Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Your music knowledge is so limited.  :awkney: He is iconic in american alternative scene. He could bring a lot of attention to Lana from hipster, alt scene. Thats probably the people Lana wants to target since she gave up on any mainstream promotion.

he is no katy perry. he lost

Your music knowledge is so limited.  :awkney: He is iconic in american alternative scene. He could bring a lot of attention to Lana from hipster, alt scene. Thats probably the people Lana wants to target since she gave up on any mainstream promotion.

don't feed this sad,angry german troll :candy:

I wonder what the fact that Lana is working with all of the people from the Born to Die era means (Emile, Nicole Nodland) :delicious:  

i dont wanna sound delusional but is she planning btd 2.0

giphy.gif

yeah, thinking that a singer is good bc of the numbers of hits is kinda ??? I mean, Taylor Swift must be a genius bc the girl always sells a lot. I don't get why ppl think just bc an artist sells a lot then it's a good artist. fck no, it just mean that they're more commercial, that's all

I wonder what the fact that Lana is working with all of the people from the Born to Die era means (Emile, Nicole Nodland) :delicious:

i dont wanna sound delusional but is she planning btd 2.0

wait did I miss something

The Nicole Nodland thing was actually Johnny Blue Eyes' magazine shoot or whatever .. right?

4BZPaCg.jpg

wait did I miss something

The Nicole Nodland thing was actually Johnny Blue Eyes' magazine shoot or whatever .. right?

i don't know i saw someone saying she shot some promotional shoot for the next album but i'm not sure tho

giphy.gif

nobody has ever heard of him. we want hits, not some obscure singers ten ppl know. tenks

Why don't you just listen to Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande then?

Apart form that, he's definitly not a "nobody", he may just not live in your Katy Perry world of music.

And on another note, I did not even say I want "a cover with Mark lanegan", but someone with similar vocal qualities.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Does anyone know if it's true that the release date for YAIL has been delayed and pushed further ?

Well Eclipse said so, I guess it must be true 

The way he worded it sounds like it got pushed back a few times already  :deadbanana: Universal are being assholes he said

image.png

Why don't you just listen to Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande then?

Apart form that, he's definitly not a "nobody", he may just not live in your Katy Perry world of music.

And on another note, I did not even say I want "a cover with Mark lanegan", but someone with similar vocal qualities.

everytime that I read someone saying those stuff from alternative singers I get kinda pissed off. I mean, those pop singers (of course, not all pop singers, we have some great like Madonna, Lady gaga, etc...) take off the art from music and transform it in a product. I really don't know how ppl don't see how problematic is that. Art shouldn't be a product, art should be a way to the artist portray his reality or a way to escape reality, and that's not what the mainstream artists do. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_industry who say those stuff should read this

https://web.stanford.edu/dept/DLCL/files/pdf/adorno_culture_industry.pdf

The way he worded it sounds like it got pushed back a few times already  :deadbanana: Universal are being assholes he said

at least that means it's coming quite soon right ?

giphy.gif

I love the fact that Lana doesn't care about being mainstream I think that's one of the best things about her tbh!

I think it's funny bc Lana is too alternative to be mainstream but she's too mainstream to be an alternative icon

On Twitter?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

at least that means it's coming quite soon right ?

He said that they only moved the date to the following week, so it's no big deal. However he also said she was very upset about it and got into arguments with the label guys, which doesn't sound really promising.

I don't remember this lol was it recently, like is the feb/march release date still a possibility?

He said that they only moved the date to the following week, so it's no big deal. However he also said she was very upset about it and got into arguments with the label guys, which doesn't sound really promising.

oh no this sounds like UV era 2.0 when she refused to do promo etc. because of her label's restrictions

giphy.gif