National Anthem

ALLIE X

im not shading Allie but you can't shade somebody that doesn't know who you are

like she was probably just being like "omg one of the biggest band of the world right now is coming out with an album the same day I am" which I mean she has such a different target and demographics that it's weird she would even feel threatened by it? like Kpop stans weren't gonna listen to your music to begin with so relax 

Anyone else got an email that the release date of the vinyl has been changed to 27 March 2020?

yeah I did. I swear the last 5 vinyl releases I’ve bought over the last year have been eventually delayed. Vinyl manufacturers must be backlogged

hey not to pop in here again BUT i noticed something- on all the Cape God single covers (and the album cover) we have (with Devil I Know confirming it) seemingly a planned release strategy:

Fig. 1 - Cape God (makes sense, revealed later obviously but it's the album so it comes first)

Fig. 2 - Fresh Laundry (first- for lack of a better term- "promo track")

Fig. 3 - Regulars (third)

Fig. 4 - Rings a Bell (second)

Fig. 5 - Love Me Wrong (fourth)

Fig. 6 - Devil I Know (fifth, "lead single")

note that the bold ones are out of order, is it possible Regulars was delayed to (presumably) finish its video?  i can't think of any other reason to break the order

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

first of all, Devil I Know is out now!  go stream.

second of all, i noticed a trend with the covers.  assuming my proposed schedule is true, then the covers themselves tell a story!

Fresh Laundry is set in a house

Regulars has her leave said house (it's a church here but like you get the idea)

Rings a Bell has her go even further so far that she...

Love Me Wrong finds a creek that presumably leads to

Devil I Know's cave, upon which she enters into

Cape God

if u find this take it as a Gift

oh and one more tidbit, apparently they changed the feature notation on the single covers because the leaked version of Love Me Wrong from Shazam had an X on the cover - i presume this was due to it looking messy (Allie X x Troye Sivan does admittedly look clunkier) but found it worth pointing out so!

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

first of all, Devil I Know is out now!  go stream.

second of all, i noticed a trend with the covers.  assuming my proposed schedule is true, then the covers themselves tell a story!

Fresh Laundry is set in a house

Regulars has her leave said house (it's a church here but like you get the idea)

Rings a Bell has her go even further so far that she...

Love Me Wrong finds a creek that presumably leads to

Devil I Know's cave, upon which she enters into

Cape God

oh and one more tidbit, apparently they changed the feature notation on the single covers because the leaked version of Love Me Wrong from Shazam had an X on the cover - i presume this was due to it looking messy (Allie X x Troye Sivan does admittedly look clunkier) but found it worth pointing out so!

Love Me Wrong single cover still says X Troye Sivan on Apple Music

not a big fan of this song but its good

also why did she scrapped Fresh Laundry as the first single its much more a exponent of the record as a whole

I think she keeps scraping singles and saying ‘well this is the lead’ because they flopped or didn’t commercially do anything. She’s hoping for a hit single and get some success. I’m not sure why Devil I know is the lead though when super duper exists. Perhaps she’s saving that as a last attempt.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Devil I know is really... hm. "weak".

The album is still shapping up to be really great isn't it? Really made me dive deeper into a more organic-oriented world that I really didn't expect allie x of all people to get me there. Always thought my bond with her would be about glittering synths and heavy bops nnn.

This album is sounding like CLX II without the... trend chasing aspect.