Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

what do y'all think lana thinks about Francesco Carrozini marrying Bee Shaffer (daughter of Anna Wintour) -

I remember watching a documentary about Francescos mother FRANCA, and she kept poking fun at Francesco saying he is always "in a dream state" and it made me think of Honeymoons "dreaming away your lifeeee" line.

I do wonder why he was such a "player" and then all the sudden settled with Bee, I mean she even kinda looks like lana low-key. also at the MET gala when lana went with the group ( I bet it was a relief bc Francesco was there with Bee and I remember him looking very very stern in all photos, I wondered if he and lana spoke or saw each other)

I was thinking this too. I only found out recently he got married to her and I had to look at how long they were together, sure it was longer than he was with Lana but didn’t him and Lana break up because she wanted to settle down and he didn’t? I wonder what changed.

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a thread for the weeknd but i can’t be bothered to go look for it. Does anyone know the name of the song, the little distorted vocal bit that begins to play at 0:39 but then suddenly cuts off? Every time i watch the video I’m like, I know this song, but I’m giving up. I don’t listen to him as much as i used to, is it a song by him? Maybe unrelased. But i know i’ve heard it before and it’s frustrating

https://youtu.be/2iFa5We6zqw

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a thread for the weeknd but i can’t be bothered to go look for it. Does anyone know the name of the song, the little distorted vocal bit that begins to play at 0:39 but then suddenly cuts off? Every time i watch the video I’m like, I know this song, but I’m giving up. I don’t listen to him as much as i used to, is it a song by him? Maybe unrelased. But i know i’ve heard it before and it’s frustrating

It's the outro of As You Are

https://youtu.be/_AJwfPOMZnI?t=311

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

does anyone here play guitar? i want to learn how to play electric and i've heard it's easier to learn on there, but i'm thinking if i learn on acoustic it might be easier for me to transition to electric although acoustic is harder to learn on and can be off-putting for beginners. i need guidance  :ohno:

edit: wait you know what i think im just gonna go for electric

does anyone here play guitar? i want to learn how to play electric and i've heard it's easier to learn on there, but i'm thinking if i learn on acoustic it might be easier for me to transition to electric although acoustic is harder to learn on and can be off-putting for beginners. i need guidance  :ohno:

I used to be able to play a little bit as my brother taught me when i was little, but im clueless now and kinda want to get back into it too so...

x2 !!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I used to be able to play a little bit as my brother taught me when i was little, but im clueless now and kinda want to get back into it too so...

x2 !!

im also forcing myself to apply for jobs too because i can't afford an electric guitar atm  :crossed:

You've apparently already decided, but if you want advice from someone who's not that good at guitar (but is friends with a few professional musicians), my advice would be to remember that electric and acoustic are actually different instruments, and have different techniques that you use, and different sounds that you're after, so if you are looking to start, think about which sound you prefer, and go for that one. Also, the most important advice of all, don't go for a cheap instrument, because it will be hard to play properly, and will put you off playing. If at all possible, get someone who knows how to play to go along with you when you buy your instrument, to try it out.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

You've apparently already decided, but if you want advice from someone who's not that good at guitar (but is friends with a few professional musicians), my advice would be to remember that electric and acoustic are actually different instruments, and have different techniques that you use, and different sounds that you're after, so if you are looking to start, think about which sound you prefer, and go for that one. Also, the most important advice of all, don't go for a cheap instrument, because it will be hard to play properly, and will put you off playing. If at all possible, get someone who knows how to play to go along with you when you buy your instrument, to try it out.

i’m of course still open to responses because it’ll probably be a while before i actually buy it. reading this and what other people have said, i think i’ll most likely go for electric because i prefer the sound and the technique seems to be easier. thanks for the advice :)

what is that search engine that allows me to just google a product name and it shows every link its being sold on ?? i thought i saw someone post it on here but i cant find it. 

Could anyone tell me where the Sirens artwork originated from? Did it leak alongside the album? Also, I've seen a few variations on filter/typeface, which is the 'original'?

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

Could anyone tell me where the Sirens artwork originated from? Did it leak alongside the album? Also, I've seen a few variations on filter/typeface, which is the 'original'?

There is no official artwork, all fan made. Sirens leaked without artwork. It didn’t even have an official track list.

I know someone else already answered that it's fan made, but the pic they used came from the ford models photoshoot from like 2004 or 2005

How could Change have been recorded in June 2017 if albums need to be finalised 3 months before release?

An album only needs to be finalized 3 months before release for the sake of vinyl. That's why the LFL vinyls didn't come until September 29th. 

Digital and CD turnaround is a lot quicker, so even though Lana finished the final mixes of the album in early June, we were still able to get it on streaming services and in CD format in time for July 21st! :)

An album only needs to be finalized 3 months before release for the sake of vinyl. That's why the LFL vinyls didn't come until September 29th. 

Digital and CD turnaround is a lot quicker, so even though Lana finished the final mixes of the album in early June, we were still able to get it on streaming services and in CD format in time for July 21st! :)

Thank you for answering! I didn't know the vinyls came out later.

Hi there!

Does anybody know anything about OFFICIAL NFR! instrumentals?
I'm waiting for them for over the year, but only Doin' Time leaked since then. I bet I'm not the only one thats waiting and wants to hear for example Cinnamon Girl or California without Lana's (beautiful) vocals. :smokes:

peace, Simon:hae:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

18 hours ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Did we get a quality upgrade on Money Hunny when the Phenomena mixtape leaked? I have a file sitting in my folder that sounds *maybe* better to my ears, but I couldn't swear to it :erm:

nope, we had it in 160kbps before phenomena leaked and i'm pretty sure it's the same file. praying we get a better quality file like how we did with super movie, we love an anti-capitalism anthem! :sass:

On 8/7/2020 at 10:45 PM, donniedelrey said:

What date was the Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show with Lana recorded?

it was definitely in the summer months of 2019 cause Kasey said something about it being very hot during filming.  idk about specific date tho