Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

I think it's time to list my favorite musical parts of Mr. Norman

The very last "You make me blue" from the title track is, without a doubt, one of the most emotive moments, at least vocally, in her discography. Similar, in emotional heaviness, to the final chorus of Shades of Cool.

Of course the entirety of Venice Bitch is, perhaps, the best LDR Musical Moment ever, but in my ears there is something about the 7-to-8 minute section that is so beautiful, when the saxophone has its moment to shine and lazily yet dreamily plays the "Back in the garden..." melody. One of my favorite things about this song and its length is that every instrument has its specific solo part.

The outro of Mariners Apartment Complex absolutely captures the care-taking core of the track. It's so calming and comforting.

I would like to highlight two specific parts from Love Song -- the "Grab my waist / Don't waste any part" line accompanied by the reverb that it's added on the word "part". It was, for me, unexpected, romantic and evokes the uncertainty of the song. Also, the spoken "Is it safe to just be who we are?" line is so powerful.

When the guitar is growing stronger during the pre-chorus of Happiness Is A Butterfly and then dissolves.

And finally, my favorite part of the entire record is when the instruments are gone and she sings those last 7 lines from The Greatest.

• That very first bass drop in the second chorus of Video Games... so unexpected but so impactful  :legend:

• The guitar in the second pre-chorus of Happiness is a Butterfly is unbelievable, add so much to a song??

The gospel-style backing vocals (the "ooooh"s) in the Ultraviolence bridge

The sax/trumpet (I can't tell the difference hahaha) that comes in the bridge of Art Deco, uuuugh that takes that song from a 6 to a 10 for me

For some reason I always get chills at "Kanye West is blind and gone/Life on Mars ain't just a song" in The Greatest

I always look forward to "You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you" in Norman Fucking Rockwell, probably because I dated a guy exactly like that lmao

When that first chorus hits in Black Beauty it's so so special

At around 5:48 in Venice Bitch when the sort of fast electric guitar (I'm not sure how else to describe it) comes in for a moment and builds up anticipation for that glorious moment at 6:04 when Lana's vocals come back and she's singing "aaaah, aaaaahhhh!" in a wild, almost shouty way  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  I love it SO MUCH it's so uncharacteristic of her to be so raw and almost out-of-tune but it sounds incredible, sad, angry and passionate all at once.  :worship:  :legend:  I'm obsessed with that part of the song.

"It's not one of those phases I'm going through, or just a song, it's not one of them, I'm on my own, on my own, on my own again" in The Blackest Day... so raw and honest

I honestly believe one of the most sincerely cool moments in Lana's entire discography is the part of Brooklyn Baby where she sings "If you don't get it then forget it, 'cuz I don't have to fuuuuuckin' explaaaaaaain iiiiiit" - tell them sis!!! She captures the spirit of not giving a fuck so well!!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

So many:

From Norman: Cinnamon Girl outro.

The melody in the pre-chorus and the drum drop and du du du after the first chorus in The Greatest.

The way she drops the lyrics in the chorus of California and Happiness Is A Butterfly.

The whispered vocals in MAC. The guitar solo in Venice Bitch.

The melody in the pre-chorus (or is it already the chorus) in Hope.

Also in TBNAR, I like the what I call "Math sound" and in the end how it sound like a dark jugle or something. 

Lust For Life: Again, the kind of whispered vocals in Lust For Life and the piano too.

Crowd cheering in Coachella.

Cherry guitar.

Violins, backing vocals and pre-chorus in Groupie Love.

That woman speaking in the beggining of 13 beaches, the satellite sound and drums.

Everything about Heroin, but especially the tone and dark and cold nocturnal atmosphere (kinda follows in Change, which I love too).

The gun shots in God Bless America.

And the Lizzy, beach feel and the Out of the black/ Into the blue shouts in Get Free.

Honeymoon: Creepy violins in Honeymoon.

Whispered "live to love" in MTWBT, melody and guitar after that and the flute.

Terrence Loves You melody and jazz feel, especially in the last chorus, the trumpet gives me me "heroic vibes"

Freak's "Ohhhhahhhh" and "take it to the back..." and sax at the end.

Religion' s High notes and harpa?

Salvatore's piano and voice in the bridge. I like how it sounds straight out of The Godfather.

Art Deco's sax in the bridge.

Swan Song's sax too

Ultraviolence: The heavy guitars in Cruel World, PWYC (vocals too, especially the "crazyyyyy yeah yeah" and the last chorus of PWYC) and Shades Of Cool (the wa wa too)

Ultraviolence's drums, wa wa sound and bridge vocal.

Brooklyn Baby and West Coast's whole dreamy atmosphere

Sad Girl's spanish guitar and... blues vibe?

Money Power Glory's heavy guitar in general, but especially in the bridge. Drums too.

FMWUTTT's down melody on the chorus when she sings "show", "go".

Is This Happiness's guitar in the end and the disney old animation movie feel

Flipside's guitar in the begginning , it evokes kinda of a creepy vibe. Also the bridge (what a bridge :flutter: )

Paradise: American's patriotic vibe with the violins

Cola's charming, glamorous, rich vibe.

