Elle

Lana & Politics

What kinda bullshit is this? Anybody can be sexist. It doesn’t matter who are being terrible is being terrible at the end of the day. Are we gonna say now that if a girl at school Is smacking a guy because she’s a girl who doesn’t hold power (she’s just a student) he can’t defend himself? Anybody holds the power to be racist or sexist saying otherwise is encouraging a toxic environment where people aren’t held accountable or where the seriousness of the situation can be downplayed.

Also, why is this being discussed in this thread? What did I miss? :toofunny:

where did u get this weakass random scenario from log off until u can make an actually good argument fucking hell

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

where did u get this weakass random scenario from log off until u can make an actually good argument fucking hell

I’m trynna make a hypothetical damn. I wouldn’t call it weak. Why don’t you log off as well? Just because my opinion might not be your favorite doesn’t mean it’s bad. Frankly, I just want people to stop playing victim. I today’s society I find it shocking to say women don’t hold power or that they can’t be sexist. It’s like saying black people can’t be racist or that white people can’t experience racism. The idea is flawed & will only come back to bite people in the ass in the future. I can already see the mess it’ll make it’s as ludicrous as the idea of reparations. Anyways, shall we get back to discussing Lana’s best album?

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Some men do, some men have nothing.  Judge individuals by their own actions.

being born and raised a man in a man dominated culture immediately gives you "something". no man has "nothing". if you are a man, you have power. maybe not a lot, but it is there. a man may not recognize it in himself, but it's guaranteed other people recognize it.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

It’s funny reading the comments on Reddit acting like jones is ignorant to the fact that lana isn’t exactly celebrating America in its current state, but instead celebrating the concept of America. What America could of and should’ve been. The way lana sings about America is similar to country artist like Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, and Willie Nelson. Lana’s not an idiot, neither is Alex Jones funny enough.

What kinda bullshit is this? Anybody can be sexist. It doesn’t matter who are being terrible is being terrible at the end of the day. Are we gonna say now that if a girl at school Is smacking a guy because she’s a girl who doesn’t hold power (she’s just a student) he can’t defend himself? Anybody holds the power to be racist or sexist saying otherwise is encouraging a toxic environment where people aren’t held accountable or where the seriousness of the situation can be downplayed.

Also, why is this being discussed in this thread? What did I miss? :toofunny:

Exactly. Think for yourself; think things through to their rightful conclusion without merely adopting them because it's popular and trendy to do so, and because, above all, it hopefully makes you a part of a group (or mob); apply social theories, 'rules and regulations' and laws evenly and objectively to all. Recognize when you're being programmed and being targeted as a "useful idiot" to spout Stalinist slogans and propaganda. 

Sexual harassment can happen to either females or males; women can sexually harass other women, men can sexually harass other males, women can sexually harass males, males can sexually harass women. Stalkers can be male or female; and sexist comments can and do come from the lips of male and females alike. Trolls, as we well know, can be male or female. 

A lot of this started not as a general argument, but because I said that 'you're just a man, it's just what you do' which I myself am not bothered by, could be seen as sexist in some quarters, just as many (though not necessarily here) would find it offensive and demeaning if a popular male singer wrote, "You're just a woman, it's just what you do," therefore reducing the female individual in question to "just a women" who acts the way she does because she's "just a woman."

In the city I live in, people are hyper-partisan above statements like this, and a man who would say such a thing to a female colleague at work might find himself without a job. 

Exactly. Think for yourself; think things through to their rightful conclusion without merely adopting them because it's popular and trendy to do so, and because, above all, it hopefully makes you a part of a group (or mob); apply social theories, 'rules and regulations' and laws evenly and objectively to all. Recognize when you're being programmed and being targeted as a "useful idiot" to spout Stalinist slogans and propaganda

Sexual harassment can happen to either females or males; women can sexually harass other women, men can sexually harass other males, women can sexually harass males, males can sexually harass women. Stalkers can be male or female; and sexist comments can and do come from the lips of male and females alike. Trolls, as we well know, can be male or female. 

