latothemoon

Raye

11 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

A new RAYE song leaked from 2018 called "What's a Girl to Do". A demo for Madison Beer in that mass leak. Sounds way better than Madisons version.

Could you share it please? I’ve only managed to find Capital Letters and You Can’t Change Me

ICYMI: an insider shed some light on the Polydor situation

She has a whole 13 track album ready, it's so fucking good, but label wouldn't let her release it that's why she had all those meltdowns and she made an ultimate decision to focus on getting out of the contract first and since she won't have ownership to those songs when she goes independent she tries to pitch them all to various artists (including certain girlie I stan) I would really love them to stay with RAYE, but what she is doing seems for the best. Pitching as many of these demos as possible to bigger artists will give her a good revenue in the future from writing splits and when she goes independent we will get more excellence.

so basically just confirmation that the album that was ready this year will never be getting released and she doesn't own her masters. Unfortunately that probably means we're never getting Fantastic / Born Again either :crai:

That being said, she can probably just write a new album in a few months so the lack of material isn't a concern. It's just a shame for the fans that have been hoping those songs see a release. 

anyway make sure to stream these collabs in the meantime that she dropped a few months ago

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, sweetener said:

ICYMI: an insider shed some light on the Polydor situation

so basically just confirmation that the album that was ready this year will never be getting released and she doesn't own her masters. Unfortunately that probably means we're never getting Fantastic / Born Again either :crai:

That being said, she can probably just write a new album in a few months so the lack of material isn't a concern. It's just a shame for the fans that have been hoping those songs see a release. 

anyway make sure to stream these collabs in the meantime that she dropped a few months ago

I don’t think they know much of what she will release tbh. She re-recorded Fantastic after she left the label. That 13 track album draft was early. It doesn’t include Born Again. Only Fantastic.

9 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

I don’t think they know much of what she will release tbh. She re-recorded Fantastic after she left the label. That 13 track album draft was early. It doesn’t include Born Again. Only Fantastic.

Now that is interesting! 

Do you think she negotiated the ownership of some tracks before she left ala Tinashe? Ideally she’d give us a Songs For You type of album with some songs that were originally on the previous scrapped project. A win-win situation for her and the fans 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, sweetener said:

Now that is interesting! 

Do you think she negotiated the ownership of some tracks before she left ala Tinashe? Ideally she’d give us a Songs For You type of album with some songs that were originally on the previous scrapped project. A win-win situation for her and the fans 

I think she’s wealthy enough to buy the masters she wants. She said it wasn’t a bad split when she left.So they prob gave her the tracks she wanted. She has a lot of new material and honestly don’t know what she could throw together at this point because she’s still recording.

2 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

I think she’s wealthy enough to buy the masters she wants. She said it wasn’t a bad split when she left.So they prob gave her the tracks she wanted. She has a lot of new material and honestly don’t know what she could throw together at this point because she’s still recording.

Well that sounds promising :party:

as long as we get this album in 2022 idc. 

we just need her to fire her dad as her manager already 

giphy.gif

It's insane how much she slays these days on her live performances, I'm here to say that she's one, if not the best vocalist of our generation. The emotion she has in her vocals is insane. 

I'm really hoping she gets to release her new album sessions. The amount of hits there are, is insane. She recently debuted a new song live called Black Mascara, hopefully this means we'll get something new soon. 

i can't believe it's been a year since Call On Me and she still hasn't started an album campaign... she needs to take notes from Tinashe and how to keep the ball rolling as an independent artist because what the hell :rip:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, sweetener said:

i can't believe it's been a year since Call On Me and she still hasn't started an album campaign... she needs to take notes from Tinashe and how to keep the ball rolling as an independent artist because what the hell :rip:

It's cause she still buying back songs I guess.