Elle

Lana & Politics

Since the "Lana shot a music video" thread is kind of turning into a discussion of Lana's view on politics, I decided just to make a thread for it.

So, here's what there's to go off of so far..

• She recently posted videos of herself on Instagram expressing her views on the importance of voting along with (oddly distributed) tweets.
  • When asked about Trump by Elle ( :lanahairflip:) Magazine UK she said, "There’s a lot to talk about. I mean, you know, although I believe that personality shouldn’t get in the way of people’s true politics and what they are actually standing for, I need more information from all of my potential candidates. From all of them. Democrats, Republications, I have a lot of conflicting feelings about all of them, to be politically correct. I need more time to figure out what they’re saying can pass through and is actually feasible. Not just with Trump but with Democratic potential candidates."
  • She blocked an account on Twitter for editing a "Make America Great Again" cap on a picture of her.
  • ​Apparently, according to her New York voter record, she was registered as a Democrat.
  • She's an Obama supporter, having tweeted "Obama dropped the G Bomb in his address. God God God. Love you Obama. Love you God." in 2010.
  • National Anthem & its music video

And also, this article was posted sometime yesterday:

"Lana Del Rey Finally Gets Political"

http://www.inquisitr.com/3556723/lana-del-rey-finally-gets-political-speaks-to-young-fans-about-voting/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Most republicans be saying that lol

i feel like she probs has some traditional values, and nostalgia for the past that a lot of republicans have.. but honestly i think she just views the past as a simpler time because, since she wasn't actually there, it doesnt seem as complex, and she mostly hears and admires good things about the past. 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I think she always gets in trouble for the things she says, so she's being purposely careful and like she said "politically correct" in some of her statements to avoid being dragged by the media yet again for merely opening her mouth tbh.

I feel like she's neither.

I think she always gets in trouble for the things she says, so she's being purposely careful and like she said "politically correct" in some of her statements to avoid being dragged by the media yet again for merely opening her mouth tbh.

Yeah, I think she just wants to stay tuned of what is happening in her country and plus have a little fun while watching both bashing each other.  :teehee:

Politics is really fucked up, but is still funny and interesting.  :whatever2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

i feel like she's pretty neutral because she has problems w both parties, i def think she's more on the liberal side when it comes to social things like gay marriage etc,tho  i think her "i believe in the country america used to be" kinda lyrics and stuff doesn't mean like how republicans say it meaning they want racism and shit, but like a nostalgia for the past, the pop culture of the 50s-70s. idk how she is about economics and stuff tho, i feel like she doesn't really care abt stuff like that lol 

UbsOye5.png

i think she didn't want to answer or show her stance may just because:

1)She still hasn't decided yet

2)She doesnt want to influence others' stance (e.g. her fans) since she believes that everyone should seek information themselves regarding the areas they're interested in instead of being told to vote which candidate

giphy.gif

i think she didn't want to answer or show her stance may just because:

1)She still hasn't decided yet

2)She doesnt want to influence others' stance (e.g. her fans) since she believes that everyone should seek information themselves regarding the areas they're interested in instead of being told to vote which candidate

Yeah, she wouldn't influence her fans as she sings about drugs and religion and sex. m'kay

Yeah, she wouldn't influence her fans as she sings about drugs and religion and sex. m'kay

these are two very different topics. Lana never addresses politics in her songs. 

And when it comes to drug references, religion or sex, she is the observer and doesn't give any justification for the behaviour of her protagonists. Therefor, she doesn't encourage anybody to do anything.

these are two very different topics. Lana never addresses politics in her songs.

And when it comes to drug references, religion or sex, she is the observer and doesn't give any justification for the behaviour of her protagonists. Therefor, she doesn't encourage anybody to do anything.

The lyrics such as 'Gods dead and baby that's all alright with me' and 'Come on down to Florida, I Got something for ya' [refereeing to cocaine] are very influencal. It would be different if she were to just sing about it, in her songs she approves of it.

The lyrics such as 'Gods dead and baby that's all oright with me' and 'Come on down to Florida, I Got something for ya' [refereeing to cocaine] are very influencal. It would be different if she were to just sing about it, in her songs she approves of it.

Ok, so Rihanna is encouraging hoes to kill their men according to the Needed Me video, because it has a striking visual message? A damn mess, dear. Out of all lines, you have chosen those  :rip: