latothemoon

Raye

I loved the first half of the album, but after ice cream man it sorta fizzled out for me. But the first half was all perfect. She’s one of the most exciting artists out there right now. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Im sad to actually not be as thrilled with the album as I anticipated… I loved Escapism and The Thrill is Gone but after listening to it I expected something more. Some of the lyrics are a little too in the nose if it makes sense? It’s not bad I guess but not my cup of tea… I was expecting something more like Amy, Teddy, Gin Wigmore… but it’s not bad at all and still enjoyable!! Love seeing her do well after so much time!! Been following her on and off since I heard Shhh (still waiting for another to hit like that)

4 minutes ago, Kid Krow said:

thank u! do you know the accurate year/session of The Way That You Love?

TWTYL is a co-write with Klas Åhlund who also helped make Taxi and Roll With Me (fun fact :)) but from what I can gather, they were paired up in 2018 following the inception of the ESS concept. She was being workshopped around to many writers / producers around 2018 in hopes to pump out music the label would approve of.

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

TWTYL is a co-write with Klas Åhlund who also helped make Taxi and Roll With Me (fun fact :)) but from what I can gather, they were paired up in 2018 following the inception of the ESS concept. She was being workshopped around to many writers / producers around 2018 in hopes to pump out music the label would approve of.

i thought it's from 2013 cause it was encoded by Logic Pro 9.1.8. :toofunny:
hotbox demo was encoded by this version too.

2 minutes ago, Kid Krow said:

i thought it's from 2013 cause it was encoded by Logic Pro 9.1.8. :toofunny:
hotbox demo was encoded by this version too.

Idek for sure to tell you the truth :makeup: RAYE’s back catalogue is a mess. I don’t even think I have that song

sorry if Im wrong or confused you!

4 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Idek for sure to tell you the truth :makeup: RAYE’s back catalogue is a mess. I don’t even think I have that song

sorry if Im wrong or confused you!

everything is fine, thank you!