Elle

Lana & Politics

On periscope Chuck asked who her viewers were voting for, lots of them said Bernie and she said "I like Bernie's intentions, but I feel like he won't be able to follow through with them." and then she said "Anybody for Hillary?" that's what I remember. Pretty sure she supported both Hillary and Bernie.

What Chuck said reminds me of what Lana said on a interview: "“I need more time to figure out if what they’re saying can pass through and is actually feasible. Not just with Trump but with democratic potential candidates”

I really cannot believe Lana talked about all that anti-Trump crap & put GBA on her album but I'm sitting here waiting for her to comment on the carnage at Charlottesville. You would think such an event would cause her to speak her on mind on something but no Manchester or whateverthefuck was more important. I really wonder what's she's trying to do

I really cannot believe Lana talked about all that anti-Trump crap & put GBA on her album

#butthurt

Lana literally does not care if she loses you as a fan.

Wait... you're offended by GBA? I mean, sure, the main melody in the chorus is a little lazy, and the verse lyrics are weirdly submissive for a purported "feminist anthem"... but you're triggered by it?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#butthurt

Lana literally does not care if she loses you as a fan.

Wait... you're offended by GBA? I mean, sure, the main melody in the chorus is a little lazy, and the verse lyrics are weirdly submissive for a purported "feminist anthem"... but you're triggered by it?

Offended by GBA? No. The rest of my post just said I'm confused as to why she made those songs but doesn't speak on something as Charlottesville while making a song called " God Bless America" admidst the current political climate. Her talking all the anti-trump stuff wasn't me being mad about GBA, I was mad about her having that song on there but her real life actions not reflecting her feelings in the song. I'm not butthurt over her being anti-Trump, I probably hate him more than she does

Why do some people need celebs to voice their opinion and speak up everytime something happens. There's so much going on in the world and this case has a massive media coverage already. Most people (celebrities and non-celebs) just repeat the same stuff that has been said thousand times already anyway.

I was surprised she posted about Manchester since she's never been exceptionally vocal about anything through all five years of her career.

i76mrxw.png 

I agree with the last two posters above. I despise Donald Trump probably as much as most people and I couldn't do anything about the vote because I wasn't old enough to vote. Sometimes I think celebs get themselves into hot water by speaking out against these political things when they actually could do other things kind of behind the scenes musical wise to help out. Such as performing a concert and donating the money anonymously to a cause. Why do things have to be said for a celeb or just a regular person to make a stand against something. Of course the celebs have the means to do bigger things and a bigger stage to do it than a regular person like you and I, but it still can be done I think. I think we all know the way Lana feels about the current administration, but really what can she do with a song? There has to be a lot more done in this world for this piece of shit world to start changing and a song isn't going to be what makes it happen.

banner7.jpg

Omg the National Anthem comment really leaves me shook. Like what do you mean lananaaaa

What do y'all think

I think that in the National Anthem video, she’s portraying both JFK and Obama (I think casting A$AP Rocky shows both JFK in that Lana directly quotes Jackie O and obviously having Rocky is a symbol of a more progressive time where people of colour are accepted as leaders, like Obama) and after performing that tonight, followed by WTWWAWWKD, which is an anti-Trump anthem basically, she connected the two to show both sides of what an American leader can be. It’s a commentary on “the country America used to be,” stated in the Ride monologue. At the time of its release, that line in the monologue referred to the free spirit and culture, but since Lana seems to have re-recorded the monologue for the tour, I think it almost redefines that line. In the wake of the LFL era, that line refers to a more ideal political way of being, which also groups Ride into this category

Wait, what comment?

National Anthem always seems more and more like it's being sung by Melania Trump to me

right before she switched to World At War from National Anthem she said 'Now onto a totally DIFFERENT world leader' 

and then on the verses she had replaced a lyric with something along the lines of 'get your hands off that button' or smthn

The "you're just a man, it's just what you do line" seems a little sexist in 2019, and wouldn't be tolerated by some of the same audience if the gender were reversed and sung by Harry Styles, Twenty-One Pilots or Justin Bieber, I don't think. I'm not bothered by it. 

Also, "if he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt?" seems laughably naive if taken literally. I assume it was just a sort of fun, throw-away line. Serial killers sometimes dismember their victims, they eat them on occasion, they torture and kill them violently, they bury them alive. All of which is a lot worse than being emotionally hurt, which most or all of us are at some time in our lives. 

The "you're just a man, it's just what you do line" seems a little sexist in 2019, and wouldn't be tolerated by some of the same audience if the gender were reversed and sung by Harry Styles, Twenty-One Pilots or Justin Bieber, I don't think. I'm not bothered by it. 

Also, "if he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt?" seems laughably naive if taken literally. I assume it was just a sort of fun, throw-away line. Serial killers sometimes dismember their victims, they eat them on occasion, they torture and kill them violently, they bury them alive. All of which is a lot worse than being emotionally hurt, which most or all of us are at some time in our lives. 

i almost started writing an actual counter/response to this before remembering the million other more effective things i could do with my time

it's just the way i feel

The latter lyric is laughable and someone from her team should've let her know. I understand the sentiment but it can be expressed more clearly.

Alexis Petridis writing the Guardian review be like

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Oh! A wild cis man whose feelings have been hurt appeared! What will you do?

>Throw a Poké Ball

>Run away because it's the most common species on earth

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

clownery

The guy who said Lana will never be beautiful cause her ears are too low and talked a lot of shit about her for not wearing enough makeup and not having her hair in a pretty style to her surgeon’s birthday party even though she looked completely fine is calling the “You’re just a man” line sexist.. Yeah seems about right

qfrWuBl.png

The guy who said Lana will never be beautiful cause her ears are too low and talked a lot of shit about her for not wearing enough makeup and not having her hair in a pretty style to her surgeon’s birthday party even though she looked completely fine is calling the “You’re just a man” line sexist.. Yeah seems about right

don't forget the "white men singlehandedly built western civilization" tirade...a vertimus classic

it's just the way i feel

The latter lyric is laughable and someone from her team should've let her know. I understand the sentiment but it can be expressed more clearly.

Yeah, it sorta tries to be clever and fails. And California is practically the capital of serial killers.