A lot of this started not as a general argument, but because I said that 'you're just a man, it's just what you do' which I myself am not bothered by, could be seen as sexist in some quarters, just as many (though not necessarily here) would find it offensive and demeaning if a popular male singer wrote, "You're just a woman, it's just what you do," therefore reducing the female individual in question to "just a women" who acts the way she does because she's "just a woman."

In the city I live in, people are hyper-partisan above statements like this, and a man who would say such a thing to a female colleague at work might find himself without a job. 

You did give me Jordan Peterson fanboy vibes, glad we could clarify that sweetie!  :flop:

Please google 'punching up' so you can wrap your little head around why sexism isn't a black and white issue, and while you're at it, why a woman calling herself a 'little venice bitch' is far, far removed from a man calling a woman a bitch  :hooker:

locals only

of course it's cis faggots bringing up men being victims of "sexism" as if we don't live in a vastly patriarchal world

Anyway whoever keeps bringing back the sexism debate I'm literally begging of u to take it somewhere else because fighting is only fun when the people fighting can actually make constructive/witty responses fucking hell

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

You did give me Jordan Peterson fanboy vibes, glad we could clarify that sweetie!  :flop:

Please google 'punching up' so you can wrap your little head around why sexism isn't a black and white issue, and while you're at it, why a woman calling herself a 'little venice bitch' is far, far removed from a man calling a woman a bitch  :hooker:

It's always the gorls talking about "think for yourself; be objective and unbiased" that end up being the most bigoted and discriminatory. It's the alt-right's new slogan. It's just their way of gaslighting us into feeling like we're wrong for not being as shitty as them  :teehee:

It's always the gorls talking about "think for yourself; be objective and unbiased" that end up being the most bigoted and discriminatory. It's the alt-right's new slogan. It's just their way of gaslighting us into feeling like we're wrong for not being as shitty as them  :teehee:

Legit, in the pre-release it's "omg i wish lana would stop being so PC and get her nasty ears fixed," now it's faux-concern about her alleged misandry that literally no one was talking about lmao. You'd think Verty would have got the memo he wouldn't like it when she said Norman fucking Rockwell is about men who think they're geniuses, but I guess he was too busy reading JP and the nuanced articles on 16personalities.com to focus on our girl  :flutter:

locals only

Honestly what's even the point of keeping up with this sexism discussion? Someone saying that the title track is sexist is simply not aware of the world we live in and how privileged men have always been (and how much women still struggle with their rights). Yes, if a man told the same thing in a song, it would have much more impact and be complete bullshit, again, because of the world we live in and with how hard equality is to get. But Lana saying that is NOT sexist. Period.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Exactly. Think for yourself; think things through to their rightful conclusion without merely adopting them because it's popular and trendy to do so, and because, above all, it hopefully makes you a part of a group (or mob); apply social theories, 'rules and regulations' and laws evenly and objectively to all. Recognize when you're being programmed and being targeted as a "useful idiot" to spout Stalinist slogans and propaganda. 

hahaha

you're a reactionary.

giphy.gif

I always presumed that Lana Del Rey leaned more towards the liberal side of political thought, but lately I don't know. Then there's that Blake quote on her Facebook, "do I contradict myself? I contain multitudes". So, I'm beginning to suspect that in some aspects, she leans more towards the conservative side of political thought. According to her paternal grandfather's obituary in the Lake Placid News, he worked in high-level jobs for several corporations throughout his civilian career, and eventually helped establish a successful venture capitalist firm before retiring. This causes me to rethink Lana's song "Old Money". I wonder if Lana might actually come from a wealthy bloodline, which goes way, way, back. This, presumably, would be the cause of her, as yet un-vocalized or unexpressed, support for the conservatives, because they, as far as I can tell, place more emphasis on giving tax breaks to the wealthy. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting Lana and being too suspicious. Also, in light of David McGowen's research into the 1960s hippie rock stars and their family connections to military intelligence, I wonder if there's any possibility that Robert England Grant Sr. worked in some capacity for the Office of Naval Intelligence when he was a Naval Aviator during World War II. I should probably stop right here; no more questions, no more suspicions, no more wondering about L.D.R.'s past. Just enjoy the beautiful, lovely, music.......