Wild One

Songs that sounds like LDR's songs

I can only listen to this song when I'm in the pettiest mood ever

Chorus is Born To Die. Don't blame you for not getting that far if that's what happened lol

I don't really hear that that much, but funny you should mention that song...

I thought a Halsey track sounded kinda Lana-ish before Halsey even sang it or was even a thing. #HipsterAlert

No seriously.

Following my own advice to "Keep an Eye on the 'Industry Players'", I follow a lot of music industry accounts on Soundcloud, including one for TaP mgmt, Lana's manager Ben Mawson's company that manages Lana as well as OTTR, TIWMUG, and G&M co-writer Tim Larcombe. So a couple years ago a set labeled "Tim Larcombe" popped up on there which included two instrumental tracks labeled "BT I" and "BT II", "BT" presumably standing for "backing track", which sounded vaguely Lana-esque so I saved them in case they ended up being used on an album. (I'm not exactly sure when they appeared. This archive.org snapshot indicates they were uploaded in October 2012, but I'm not sure they were public that early. I saved them in September 2013, but I know I found them awhile before I got around to ripping them.) Anyway, fast forward to this morning when I was listening to Halsey in order to defend her detractors from a more educated position when I listened to "Strange Love" and experienced some major déjà vu. I recognized the backing track instantly as "BT I". Sure enough, Tim Larcombe is indeed the producer of "Strange Love":

KF8vXL7.png

Listen to a copy of "BT I" (click on the Soundcloud link below it if the embedded stream doesn't work) that I uploaded as a private track in April 2014 to show to @@Monicker, who deemed it "pretty uninspired":

NhkXWNx.png

I don't think Halsey is a complete ripoff of Lana; she's extremely derivative of her contemporaries in general, one of them being Lana. Her voice doesn't sound at all like Lana. Only a couple songs sound like Lana ripoffs ("New Americana" being the most blatant well-documented example). But she occupies a lyrical universe that overlaps a lot with Lana's. However, being a documented fan of Lana with a song title the same as one of Lana's with a backing track possibly even written for Lana by a producer that worked with Lana and has the same management as Lana... I know some of that's probably coincidence, but it's all just a little too much. And it's easy to imagine her going, "OMG, you worked with Lana? OMG, Can I work with you? OMG, you've got a backing track you wrote for Lana that she didn't use? OMG, can I use it? Great! I'll name it after one of her unreleased tracks!"

:benmawson:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yesterday, I listened to Bebe Rexha's Don't Get Any Closer and I couldn't help but feel like I had heard the chorus melody before. The 'don't get any closer' part at least. This might just be me but later on it reminded me of Lana's Break My Fall when she goes "don't go and blow it all." I feel crazy thinking this so is it just me?

was about to post this, it reminds me of something that would be on Ultraviolence

I would never hurt you

1. White Mustang def gave me To Build A Home from The Cinematic Orchestra vibes when I listened for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFJJNQGwhk

2. Gramma reminds me of All The Right Moves from One Republic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOeGCJdZe4

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Okay is it me or does this sound like a Lana song? But which one? Summertime Sadness????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27LXSQdbUpo

yeah someone commented that it sounded like the red dress pale moonlight lyric and the comment got over 300 likes so a lot of people agree.

i can kinda hear it but seems very subconscious 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vyQKZP4y4

her voice sounds exactly like early lana

pink flamingos, sunglasses, cigarettes

the whole filter of the video looks just like her old self-made videos and looks like the VB and MAC nokia phone videos

AND THE SONG IS CALLED 'DRIVE'

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I made a post about this in a different thread and I still listen to some of those songs here:

On 8/24/2023 at 10:11 PM, Embach said:

I remember someone said that 13 Beaches sounds like Hans Zimmer's Time and I listened to it then and they're actually very alike. You can actually sing 13 Beaches over it :hdu: it's probably because of Dan Heath's influence, he did the orchestra for 13 Beaches and he has previously worked with Hans Zimmer!

Also Your Girl really reminds me of Portishead's Glory Box, especially when the bluesy jazzy strings appear:

Nostalghia's Be My Man and Weyes Blood's Mirror Forever, in my opinion, are kinda similar melodically to Ultraviolence the title track:

Also these two songs, which I have talked about earlier:

Florence + The Machine's Over The Love sounds exactly like a song from Born To Die, especially with the beats because it was produced by Emile Haynie, also in the beginning, the song samples Lana's breaths from the intro of Burning Desire!

Lana allegedly sampled Princess Chelsea's No Church On Sunday in Heroin!

url%5D