Elle

Lana & Politics

13 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

(Warm) Take: Her political songs sound too out of place in their respective albums imo. The greatest is the exception, cause its commentary is very subtle. She should've made a full fuck the government ep a la Madonna's American Life with LFL side B.

Looking for America

1. You're The Future

2. Is The End (of America)

3. Woodstock In My Mind

4. Lady Liberty 

5. Change 

6. Looking for America

7. Imagine

HAHAHAHA imagine as the closer :rip:

mUENGN9.png

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I'm thinking about whether the blue color at BB also has something to do with the Democrats winning the last election.

that's interesting, tho i'm not completely sold - it does make me think about this line in 'text book': and there you were with shinin' stars standin' blue with open arms - i assumed blue referred to sean's uniform lmao but maybe it indicates a liberal lean? god knows tho

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

lana's political views like... don't interest me at all - as long as she's doing the bare minimum, educating herself, and doing what she believes she can through donations etc., i really couldn't care less about artists' and celebrities' *politics* lol

mUENGN9.png

This thread just proves that people speaking on issues that don't affect them on behalf of the people it does affect never ends well :agree:

imageproxy.jpg

On 10/2/2016 at 7:06 PM, writtenxrabbits said:

I think she always gets in trouble for the things she says, so she's being purposely careful and like she said "politically correct" in some of her statements to avoid being dragged by the media yet again for merely opening her mouth tbh.

Lol, this comment aged like wine

I think Lana's documented work on Indian reservations is widely overlooked in the bigger conversation about her political views. She has documented charity work and living a life of poverty at various points of her life. The majority of people who are critical of Lana's political comments probably have a fraction of the fraction of the life experience she has. I imagine she does a lot of charity work and donations off the radar. I see her doing some in Los Angeles sometimes. 

It's easy for fans to forget she's just a regular person despite so much documented normality during her pre-fame era. She has a song reflecting back on her time as a waitress. I like that she has always been considered politically problematic besides for the most part being pretty status quo or mild. Recently I heard that audio where she was so conscious of releasing Tropico for the political backlash. It must be overwhelming for her. 

She predicted the rise of Tesla all the way back in 2014. She has predicted a lot of other stuff most likely that I cannot remember. If that doesn't say anything about her insight I'm not sure what does. She's a very intelligent woman and of course fans think they must agree with her on everything to think otherwise.