Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Labels and publishers are different.

Polydor and Interscope are her labels.

Sony is her publisher as she is signed to them as a songwriter.

Whenever she works with someone (such as Emile, Dan Heath, Benny Blanco...) who are signed to other publishers, they also get a share on the song made. Emile and Benny are both under Universal, therefore Universal gets the song's ownership this time around. They publish the song. So they have a say in what goes on.

Thank you for clearing that up! I was just so confused

i76mrxw.png 

I just think honeymoon is a representation of how things are going... eclipse (and others) have said that LDR5 sounds like honeymoon, I don't know why everyone's expecting a commercial album Lana doesn't even want commercial success or fame. And I said beginning of promo because we've had nothing so far

Well, if she doesn't want it, why isn't she releasing her music for free on her soundclound? She clearly want success. Maybe not Taylor Swift sized exposure but you guys are underestimating her will to succeed.

Labels and publishers are different.

Polydor and Interscope are her labels.

Sony is her publisher as she is signed to them as a songwriter.

Whenever she works with someone (such as Emile, Dan Heath, Benny Blanco...) who are signed to other publishers, they also get a share on the song made. Emile and Benny are both under Universal, therefore Universal gets the song's ownership this time around. They publish the song. So they have a say in what goes on.

Is there a particular reason why the single is being held back ?

giphy.gif

Isn't that actually a good thing that Universal handles this?

I think it means professional promo, but they're sloppy when it comes to the the project's safety (hence why YAIL was "available" so early)

Well, if she doesn't want it, why isn't she releasing her music for free on her soundclound? She clearly want success. Maybe not Taylor Swift sized exposure but you guys are underestimating her will to succeed.

I think that by now she's doing what her label wants, but I think that she won't extend her contract. I think she wants to be famous, but not as a pop icon

Isn't that actually a good thing that Universal handles this?

If Universal was smart, they would release YAIL on Feb 10th with the song featured in a TV Ad for Valentines Day and then release the video on the 14th. 

But we're talking about (y)our girl...  :derpna:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

I am almost sure that I will be taken out of context again but,

Let's just say that, from what I've heard so far, she's not going for heavy strings this time around.

If we take Young And In Love as an example (I like that song), the demo is heavy on the strings but the final has lots of drums and sound samples.

I can almost call it a lite, stripped back Born To Die sound. Without the huge hip-hop tempo/beats.

Anyway, I'm not the best when it comes to descriptions so don't quote me on this later.

It's nothing like Honeymoon. Not like Ultraviolence too.

And from what I've heard, the other track I've heard is an ugly demo and the final is much better.

Fingers crossed.

I see what you're saying, but she does have a contract. Look at God Knows I Tried and the HBTB music video, and all the times that people have broken into her house or stolen her cars or whatever, I'm not saying she wont produce good work, or doesn't want to profit from the work, but I could understand if she didn't want to be in the spotlight anymore 

Let's just say that, from what I've heard so far, she's not going for heavy strings this time around.

If we take Young And In Love as an example (I like that song), the demo is heavy on the strings but the final has lots of drums and sound samples.

I can almost call it a lite, stripped back Born To Die sound. Without the huge hip-hop tempo/beats.

Anyway, I'm not the best when it comes to descriptions so don't quote me on this later.

And from what I've heard, the other track I've heard is an ugly demo and the final is much better.

Fingers crossed.

Is there any way you could share what you said on ATRL about things getting pushed back? I couldn't find it lol

Fingers crossed.

I would like to thank not only Jesus but also God for this information, it's everything i needed to know

giphy.gif

I like that song

[...]

It's nothing like Honeymoon.

[...]

I've heard is an ugly demo and the final is much better.

thank you, the rants about snoozymoon pt II can stop now pls.

i76mrxw.png 

I KEEPS SAYING, our girl will never release an album that sounds exactly the same as another, nor does she want to be a flop

Was UV the same as Paradise? Was HM the same as UV? Why will the next be the same as HM?

The descriptions that we're receiving just confirm this, it's a different sound she's pursuing. It's like we forget that Lana is an ARTIST and KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING - and any artist takes pride in any work they put out. She won't be lazy enough to copy and paste the sound of Honeymoon onto this future release.

About promo: she doesn't want to flop. Who does? She obviously wants her music to be heard without selling out to the current radio trends. Let her do what she wants, but know also that she's not this fully complacent indie girlie that doesn't care if she gets 0 sales. She wants money, power, glory :creep: even if she doesn't pursue it as strenuously as she did back in 2012.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MUSIC :deadbanana:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Fingers crossed.

Oh my god this makes me so happy :defeated: 

I need this song NOW

image.png

My opinion;

They want her to be successful in her own genre. No one is aiming for #1 on Billboard 100. But she's still a major artist signed under a major label, so of course they want to release things properly and get the best exposure they can. They want the songs + album to reach the audience it's supposed to reach and have some sort of social media presence/impact. And they accepted she is not a fan of heavy promotion, so she keeps things lowkey with interviews, photoshoots, festivals and radio appearances where she is more comfortable.

And this video will be relatable and loved by her audience, the bulk of them being Tumblr-style teenagers.