latothemoon

Raye

22 hours ago, NEXTLIFE said:

It's insane how much she slays these days on her live performances, I'm here to say that she's one, if not the best vocalist of our generation. The emotion she has in her vocals is insane. 

I'm really hoping she gets to release her new album sessions. The amount of hits there are, is insane. She recently debuted a new song live called Black Mascara, hopefully this means we'll get something new soon. 

Her vocals are slept on. I remember seeing her live during the Second EP era and she didn’t seem to quite have an identity music wise. Since then, and especially the mini album she’s blown me away with her quality. I’m really perched for an album. She really sings on her dance tracks and doesn’t rely on a few word repetition songs for a quick hit. 

10 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

Her vocals are slept on. I remember seeing her live during the Second EP era and she didn’t seem to quite have an identity music wise. Since then, and especially the mini album she’s blown me away with her quality. I’m really perched for an album. She really sings on her dance tracks and doesn’t rely on a few word repetition songs for a quick hit. 

She finally found her sound, and you can definitely hear that in her vocals how comfortable she sounds. 

Have you seen how great her live performance of Waterfall was? 

Raye is at 22:40

Wow it's been a minute in here

Her debut album My 21st Century Blues is dropping January 2023. 

Fantastic, Born Again and C'est La Vie (leaked as Don't Judge Me) have all surfaced and were intended for the album.

The next single "Buss It Down" is out soon! 

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, sweetener said:

Wow it's been a minute in here

Her debut album My 21st Century Blues is dropping January 2023. 

Fantastic, Born Again and C'est La Vie (leaked as Don't Judge Me) have all surfaced and were intended for the album.

The next single "Buss It Down" is out soon! 

The leaks were intended for the label album, however Born Again may be released but not from the album. 

17 hours ago, KillForLove said:

Waterfall has been one of my favorite songs of the year. I'm surprised she's not doing more dance features to keep her name out there.

Honestly I think she's just focused on getting this album and her narrative out there first.

Doing dance features when she's been pigeonholed into being a faceless feature and a "rent-a-vocal" as how she described it is probably why she's distancing herself from the genre for the time being. Also why she scrapped dance orientated songs from the album etc. 

side note:

she's doing her first headlining tour outside of the UK!

giphy.gif

Long post coming…

I got to see her Tuesday night in Amsterdam and it was the most intimate and interactive concert i’ve ever been to. For €16 she was on the stage for 2.5 hours (while battling a cold!) and she still gave us the performance of a lifetime. She basically gave us backstory for each and every song which was so interesting for a mega stan like myself. Her old label was truly incompetent by the sounds of it and im so glad she’s able to become more than the “dance feature girl” you hear on the radio. Her talent is actually insane. 

She played 6 songs from the new album

Hard out here

Black Mascara

Escapism (she decided on the spot to premiere the studio version before it was out for us too)

The thrill is gone

Ice cream man

Buss it down.

and after the show she came to the edge of the stage to meet fans and take pics, then decided to tell us to get up on the stage for a group pic etc. I got to meet her, snap a cute blurry pic and tell her that Born Again is a fantastic song and she should release it lol. She was shocked when I brought it up i guess she wasn’t expecting me to know it like THAT lmaoooo. 

Anyway if she’s doing a show in your city and you’re on the fence about going, PLEASE don’t hesitate to get a ticket because she’s literally the most promising artist out here right now. 

:flutter:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, sweetener said:

Long post coming…

I got to see her Tuesday night in Amsterdam and it was the most intimate and interactive concert i’ve ever been to. For €16 she was on the stage for 2.5 hours (while battling a cold!) and she still gave us the performance of a lifetime. She basically gave us backstory for each and every song which was so interesting for a mega stan like myself. Her old label was truly incompetent by the sounds of it and im so glad she’s able to become more than the “dance feature girl” you hear on the radio. Her talent is actually insane. 

She played 6 songs from the new album

Hard out here

Black Mascara

Escapism (she decided on the spot to premiere the studio version before it was out for us too)

The thrill is gone

Ice cream man

Buss it down.

and after the show she came to the edge of the stage to meet fans and take pics, then decided to tell us to get up on the stage for a group pic etc. I got to meet her, snap a cute blurry pic and tell her that Born Again is a fantastic song and she should release it lol. She was shocked when I brought it up i guess she wasn’t expecting me to know it like THAT lmaoooo. 

Anyway if she’s doing a show in your city and you’re on the fence about going, PLEASE don’t hesitate to get a ticket because she’s literally the most promising artist out here right now. 

here’s a pic of us btw 

:flutter:

Thank you for sharing this!

It’s crazy that Ice Cream Man is as old as Thrill Is Gone and she’s still releasing these tracks which are 3/4 years old. I wonder if she’s been working on other material in these years too.

Just now, Lukeb said:

Thank you for sharing this!

It’s crazy that Ice Cream Man is as old as Thrill Is Gone and she’s still releasing these tracks which are 3/4 years old. I wonder if she’s been working on other material in these years too.

yeah it’s very inspiring to see her finally be able to release and rework songs she’s been sitting on for years because the label wouldn’t let her release them as they weren’t singles or “for the radio”. Ice Cream Man is a devastating song with some of the most brutally honest and depressing lyrics i’ve heard in a song. Like she really goes THERE and she had to stop mid way bc she was overwhelmed and said she going to need to go to therapy for playing this song every night on the tour 😭😭

I know she had a whole predominantly dance album ready back in 2021 when she was with Polydor. Now knowing that she has her masters, it’ll be interesting to see if we’ll ever get to hear those songs like Born Again, Fantastic, C’est La Vie etc. officially 

I’m not mad at this new direction she’s going in though despite how much I love her dance material. The new songs are clearly HER and they’re the best of her discography 

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, sweetener said:

yeah it’s very inspiring to see her finally be able to release and rework songs she’s been sitting on for years because the label wouldn’t let her release them as they weren’t singles or “for the radio”. Ice Cream Man is a devastating song with some of the most brutally honest and depressing lyrics i’ve heard in a song. Like she really goes THERE and she had to stop mid way bc she was overwhelmed and said she going to need to go to therapy for playing this song every night on the tour 😭😭

I know she had a whole predominantly dance album ready back in 2021 when she was with Polydor. Now knowing that she has her masters, it’ll be interesting to see if we’ll ever get to hear those songs like Born Again, Fantastic, C’est La Vie etc. officially 

I’m not mad at this new direction she’s going in though despite how much I love her dance material. The new songs are clearly HER and they’re the best of her discography 

Really agree with the last part you said