Elle

Lana & Politics

It was the late author Tracy Twyman who made the connection between Kubrik's final film E.W.S. and the mysterious Solar Lodge, who will never be mentioned on this board again.

And LDR revealing herself as the beatles management style exemplified by John Coleman and the so-called "Puzzle Palace." LDR may yet, albeit in underground deep fake drivel, sing with Frank Sinatra and Sexy Sadie.

I think Lana is likely a Democrat. The times she has discussed politics she has supported Democratic Party positions such as access to birth control and abortion rights.

So I certainly feel she is liberal on social issues; supporting women’s rights issues, immigrant rights, LGBT rights etc. I don’t know where she stands on fiscal policy and foreign policy issues. She has never said anything about that.

I like how she doesn’t always talk about politics. I’m cool with celebrities discussing politics but don’t overdo it. Some really get carried away and it gets to be too much. Lana doesn’t do this. Never takes it too far.

Anyone who understands Lana will understand she leans left. She doesn’t have to tell you. She is in the business to make music. She isn’t hear to be a politician.

I kind of feel that your politics is your business. Having said that I’m a democrat and I support Joe Biden. Obviously Lana is opposed to Trump so we know she is voting for Biden.

It's best she doesn't use her platform for politics, imo. Not only are political views private (like @@AlexParliament said), she'll be dragged by conspiracy theorists no matter who she supports. 

We don't need Lana's instagram comments filled with pizza-emoji's and "adrenochrome" comments like almost every other American celebrity rn...

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

And at this point I seriously doubt she is going to post her views on IG or Twitter at this point as people get easily “offended” by everything these days. She’s never going to post her views on social media again. People have gone nuts and she knows it. Lana’s politics is her business. My politics is my business. What matters most is to vote.

I’m a democrat and Joe Biden has my support but I rarely post about politics on social media because people take everything personally and get offended.

my opinion on lana and politics is very... complicated. on one hand, im very firm in my beliefs (especially in my opinions on cops, BLM, etc.) on the other hand, I've dedicated a lot of time to Lana. she's truly my muse in more ways than one. she's the reason I'm so interested in pursuing music and the reason i started writing. her music has helped me through a lot. i don't want to lose her over political stuff, but "political stuff" is more important to me than music. i guess idk. being a Lana stan in 2020 is difficult.

giphy.gif

my opinion on lana and politics is very... complicated. on one hand, im very firm in my beliefs (especially in my opinions on cops, BLM, etc.) on the other hand, I've dedicated a lot of time to Lana. she's truly my muse in more ways than one. she's the reason I'm so interested in pursuing music and the reason i started writing. her music has helped me through a lot. i don't want to lose her over political stuff, but "political stuff" is more important to me than music. i guess idk. being a Lana stan in 2020 is difficult.

to me, her political views is something i admire her for. like she once said she's not totally leaning to one side (democrats/conservatives i guess) which in my view make her more... thoughtful of certain issues? idk

however, if she's really dating a cop who likes all lives matter posts, girl i'm unstanning

giphy.gif

to me, her political views is something i admire her for. like she once said she's not totally leaning to one side (democrats/conservatives i guess) which in my view make her more... thoughtful of certain issues? idk

however, if she's really dating a cop who likes all lives matter posts, girl i'm unstanning

while i respect the idea of being open minded and thoughtful, being a centrist is not a good thing in my opinion. i love her, but being a centrist is almost the same thing as not having an opinion at all.

giphy.gif

“I’m in love but I didn’t choose it”

She made The NA video with asap and black people while there were still movies made only including white people

If she’s in love let her be in love, maybe she could change his ways of looking to the world

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

She made The NA video with asap and black people while there were still movies made only including white people

If she’s in love let her be in love, maybe she could change his ways of looking to the world

sorry if this thread is getting off topic, but this is an incredibly ignorant stance to take. he's been a cop for a long time. he's had plenty of time to change his mind and he knows exactly what he's doing. and so does she. this isn't me attacking her. but i think celebrities need to be held accountable just as much as regular people do.

giphy.gif

sorry if this thread is getting off topic, but this is an incredibly ignorant stance to take. he's been a cop for a long time. he's had plenty of time to change his mind and he knows exactly what he's doing. and so does she. this isn't me attacking her. but i think celebrities need to be held accountable just as much as regular people do.

I understand what you mean and maybe because this doesn’t happen here I don’t fully get it, so I’ll keep my mouth shut about this topic <3

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

...ikyfl

while i respect the idea of being open minded and thoughtful, being a centrist is not a good thing in my opinion. i love her, but being a centrist is almost the same thing as not having an opinion at all.

well, being a centrist myself, i wouldn't say it's a bad thing not to have an opinion on EVERY subject in life, it's about seeking your truth and trying to make sense of everything going on 

maybe i'm getting this wrong but it's pretty similar to "i'm not racist i have black friends"

and i guess trying to change a person you're in a relationship with isn't really effective or appropriate

anyway, this is getting way off topic so we can move to another thread or PMs, i'm open for discussion and learning something new!

giphy.gif

On 8/11/2020 at 5:36 PM, Venice Bitch said:

huh? noah fence but centrists can get the boot

anyways I'm late to the party, so seems like y'all are back on topic so carry on

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

(Warm) Take: Her political songs sound too out of place in their respective albums imo. The greatest is the exception, cause its commentary is very subtle. She should've made a full fuck the government ep a la Madonna's American Life with LFL side B.

Looking for America

1. You're The Future

2. Is The End (of America)

3. Woodstock In My Mind

4. Lady Liberty 

5. Change 

6. Looking for America

7. Imagine