Body Electric's guitar, sounds like some kind of dark country, and bridge.

Gods and Monsters's gun shots in the begginning, drums and doom vibe.

Yayo's heroic trumpet (I think) in some moment, I can't remember lol

Bel Air's lovely piano.

Born To Die: In the end of Born To Die, after the last chorus, I really love the piano and violins, evokes a sad, tragic feeling for me.

In Off To The Races, there's this sound in the verses that looks like a dark beat. Also, there's another that attracts me in the pre, but I don't know how to describe. Anyway I love the whole pre, where she raps.

Blue Jeans's beats and urgent bridge.

Video Games's violins in the second verse.

DMD's piano

National Anthem's dark beats and violins and whole singing, raping. I like this coins jingle sound.

Dark Paradise's violins in the begginning.

Carmen's deep vocals, like she was narrating almost sarcastically and bitter.

Summertime Sadness has a sitar I think? I really liked that.

TWMUG's whispered bridge.

Lolita's violins in the beggining ( :defeated: )

Lucky Ones's genuine melody.

Sorry for the long ass post, I got excited lol!  :creep: Obviusly I won't go for the unreleaseds  :creep: . But to name a few:

Children's guitar and I don't know if it's a violin, but it sure creates a creepy vibe that I like.

You're Gonna Love Me, Get Drunk and MoneyHunny's melodies.

Back To The Basics's happy vibe with the piano and bridge.

K, done  :hooker:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

From NFR..... 

• The outro of Cinnamon Girl (cause throwbacks to Summertime Sadness, idk why)
  • When Venice Bitch switches over at 2:14
  • MAC from 3:20 until finish
  • California chorus ( i dont know why i love it so much, the desperation in her vocals?)
  • And this doesnt really feel like part of the album but Doin' Time's bridge/after second chorus.

Some observers have noticed a connection between a certain hand gesture L.D.R. has made over time, and a certain one that Baphomet made which appeared as an illustration in Eliphas Levi's Ritual and Dogma of High Magic, (1st editon 19th century).

L.D.R.'s gesture corresponds to the Heirophant, ( see the 19th century Waite tarot pack.)

Her singing "White hot forever" makes me emotional for some reason. The bridge on Dance Till We Die was interesting coming from her. Also Chemtrails, the single, has many outstanding moments but the whole part where she sings "It's beautiful (...) I'm still so strange and wild" is moving.

- the 'prizes, prizes, a diamond tiara, here's to the girl with the blue mascara' part from pin up galore makes me hold my breath every time i love it
- in high by the beach, when she recites the poem and the music fades out and her voice echoes, i could listen to it over and over again

- music to watch boys to bridge. the sweet way she sings 'nothing gold can stay...its all a game to me anyway' is so gentle but also hammers down the message well i think

- yayo aka ver when she sings the second chorus, it sounds so tender like a plea for a change in her life and the chimes at the end are so pretty and make me think of her looking at the stars :flutter:
- in bartender where she sings 'bart-t-tender hah hah hah hah..' and then the instrumental stops and its just her voice is rlly nice

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

- in brooklyn baby, the entire final chorus when the male voice comes in with hers (also the da da da da da vocals leading up to it with the heavenly instrumental)

- in nfr title track, the 2nd chorus has this little *twinggg* in the background almost like out of a disney movie, everytime i hear that i smile

- in text book, the outro of "old man river keeps rolling"

- in heroin, when she yells out "it's fucking hot! hot!" (honestly the entire 2nd half of that song)

- when the synth comes in on west coast

- the entirety of the other woman (best cover to exist)

- in honeymoon title track, "dreaming away your life"

- in terrence loves you, the final chorus after the ground control to major tom part is just the most melancholy thing i've ever heard

- her screaming in dealer lol

- her btd days life performances of million dollar man where she'd belt out the chorus

- the sparkling/twinkle sounds near the end of sweet carolina

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

From Chemtrails: 

-  The outro of Chemtrails, especially the video version with siren vocals

- All the production details in Dark But Just A Game

- The general heavenly ethereal feel of Tulsa Jesus Freak 

- The first chorus of Wild At Heart just sounds so epic and hits so nicely. 

- The beginning piano of White Dress hits really nice too. It's refreshing from the usual piano chords in her ballads.

From Blue Bannisters: 

- The Trios beginning before the beat drops (even tho I love that too)

- The brass in If You Lie Down With Me

- The whirring strings at the start of Thunder

- The organ at the end of WFWF

- The second verse of Text Book. Production is so good and it makes me think of Nancy Sinatra.

- All of her vocals in Dealer, just done perfectly. And the slow beat too. Miles has really done wonders with their collabs. 

From Chemtrails Over The Country Club:

You're in the wind, I'm in the water
Nobody's son, nobody's daughter

The lyrics themselves as well as Lana's delivery are nothing short of incredible. One of my all time favourite musical moments in her discography.