ever done.ย i appreciate that she writes her own music but her lyrics peaked with theย first 3 albums and i think she could use some help now

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

6 hours ago, sack said:

ย 

i agree. itโ€™s laughableย that she said the songwriting of this album isย really strong, to me itโ€™sย some of the worstย writing sheโ€™s ever done.ย i appreciate that she writes her own music but her lyrics peaked with theย first 3 albums and i think she could use some help now

fr her older lyrics sound much more mature

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

omw listening to LOVE SUX

sharing my feelings about it later later since this is one of my most anticicipated projects of the yearย :byeh8rs:

@WHORE OF TROPICO ย  โ‡จ ย  @SALVAWHOREย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon โ€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

ย 

This album is so good. I could even call it level with Under My Skin and TBDT. The only thing it's missing (and that's not a bad thing because this album is already good enough)is that feel of desolation/isolation that early 2000s rock songs gave. Idk if I could explain it well, but she had that in songs like Nobody's Home, Fall to Pieces, and several others. (Edit, avalanche has it in the verses! Yay) Some newer songs have it too, like 11 Minutes by Yungblud & Halsey.ย 

ย 

Love Sux has to be in my top 5 avril songs tho, and that's a huge deal.ย 

Are we ever getting the Bois Lie music video?!

ย 

Also feel the singles run on this album could be insane:

ย 

01. Bite Me

02. Bois Lie (ft. Machine Gun Kelly)

03. F.U.

04. Avalanche