Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding the 2012 Sirens leak, that regardless of how much I try to look information on i can never find credible/definitive answers. I would like to remove a whole bunch of Sirens files from my library I have that are not real. I'd appreciate anyone who was around when it leaked and has the time to answer my questions, very much appreciated! Sorry if these have been answered else where but to my surprise can't find any.

1. What is the real quality that Sirens leaked in? (96kbps, 128kbps, 256kbps, etc) *Some files in 128kbps I've put through spectrogram don't go anywhere above 10kHz*

2. Did all the tracks surface in the same quality? (I know some songs that first appeared on Young Like Me/From The End (Quiet Now) are available in 192kbps but I prefer to use original quality that pertains to the album, if that makes sense.)

3. Did any of the Sirens tracks leak in better quality later down the road? (Not that EQ tampered album)

R5sPD4M.jpg

1 hour ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding the 2012 Sirens leak, that regardless of how much I try to look information on i can never find credible/definitive answers. I would like to remove a whole bunch of Sirens files from my library I have that are not real. I'd appreciate anyone who was around when it leaked and has the time to answer my questions, very much appreciated! Sorry if these have been answered else where but to my surprise can't find any.

1. What is the real quality that Sirens leaked in? (96kbps, 128kbps, 256kbps, etc) *Some files in 128kbps I've put through spectrogram don't go anywhere above 10kHz*

2. Did all the tracks surface in the same quality? (I know some songs that first appeared on Young Like Me/From The End (Quiet Now) are available in 192kbps but I prefer to use original quality that pertains to the album, if that makes sense.)

3. Did any of the Sirens tracks leak in better quality later down the road? (Not that EQ tampered album)

A Star for Nick leaked in 96 and then in 128, and then all of Sirens leaked in 128, and then later Young like me/From the end EPs leaked in 192, so for the songs that are on the album and the EPs exist in both 128 & 192 and the songs on just Sirens are just 128

5 hours ago, urgirl said:

I have Be My Daddy downloaded as 'Be My Daddy --2nd Version' .. so there is an unleaked 1st version?

not that i know of, but be my daddy leaked edited, so what we have isn't the entire song

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

54 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

found it! it's a 2 second shot in a BTS video so i did the best i could haha

RfonW3f.png

oh my god for a second i thought you came across a new outtake :crying2:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

well does anybody know what about IN MY FEELINGS  is i mean the backgrond behind this song like i really dont remember her to talk about this one

it's about g-eazy

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Not to sound like a clueless bitch but what’s the story behind the :ma: emoticon...I hadn’t been on the day it was added to I missed whatever occurred :hooker:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

20 minutes ago, Serene Queen said:

Not to sound like a clueless bitch but what’s the story behind the :ma: emoticon...I hadn’t been on the day it was added to I missed whatever occurred :hooker:

@vodkaa posted a bigger version of that gif with a caption (I can't remember what it was) and people (including me :hooker:) started posting the gif and adding stuff like "Barrie knowing he gets a song on this one too", "Neil Krug knowing that he shot the cover", "Elle when she sees this thread" and so on.

It was a mess, we got like 10 pages full of Octavia Spencer gifs and we all got warning points for it (not even complaining, but we were bored :flop:) and @Elle added that smiley like the kind queen she is.

Capture.jpg

33 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

@vodkaa posted a bigger version of that gif with a caption (I can't remember what it was) and people (including me :hooker:) started posting the gif and adding stuff like "Barrie knowing he gets a song on this one too", "Neil Krug knowing that he shot the cover", "Elle when she sees this thread" and so on.

It was a mess, we got like 10 pages full of Octavia Spencer gifs and we all got warning points for it (not even complaining, but we were bored :flop:) and @Elle added that smiley like the kind queen she is.

27 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

@past the bushes back when the hype was REAL :trisha:

I feel like our little squad was really owning #magate :trisha: my LB girlies and guys know who they are :wub: ;) 

I didn't stan until late 2015 but I saw a tweet in spanish about how high by the beach was meant to chart at #7 but dropped to #51 and like obviously that doesn't sound right, I doubt lana could debut at #7, but was there like some prediction about was wrong that I haven't heard about?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I didn't stan until late 2015 but I saw a tweet in spanish about how high by the beach was meant to chart at #7 but dropped to #51 and like obviously that doesn't sound right, I doubt lana could debut at #7, but was there like some prediction about was wrong that I haven't heard about?

yeah, i think there was a thing at the time where initially it had been reported that it had made it to #7 but after it was announced they had to actually clarify that it was a mistake and she was actually #51.

on the wiki for high by the beach:

"However, due to an error in calculation by Nielsen, "High by the Beach" was originally reported to have debuted on the chart at number 7 with 248,000 copies sold. The error was corrected on the issue dated August 29, 2015, and the song was revealed to have debuted and peaked at number 51 on the Hot 100, and number 10 on the Digital Songs chart with 67,000 copies.[47] The song dropped 14 places to number 65 in its second week, and fell to number 97 by its third week."

2 hours ago, electra said:

yeah, i think there was a thing at the time where initially it had been reported that it had made it to #7 but after it was announced they had to actually clarify that it was a mistake and she was actually #51.

on the wiki for high by the beach:

"However, due to an error in calculation by Nielsen, "High by the Beach" was originally reported to have debuted on the chart at number 7 with 248,000 copies sold. The error was corrected on the issue dated August 29, 2015, and the song was revealed to have debuted and peaked at number 51 on the Hot 100, and number 10 on the Digital Songs chart with 67,000 copies.[47] The song dropped 14 places to number 65 in its second week, and fell to number 97 by its third week."

LMFAO that's so embarrassing plsss

Why are the unreleased collections referred to as the Miss Daytona collection? From what I remember, the original masterpost was on a tumblr with a name resembling miss daytona so I assumed that's where it's from on my original downloads but like even recent masterposts refer to it as that, is that just for cohesiveness or whatever or is there like a Lana reference? (I know her of the missdaytonaxx twitter but is that it?)

27 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Why are the unreleased collections referred to as the Miss Daytona collection? From what I remember, the original masterpost was on a tumblr with a name resembling miss daytona so I assumed that's where it's from on my original downloads but like even recent masterposts refer to it as that, is that just for cohesiveness or whatever or is there like a Lana reference? (I know her of the missdaytonaxx twitter but is that it?)

did you get your unreleased from a masterpost? if it was https://thatvenicebitch.wixsite.com/missdaytona that's how they tagged them in the metadata :)