Elle

Lana & Politics

Lana is one of the most tone deaf liberals out there and the line your just a man it’s just what you do is the thing that bugs you...I have to laugh

It doesn’t bug me. I said that. I am talking about from the POV of the wider culture in this MeToo age. Just as she uses a song title, Venice Beach, which would upset some as degrading to women if Harry Styles named a song that. I am just pointing out that different rules often apply. I am sure there are some feminists find the VB title degrading and not empowering.

It doesn’t bug me. I said that. I am talking about from the POV of the wider culture in this MeToo age. Just as she uses a song title, Venice Beach, which would upset some as degrading to women if Harry Styles named a song that. I am just pointing out that different rules often apply. I am sure there are some feminists find the VB title degrading and not empowering.

U have worms for brains.....literally no one but some woke 15 year olds on twitter woould care of a man called a song Venice bitch.

If feminists find the title 'Venice Bitch' degrading then they need to grow a backbone because being called a 'bitch' is a low tier level insult lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

A well mannered man would never call a woman a bitch, and "bitch" is commonly used by women when describing other women. It's why it has such derogatory implications when used by men, even if they do not intend to use it that way. It's interpreted as a form of theft and a low blow.

The way the word is used in Venice Bitch is pretty light-hearted and non-derogatory though so I believe if Harry Styles sang this song there most likely would be minimal uproar and it would obviously be uncalled for.

There are some things men can do that women can't and vica versa.

A well mannered man would never call a woman a bitch, and "bitch" is commonly used by women when describing other women. It's why it has such derogatory implications when used by men, even if they do not intend to use it that way. It's interpreted as a form of theft and a low blow.

The way the word is used in Venice Bitch is pretty light-hearted and non-derogatory though so I believe if Harry Styles sang this song there most likely would be minimal uproar and it would obviously be uncalled for.

There are some things men can do that women can't and vica versa.

And those 'rules' are changing constantly from one person to another, one subculture to another, one coast to another, one class to another. 

my friends call me bitch all the time and it’s no biggie, but when a straight man calls me a bitch it’s fucking terrifying because it’s used in a different context and it’s meant to dehumanize me

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Yea different rules apply to women and men and as long as women get the short end of it they can name a song whatever the fuck they want

Bitch... really. Thats the kind of feminism you pretend to care about?

Youre just trying to make a point , you dont give a fuck about women

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

wait is a man actually preaching to women how women should feel about a song title YIKES

edit: after being called a bitch for every small thing i do that displeases men i either know or am just passing, a song titled venice bitch by a woman is not an issue at all

Seriously, what the fuck is this discussion?

There is no such thing as women being sexist against men (ie: "reverse" sexism - or the reverse form of any oppression). Women can be prejudiced, but they cannot be sexist, because they do not hold political, economic, and institutional power. Men do.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

There is no such thing as women being sexist against men (ie: "reverse" sexism - or the reverse form of any oppression). Women can be prejudiced, but they cannot be sexist, because they do not hold political, economic, and institutional power. Men do.

Some men do, some men have nothing.  Judge individuals by their own actions.

Imagine getting offended by a line as inoffensive as "you're just a man" :rip: the male ego really is something else...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

What kinda bullshit is this? Anybody can be sexist. It doesn’t matter who are being terrible is being terrible at the end of the day. Are we gonna say now that if a girl at school Is smacking a guy because she’s a girl who doesn’t hold power (she’s just a student) he can’t defend himself? Anybody holds the power to be racist or sexist saying otherwise is encouraging a toxic environment where people aren’t held accountable or where the seriousness of the situation can be downplayed.

Also, why is this being discussed in this thread? What did I miss? :toofunny:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif