Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

oh no this sounds like UV era 2.0 when she refused to do promo etc. because of her label's restrictions

If i'm not mistaken, that's the last album that she'll release w/ her label, isn't? I mean, unless she extend the contract 

oh no this sounds like UV era 2.0 when she refused to do promo etc. because of her label's restrictions

I don't want to put words in his mouth, he only mentioned it on ATRL. Apparently Universal handles this part of the job this time around, which also explains why some people already have YAIL & more stuff.

Why do you all think YAIL is taking so long to be released if Lana's ready, the song is done and the music video has been shot ? :defeated: What is Universals waiting for ?

giphy.gif

Why do you all think YAIL is taking so long to be released if Lana's ready, the song is done and the music video has been shot ? :defeated: What is Universals waiting for ?

they have their metrics... they are probably trying to "time" it for the most lucrative release based on whatever data-hocus-pocus they have to refer to.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

The best thing for her, since she's got so rich$$$, would be to have her own label, I guess ? Like many other popular artists do. That would just avoid so many unnecessary complications.

Allegedly, the album isn't 100 % finished. Lana can not just release the single in hopes it will chart for two months before she releases an album. Her singles rather die a quick death. Why would they push a lead for an album that ain't done yet?

I'm honestly more excited to see the single artwork than anything else. I wonder if she will go back to her old font for the titles or will use the cursive one she used during the Honeymoon era? I wonder if she's blonde in it?

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Allegedly, the album isn't 100 % finished. Lana can not just release the single in hopes it will chart for two months before she releases an album. Her singles rather die a quick death. Why would they push a lead for an album that ain't done yet?

How does anyone know whether or not it's finished? She also waited more than 2 months after teasing HM

okay but what is all this label talk? isn't she signed to interscope? when did she ever release under sony? the universal link they posted on atrl is her label in germany (she's under vertigo/universal music germany).

so why does she have to deal with universal "now" when uv and hm were both released under interscope (which is part of universal) aswell ?

i76mrxw.png 

How does anyone know whether or not it's finished? She also waited more than 2 months after teasing HM

It has been said by eclipse that she hasn't finished the album. Oh yeah, let's use HM as a reference cause that "era" was a masterful example of  a clever and well-prepared album launch.

Honeymoon (the single) was not the lead. High By The Beach was and was released 4-5 weeks before the album dropped.

okay but what is all this label talk? isn't she signed to interscope? when did she ever release under sony? the universal link they posted on atrl is her label in germany (she's under vertigo/universal music germany).

so why does she have to deal with universal "now" when uv and hm were both released under interscope (which is part of universal) aswell ?

lady gaga is also there and she's signed to interscope too 

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Labels and publishers are different.

Polydor and Interscope are her labels.

Sony is her publisher as she is signed to them as a songwriter.

Whenever she works with someone (such as Emile, Dan Heath, Benny Blanco...) who are signed to other publishers, they also get a share on the song made. Emile and Benny are both under Universal, therefore Universal gets the song's ownership this time around. They publish the song. So they have a say in what goes on.

Omg Eclipse on Twitter: "She will release when she and her team are ready Dates change often. But there is still a while for a proper release. We must be patient"

:crai:i was ready to get the song within the next 2 weeks

giphy.gif

Labels and publishers are different.

Polydor and Interscope are her labels.

Sony is her publisher as she is signed to them as a songwriter.

Whenever she works with someone (such as Emile, Dan Heath, Benny Blanco...) who are signed to other publishers, they also get a share on the song made. Emile and Benny are both under Universal, therefore Universal gets the song's ownership this time around. They publish the song. So they have a say in what goes on.

but they probably won't let her release YAIL until the album is ready, right?

Omg Eclipse on Twitter: "She will release when she and her team are ready Dates change often. But there is still a while for a proper release. We must be patient"

:crai:i was ready to get the song within the next 2 weeks

Crying tesrs of gold like lemonade currently

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

It has been said by eclipse that she hasn't finished the album. Oh yeah, let's use HM as a reference cause that "era" was a masterful example of  a clever and well-prepared album launch.

Honeymoon (the single) was not the lead. High By The Beach was and was released 4-5 weeks before the album dropped.

I just think honeymoon is a representation of how things are going... eclipse (and others) have said that LDR5 sounds like honeymoon, I don't know why everyone's expecting a commercial album Lana doesn't even want commercial success or fame. And I said beginning of promo because we've had nothing so far