grabmebymyribbons

Stranger Things

i know i'm so late to the party (even my mom was like: 'you still haven't seen STRANGER THINGS'?) but i was sick few days ago and stayed at home and watched the whole season on netflix

actually i thought it would be better, like muuuch better, since everybody was talking about it. after two episodes i turned off tv. but i gave it another chance and after three episodes i couldn't stop watching (thank god it has only 8 episodes)

i love aesthetics - 80s, music, clothes, colours... everything! i also love some characters - Barb (so sad she was in like 2 episodes), Jonathan, Dustin and Lucas

what i don't like is - idk i feel like the show would be better if there would be ONLY secret lab mystery or ONLY horror monster, i think both is quite too much

and how could Nancy choose Steve?! Jonathan is waaay better - not only he looks better but also he's not a total duche...

i also don't like Eleven :shh:

i love everything about this.  :smokes:

i'm glad someone finally doesn't like ELEVEN ...  :hooker:

i feel like her character is pointless... and her presence just explains too many things just like that. without her the show would be more interesting/mysterious because all the things Eleven told us we'd have to deducate ourselves

nsaalk.jpg

Goonies meet Stand By Me with a supernatural twist.

if anyone has the OST, hmu with a link

..meet Twin Peaks' small town romance and mysteries, The X-Files' monsters and conpiracy, and The Americans wigs and commie

lɯʇɥ˙ǝlıɟ/o3nbʞdʞu/ʌ/ɯoɔ˙ǝɹɐɥsʎddız˙91ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ

lɯʇɥ˙ǝlıɟ/bɔ4ƃdɐǝp/ʌ/ɯoɔ˙ǝɹɐɥsʎddız˙89ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ

steve > jonathan, all the fucking way

Here comes the Joncy vs Stancy :bitchfight:

No one ships Jonste??

plottwist Jon Harrington is the upside down of Kit Stark :hdu:

Jon or Steeee~ve, who would it be

I walk alone, I'm stranger things

@Sucker ask Aurora to sing stranger version of RWTW :creep:

Go row the bike to stranger grounds

But don't you know we're stranger now

Will's heart still beats and his skin still feels

his lungs still breathe, his mind still fears

But we're running out of time

All the Eggos in my mind cry

There's blood on your eyes

The gates's open wide

There is nowhere for you to hide

The Demogorgon's coming

:creep: :creep: :creep: :creep:

Jonathan aka Charlie Heaton = Alfie Allen + Norman Reedus + Harry Styles + Bill Hader + Leo

Yall is talkin bot El and Barb, but whattabout the Demogorgons u guiiisee..

what if they're just scared babies, confused mothers, desperate lovers--misunderstood by their physical appearance?

in the land of Demogorgons,

i was an angel

live in the garden of upside down

screwed up, scared,

doin stranger things that i needed

'gorgons, standing in front of your gate

Jonathan tellls me to wait

but I can't wait to meet you

:creep: :creep: :creep: :creep:

the plot-theory of Dems being subjects to tests gone wrong, is plausible, imo

When it first came on, the scene of El first outta the woods (behind the diner) reminds me of this:

apparently stoic, cutesy, albeit creepy 10yos with buzzcut, fit the Hollywood profile of government experiment creature mutant android alien things

Eleven = Natalie Portman (Leon aka The Professionals, Vendetta) + Ivana Baquero (Pan's Labyrinth) + hon. mention Emma Roberts (when in blond wig)

Millie Brown = all of the Grants minus Robster :creep: actually in recent Millie interviews she kinda look like Papa Rob at certain lights and angles

nuances of Patty, Chuck, and Lana summed up in this one (awww... shippers) video

hon. mention Charleh

tumblr_om79esWlbR1vn0isdo1_540.png

internet of (stranger) things pinterest never disappoints

5da4759938ad785d449a89bfa670ec54.jpg

bless product placements!

83d3f774e13233a71a9386c603d582df.jpg

when u think you're the only one thinking Will looks like he could be Luke Skywalker, and then the rest of the main cast could be the A, B and C--internet done the job, so i have no words to describe how en pointe this is:

3d0faf30c71eae487aaeeb2fa35ca283.jpg

Welp, this is strange, I haven't seen myself posting this much of tl;dr lately... :biblio:

but I've seen stranger thengz... :teehee:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

If there's already been a ST topic created please delete!

Stranger Things is an American science fiction-horror web television series created, written, directed and co-executive produced by the Duffer Brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY

Set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana in the 1980s, the first season focuses on the investigation into the disappearance of a young boy amid supernatural events occurring around the town including the appearance of a girl with psychokinetic abilities who helps the missing boy's friends in their own search. The second season, titled Stranger Things 2, is set a year after the first, and deals with attempts of the characters to return to normal and consequences from that season.

Any ST fans here? I figured this would be a good time to make a topic considering the release of Season 2! What are your thoughts?

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I liked the second season just as much as the first!

Some highlights without major plot spoilers

Eleven and Hopper <3 my favorite part of this season I think

Max was a cool addition to the cast but her brother didn't really make sense as an antagonist as hot as he was

Steve the iconic babysitter

Nancy and Jonathan <3

I would like to get into this but that boy's lisp is so fucking funny. Seriously. I just can't

Show seems to go in circles to me a lot, people are pretty boring. But maybe that is from my general hate towards TV shows

I FORGOT THERE WAS A THREAD FOR THIS SHOW 

I LITERALLY WATCHED THE ENTIRE SECOND SEASON THE DAY IT CAME OUT ITS SO GOOD ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS

I HOPE THERES MORE JANCY IN THE THIRD SEASON I SCREAMED AT THAT SCENE

Season 2 was awesome and I'm loving 'Babysitter Steve' character (I didn't like Steve in season 1) but he's redeeemed himself. Also Hopper is hot, don't @ me.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven